TerryKyle

Traffic Generation WITHOUT Google

Yahoo and Bing are also a good source for brings huge & quality traffics. Yahoo Answer is the best way to aware people from your stuff and pull it on your website.

Exactly. Yahoo answers is also good for many niches.

Mostly I use social bookmarking services for getting high PR and increasing traffic rather than google. I think word of mouth is good rather than other activity. Promotion on facebook twitter and linkedIn and social bookmarks on del, stumbleupon etc. can generate lots of traffic if you are using right techniques and do promote natuarlly. :D

i have one simple thing to get traffic without G, even G itself realize it: get the power of internet browser! The appearance of Chrome is one proof that G realize there are some more power on the internet above G : ie, firefox and opera.

So, to get traffic, create your "super duper" browser and spread it! And this is the beauty of this idea: It is not forbid you to use G for the first time, but you will get your very own traffic generator, absolutely independent from G logo

And the cost of that startup in terms of software development and marketing to achieve some market share would be...?

Thanks for creating such a wonderful thread.Blogging, guest blogging, blog commenting, forum marketing, article marketing, video marketing, Article syndication, social sources are viable alternatives to Google. If someone can get good traffic from these, he does not have to depend on Google traffic.

James Schramko is a big fan of podcasting as a traffic generator - anyone tried that?

Well I've setup my own experiment to see if I can rank a website with nothing but high quality content (no SEO/link building etc) and given I have only ever used SEO to drive traffic this is a very new experience. Full details of the experiment

Please login or register to see this link.

and what I'm doing to drive traffic at the moment.

Has anyone had any experience with

I was thinking about giving them a shot over Yahoo Answers

I love social media from Facebook and building your own lists for newsletters.

Build a Blog on your site first though... so you can spread your content via social media and newsletters.

I wrote a useful post on marketing strategies that are for the long term.

I though the post would be useful to this discussion.

Social media is one of the greatest ways. Facebook and Twitter, and Pinterest. Depends on your niche though. And the good old ways: forum marketing, guest posting still works. Another way is Adwords campaign. But you should go for free traffic as much as possible.

Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Pininterest, Tumblr and many more. There are tons of way to direct the traffic to your website, it is only a matter of whether you would take your eye of Google for a moment and see whether you can get traffic from other sources.

Traffic generation without google

1.Social Bookmarking on top most sites.

2.Blog Commenting.

3.Forum Posting.

4.Yahoo and Bing Search including yahoo answers.

5.Video marketing.

6.Facebook Ad campaign.

7.Google Adwords(Paid).

8.Guest posts.

All these have to be done on the relevant niche except social bookmarking and you can generate traffic from all these without google.

Edited by LemonSeo

Here are the strategies I used last month to generate $4k -

This month I have-

launched a competition

built relationships with list owners

got a follow up guest post on searchenginejournal.com

getting some software created (to give away free)

Hello there!

Organic traffic can be derived by utilizing social networking sites. It really works well especially if you have a huge following. Forum marketing is also useful and it targets relevant audience as well. I find yahoo answers useful too.

You have to identify your demographics. If you are selling furniture, there is no way you will get traffic that converts from social bookmarks for example reddit or digg. Those sites are NOT for that niche. If your traffic doesn't convert it's just an arbitrary number. Identify your demographics, find sites that fit your demographics (if you start your search with demo instead of niche, the ideas come flooding in) and then either buy ads or leave thoughtful comments etc.

You have to identify your demographics. If you are selling furniture, there is no way you will get traffic that converts from social bookmarks for example reddit or digg. Those sites are NOT for that niche. If your traffic doesn't convert it's just an arbitrary number. Identify your demographics, find sites that fit your demographics (if you start your search with demo instead of niche, the ideas come flooding in) and then either buy ads or leave thoughtful comments etc.

Well that depends how you define a 'conversion'

For me a conversion would be getting another vote on reddit/digg

Here in lies the problem... The fact that Google has generated so much power is because of our community... The accumulation of other traffic sources could equal the power of being on the front page of Google but work required is great...

Does anyone use Yahoo Answers? I was thinking of trying that this week to see if it scores any traffic this week.

I wouldn't bother to use them as there isn't much room there. It actually depends on your niche. For instance, if your niche is on entertainment then it may give you an edge to drive traffic otherwise answers are hardly handy. But as an alternate forums are better, you just participate and help out others! This may help you to drive traffic without relying on Google.

Best of luck :)

I have been following Affiliate Marketing & IM. However, I have never understood up to now what Article Marketing means? Is it the submission of articles to the article directories. Please tell me what it exactly means. Thanks in advance.

Yes but that technique doesn't drive much of traffic. Though, you can use high quality forums that operate in your niche. They are more handy to drive traffic and direct visitors.

When I start my journey in this field I never think about search engine. I know what they are doing. I think it would be all right if we just know what search engine likes and what search engines does not like. I always think about my potential customers. And it always clicks.