jessicajoses

Is really pdf helps in SEO strategy

No hard and fast rule. On reason is that not all "strong" links are equal so coming up with a number of filler type links is going to depend on what links I am using for a particular site. 

Ballpark I would say that 75% of my links are untargeted in some fashion, either not very strong or just naked links either without any or untargeted anchor text. 

I honestly do not see the two as mutually exclusive. Just because a link is "weak" or untargeted does not mean there is no SEO benefit. I go to great lengths to try and make the link profiles of my sites look as natural as possible (obviously my idea of what is natural) with a wide range of link types. Now is there some wasted effort? I am sure there is but my rankings tend to stay pretty steady through all the Google updates so to me it is worth the extra effort. 

Good info Thanks

While I see the reasoning my question would how much extra time and energy go into creating and building links that may not directly help rank your site. 

If all you do is use just a few link types even if they are the special super ranking types that work NOW you are going to run into problems down the road when Google changes it algorithm. 

You see it every time there is a major change, lots of people coming to the SEO forums crying that there sites have dropped and all of a sudden they have no money coming in. 

The only way to guard against that happening to you is to use a wide variety of link types so that when one is devalued you do not get your rankings hammered. 

Well I use a lot of automation so I am able to keep the time and energy cost lower than a lot of (most?) people. However it really depends on how you define "directly" All that "extra" effort means I rarely have to worry about any particular update because my link profiles are so diversified. It may take me more links to get my rankings than someone who is focusing on just the links that are need to rank today but to me the stability is worth it. 

What automation programs do you use?

What automation programs do you use?

I have a long list of programs we use. I probably own most all of the link building automation out there plus I have created specialty bots whenever I see the need. If it is possible to automate something then I automate it.

So would you say that the the links types in this list are links that will give you an seo boost or are they just good for link diversification?

Both and keep in mind that link diversification will help your seo so even links that are not """ super duper seo links"""  will help your seo efforts. Do you think that real sites end up with only those  strong seo links that everyone tries to sell you? That is a pattern all by itself. 

Well I use a lot of automation so I am able to keep the time and energy cost lower than a lot of (most?) people. However it really depends on how you define "directly" All that "extra" effort means I rarely have to worry about any particular update because my link profiles are so diversified. It may take me more links to get my rankings than someone who is focusing on just the links that are need to rank today but to me the stability is worth it. 

So by building all the different link types you are future proofing your rankings. However the problem is you do not know what link types Google is going to like the next time there is an update. 

So by building all the different link types you are future proofing your rankings. However the problem is you do not know what link types Google is going to like the next time there is an update. 

Which is why I try not to target any one specific link type but rather use as many different ones as possible. The more link diversity you have the less any one type can affect your rankings when Google does the next update. 

Search Engine Journal might disagree with you

Please login or register to see this link.

It looks like if you do it correctly PDFs can be of use for seo purposes. 

Nice share definitely worth reading and bookmarking so I can add another useful link type to my list. 

PDF submission helpful to get the link but not much helpful in SEO strategy. Because it is only used to provide vast information in the content form. I don't think pdf really helps in SEO strategy. You should try article submission to get links.

You should check out this post, it is somewhat old but has some other ideas you may not have thought about. 

Please login or register to see this link.

I was scrolling the page and clicked on your link. thanks a lot for sharing a link which contains too many ways to build backlinks in different ways.

You can convert some of your blog posts into pdf's and then submit them to pdf directories.
This is only for traffic and branding because those pdf's will be duplicate content of the pages they come from, so they'll be filtered out of Google SERPs.

If you want to really use pdf like a boss, then create something original and then upload it to, let's say, 10 decent directories. Now that pdf will get decent authority.

Here's a cool hack:
You can do a 301 redirect of that pdf to some other relevant (important) page on your site. That will release all the link equity and funnel into your site where it will spread through internal links. So your pdf will disappear because of 301, but your links will remain.
But the page you point 301 redirect to has to be super relevant or it will not work.

On 6/11/2014 at 6:08 PM, jessicajoses said:

Hai guys, i'm very new to seo and i just want to know that pdf can really helpful one for seo strategy and the links which we placed in the pdf is worth to consider in Google terms.

Agreed with seogroupbuy!

And They won't help you directly but indirectly PDF can help you to drive traffic if you are sharing useful content with users.