TerryKyle

Traffic Generation WITHOUT Google

Being flexible and innovative is obviously pretty important in the SEO/IM game and to that end, over-reliance on SEOing for Google Organic results ONLY (despite the awesome tactical discussions going on here) could make your IM business vulnerable (e.g. to weird algorithmic changes, various 'Slaps' etc).

So how exactly do you get traffic OUTSIDE of Google Organic search results?

This is the place to share and ask...

I also think outside the google and some other tools may also be a good assessment of the site hierarchy as

Please login or register to see this link.

round.

Being flexible and innovative is obviously pretty important in the SEO/IM game and to that end, over-reliance on SEOing for Google Organic results ONLY (despite the awesome tactical discussions going on here) could make your IM business vulnerable (e.g. to weird algorithmic changes, various 'Slaps' etc).

So how exactly do you get traffic OUTSIDE of Google Organic search results?

This is the place to share and ask...

Something that I, and a lot of other people, overlook is KEEPING the traffic you get. Those slaps & penalties aren't going to hurt as much when you've got a big list of interested subscribers.

I've never been huge into mailing lists. But I know I need to make it a priority at some point.

Forum marketing can be very effective in almost any niche and it can come in several flavours:

- Sig links

- Classifieds

- Banners

- Co-promotion with forum owner/s

- Creating/buying a forum

Has anyone had success traffic-wise with podcasting directories, powerpoint presentation sites or document sharing sites?

I see alot of people that have a nice amount of followers on youtube and i don't think their videos rank in the SEs, at least not for the high traffic keywords. It's more work though but it can be well worth it to promote your stuff this way. A lot of fitness guys are doing this on Youtube right now with much success. Probably more and option for product owners though.

I see alot of people that have a nice amount of followers on youtube and i don't think their videos rank in the SEs, at least not for the high traffic keywords. It's more work though but it can be well worth it to promote your stuff this way. A lot of fitness guys are doing this on Youtube right now with much success. Probably more and option for product owners though.

and there is the YouTube Keyword Tool to help YT keyword research too. It isn't anywhere near as sophisticated as the GKT but it's something:

I also think outside the google and some other tools may also be a good assessment of the site hierarchy as

round.

Email marketing, Social media, in house destribution like totally twittable

Does anyone use Yahoo Answers? I was thinking of trying that this week to see if it scores any traffic this week.

Yahoo Answers is the largest knowledge-sharing community on the Web, so it can be a good way to generate target traffic for your website. Just like SEO, it requires a lot of time to implement to get the hidden gems. Anyways, you must be at Level 2 before you can freely put your links. All in all, it can be a good source of traffic, if you're persistent.

This month I'll add a Case Study thread in the experiments section on using Charlie Page's DOE (Directory of Ezine) service.

Very Cool I would be interested in how well it works, I looked at it awhile back but I could not convince myself that it would be worth the money.

I think Article marketing is the best way to get targeted qualified visitors for any website and also it helps to get High pr backlinks.

I have been following Affiliate Marketing & IM. However, I have never understood up to now what Article Marketing means? Is it the submission of articles to the article directories. Please tell me what it exactly means. Thanks in advance.

Do you mean this ?

Guest blogging, forum marketing, free report distribution, video marketing ...

There are 20+ alternate traffic methods that are google-slap free (and usually result in high organic ranking)

could you please list all methods:) BIG thanks here!

This is a good addition to the forum, I for one will be focusing maybe 70% of efforts on my next project in regards to "non google" marketing.

Right now I feel that relying on search engines for traffic is like living on a income knife edge, developing other means of generating traffic is a must for long term stability.

Idea: Very broad niche, find ten most popular forums and 10 most popular blogs in niche and become very active - niche is huge ... worth astronicmal traffic each month.

Not sure if I would use this for the so called micro niches ... maybe too much networking.

Couple this with regular backlinking of keywords.

