Bob Loblaw

Google SERPs now Showing Full Restaurant Menu

Not sure how this is done but I am curious if t can be done for other sites such as e-commerce sites. If if can be done, how is it done? Looked to see if there was schema markup but that doesn't appear to be the case.

As you can see below I searched a chain restaurant "Corner Bakery Menu" the result came up with a menu I could scroll through without ever clicking off the G SERP. Obviously not good if you're looking for visits to the site but I still want to know how to obtain this result.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

It appears to be because you are using menu as part of your search. I can duplicate it with some searches using company+menu but it does not always show up so there must be something the companies are doing to give Google the correct info to display the partial menu.

Yeah it definitely has to do with "menu". I've tried other terms within the niche I hope to find a way to use this for but nothing yet. From any other brand or competitor. I'd love to be the first one to capitalize on this (in my market).

Was this ever figured out? I just started helping a local restaurant and found this thread...

Proper schema setup for restaurants includes menu info. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Google also seems to pull info from the following two sites as well. Best guess is poor schema setups on the majority of restaurant sites so Google is in the habit of pulling the info from where it is available. 

I recommend doing all three to cover all the bases. 

Proper schema setup for restaurants includes menu info. 

Google also seems to pull info from the following two sites as well. Best guess is poor schema setups on the majority of restaurant sites so Google is in the habit of pulling the info from where it is available. 

I recommend doing all three to cover all the bases. 

Well that was helpful. I have been trying to get this right on a site and not quite getting it done. This will hopefully do the trick.