• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed

• CloudBoss.pro

Is Bing DYING? -- Or Killing Sites?

bing bing seo bingbot

• Please log in to reply
    10 replies to this topic

#1 macseotips

macseotips

• posts 71
    • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Is anyone else seeing significant drops in Bing traffic in Q1 of 2015? I recently visited Bing's webmaster tools and I'm seeing an average of 15%-35% drop in search traffic nearly across the board on a dozen+ sites since the beginning of the new year.

Bing/Yahoo used to provide enough of a foundation that even sites that Google has long since punished were still bringing in enough $$$ to justify keeping them. But I'm worried with this sharp downtrend.

Anyone else noticed this? Is Bing quietly dying while everyone else is so distracted by Google - and few are paying attention? Has Bing rolled out a punitive algo that no one is talking about?

And how does that tie into Yahoo? Yahoo doesn't MIRROR Bing's database exactly. I see lots of instances where Yahoo's SERPS are significantly (though not totally) different from Bing's. But.. If a site weakens in Bing's eyes - it will likely affect Yahoo do a degree - and even how well you're doing at DuckDuckGo.

Attached File  bing-traffic-drop.jpg   29.85KB   0 downloads

Edited by macseotips, 18 March 2015 - 10:41 PM.

Glenn D. Bearsky

Apple Geek - Marketing Freek

#2 Rainmak3r

Rainmak3r

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 155

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Not sure I understand.. as a Bing Certified Partner Agency, we encourage most of our clients to use Bing for a host of reasons, one of which are slightly lowered CPCs compared to Google.

That said, Microsoft's throwing a lot of resources at Bing search to attract new users, including reward points - which can be exchanged for gift cards.. the more you use Bing search.

Bear in mind Firefox also changed its default search engine to Yahoo.. whether all users have since changed back to Google etc, is still up for debate.

Anyhoo.. most of our clients are getting a good bang for their money on Bing.. so, to answer your question, yes and no... guess depends with the niche etc.

I know a lot of IMers who use Bing exclusively to launch products and make leaderboards on networks like Empower Network etc.

So I would have to say, not necessarily!

#3 macseotips

macseotips

• posts 71
    • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:35 AM

Follow up to Is Bing DYING? -- It certainly has for me. As we head into fall - the loss of visibility and Page 1 rankings at Bing continues. I manage well over 50 sites and at this point HALF of them (already punished by Google) now barely get any daily Bing organic traffic anymore either. The decline was quite sharp in August and September.\

Is anyone else with a lot of sites noticing this? Did Bing finally drop the BIG Hammer on affiliate sites this summer?

From what I observe in Bing SERPS for highly commercial tech/gadget terms - they've done as Google did - and rarely include anything but Major companies, Brand retailers, and (in my case) only the top tech news sites -- and squeezed out any well-optimized little guys, forums or Q&A sites to a great degree. Just big brands.

Now largely left with only REFERRING site traffic for the most part - I'm thinking maybe CHURN AND BURN with new domains is the only realistic path forward for 20+ sites...

Glenn D. Bearsky

Apple Geek - Marketing Freek

#4 Dewlance

Dewlance

• posts 10

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:35 PM

I think bing is not dying and one day it will takeover google. There is a reason that why I say bing will takeover google.

Lot of peoples prefer to use bing.

#5 aars14

aars14

• posts 6

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:08 PM

Bing is still being used as a default search engine on million's of computers... and it's a strong contributor on one of my sites..

"Stuck With Adwords/PPC Campaigns? Want to Increase Conversions? Setup New Campaign Google Certified Partners." - Have you Started Reading my AliRaza.co - Internet Marketing Blog?

#6 androidized

androidized

• posts 3

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

Probably they are getting better and penalizing over optimization. I just started some Bing campaigns and there is plenty of traffic to come, from a very specific audience, and specific keywords.

#7 mytechgoal

mytechgoal

• posts 4

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

Bing is still is an important search engine, it is one of the top search engines and Bing and Yahoo are working together. Yahoo is using Bing Algorithm and they are connected to each other. So I think there is no chance of Dying. Although Google is the most powerful, But other search engines are also important.

#8 CMch

CMch

• posts 39

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

It really depends on your niche and location. In the US Bing is still holding close to a 30% market share so while that is a lot less than Google it is still a lot of searchers. In other countries though it is in the low single digits which is probably not worth targeting. 

Also the Bing demographic tends to be older and less tech savvy so that can affect the amount of traffic you are able to get from Bing as well.  

#9 Agent Smith

Agent Smith

• posts 20

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

I have been getting a fair amount of traffic from Bing lately and I have not done anything special for Bing it just started happening. Not complaining but I wish I knew the why. 

#10 EduardoD

EduardoD

• posts 6

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

I have been getting a fair amount of traffic from Bing lately and I have not done anything special for Bing it just started happening. Not complaining but I wish I knew the why. 

I get a substantial amount of bing traffic on a couple of my sites. Not really sure why on some sites an not others as I do not do anything different on them. 

#11 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

I get a substantial amount of bing traffic on a couple of my sites. Not really sure why on some sites an not others as I do not do anything different on them. 

As noted by an earlier post a lot of it depends on the niche and target demographic. If your target demographic is one that uses Bing you will get higher than average traffiic, if not then your Bing traffic will be lower. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................