This month I'll add a Case Study thread in the experiments section on using Charlie Page's DOE (Directory of Ezine) service.

It could partially be due to me not putting in enough effort but I haven't great results from that.

I found that most of the people who do actually respond and accept content from you are doing so from heaps and heaps of other people, too, and the traffic generated is minimal.

I think targeting the people with smaller sized lists on there and working out some sort of exclusivity within whatever deal you come up with might work best.

Does anyone use Yahoo Answers? I was thinking of trying that this week to see if it scores any traffic this week.

I do I use it to good health its my number 2 source of traffic actually you can directly attract traffic who have issues which your website has a solution for.

:D

There is a guy named "myob" on Warrior Forum that constantly touts his "25,000+ website syndicated content network" on almost every thread talking about article marketing or SEO. I'm not sure exactly how he does it, but he has somehow built up a lot of channels for his articles to be accepted, and somehow this generates traffic for him. Some of the problems with this method though seem to be that you would have to be writing in one niche and be very knowledgeable about that one niche. Otherwise there's no way you could build up networks for 50 different niches if that's how you normally do affiliate marketing. You'd have to pick something like tech and weight loss or whatever. Even then, it's definitely way more work than SEO for un unknown amount of benefit. Right now I just prefer to build more sites and diversify that way.

There is a guy named "myob" on Warrior Forum that constantly touts his "25,000+ website syndicated content network" on almost every thread talking about article marketing or SEO. I'm not sure exactly how he does it, but he has somehow built up a lot of channels for his articles to be accepted, and somehow this generates traffic for him. Some of the problems with this method though seem to be that you would have to be writing in one niche and be very knowledgeable about that one niche. Otherwise there's no way you could build up networks for 50 different niches if that's how you normally do affiliate marketing. You'd have to pick something like tech and weight loss or whatever. Even then, it's definitely way more work than SEO for un unknown amount of benefit. Right now I just prefer to build more sites and diversify that way.

You are talking about Paul Uhl (myob). He has been at it a long time and really knows his stuff on syndication.

With syndication, it is a different game than regular SEO but it is not necessarily way more work. It is just different.

There are many perks with syndication one of the sweetest being you are no longer riding the Google roller coaster.

The basics are; write an article and post it on your site, once it is indexed, send it out to ezine publishers, then send it to article directories.

You would establish relationships with ezine publishers and your articles are usually not be as "salesy" as for organic SEO. One goal is often to get the

readers that come from the ezines to opt in to your list, just like it often is with regular marketing.

In addition, there are other avenues you can explore with that content and syndication - so you really work to repurpose the content.

And it can bring in steady steams of traffic.

I wrote a blog post about Twitter sending over 3k visits to my wife's new blog - it took her some common sense, and a single Tweet. Oh, and some luck, too. :D

It's all in who you know and how you approach them. I've also leveraged Twitter to grow my audience and make direct and indirect sales, in a passive way, using Twitterfeed, MarketMeSuite and Paper.li.

I'm experimenting more w/non-Google traffic in 2012, since SEO sends me 80-95% of my traffic so far - but when I started TheAverageGenius.net I solely used CommentLuv (with various other blog comment linking) - mainly as a social tool (whitehat) and not automated/SB stuff.

Anyhow, guest posting has also sent droves of traffic whenever I bring myself to do it, and creating a PDF with an embedded social sharing button (Twitter) helps, too. I didn't distribute it yet to PDF sites, but use it as a back-end way to gain customers to my Duct Tape SEO book - seems to work. Nothing major yet, but it's passive income, have made nearly $4k with the book (launched around August or Sept of 2011).

Someone that I've been reading a ton of on traffic is Kim Roach with her Traffic Dashboard (and her free Traffic Underground PDF) - pretty much all new ideas to my SEO brain. Where I first came across Charlie Page (haven't used him yet).

The blog post of my wife and Twitter:

Edited by DuctTapeSEO