• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed

• CloudBoss.pro

Is really pdf helps in SEO strategy

• Please log in to reply
    24 replies to this topic

#21 Andre Wains

Andre Wains

• posts 1

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

You should check out this post, it is somewhat old but has some other ideas you may not have thought about. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/5230-17-untapped-backlink-sources/

You want to whenever possible expand the link types you use if for nothing else to have a more diversified link profile. Some links may not directly give you a big boost but they do allow you to show Google a wide range of links. 

Also we have seen plenty of times over the years Google devaluing a link type and if  your link profile is too narrow and you are depending on a link type that gets devalued  your site drops like a rock. The wider and more varied your link profile the less likely that is going to happen. 

So would you say that the the links types in this list are links that will give you an seo boost or are they just good for link diversification?

#22 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

Do you use a particular ration of strong links to "filler" links?

No hard and fast rule. On reason is that not all "strong" links are equal so coming up with a number of filler type links is going to depend on what links I am using for a particular site. 

Ballpark I would say that 75% of my links are untargeted in some fashion, either not very strong or just naked links either without any or untargeted anchor text. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#23 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

So would you say that the the links types in this list are links that will give you an seo boost or are they just good for link diversification?

I honestly do not see the two as mutually exclusive. Just because a link is "weak" or untargeted does not mean there is no SEO benefit. I go to great lengths to try and make the link profiles of my sites look as natural as possible (obviously my idea of what is natural) with a wide range of link types. Now is there some wasted effort? I am sure there is but my rankings tend to stay pretty steady through all the Google updates so to me it is worth the extra effort. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#24 VidalQC

VidalQC

• posts 20

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:56 AM

I honestly do not see the two as mutually exclusive. Just because a link is "weak" or untargeted does not mean there is no SEO benefit. I go to great lengths to try and make the link profiles of my sites look as natural as possible (obviously my idea of what is natural) with a wide range of link types. Now is there some wasted effort? I am sure there is but my rankings tend to stay pretty steady through all the Google updates so to me it is worth the extra effort. 

While I see the reasoning my question would how much extra time and energy go into creating and building links that may not directly help rank your site. 

#25 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

While I see the reasoning my question would how much extra time and energy go into creating and building links that may not directly help rank your site. 

Well I use a lot of automation so I am able to keep the time and energy cost lower than a lot of (most?) people. However it really depends on how you define "directly" All that "extra" effort means I rarely have to worry about any particular update because my link profiles are so diversified. It may take me more links to get my rankings than someone who is focusing on just the links that are need to rank today but to me the stability is worth it.