• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Tiered Linkbuilding Experiment

Tiered Linkbuilding

• Please log in to reply
    15 replies to this topic

#1 Iprovideseo

Iprovideseo

• Advanced Member
    • posts 89

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Does tiered linkbuilding still work in 2014? How effective can it be after all of the latest algorithm updates targeting the strategy?

These are questions that continually pop up around the internet marketing and SEO world. I wanted to test out several tiered linkbuilding campaigns on a brand new website with a good silo structure and unique SEO optimized content.

Feel free to ask questions and I will answer them!

Have fun again with SEO! Testing the most current and most talked about methods in the SEO industry with full disclosure and details visit www.seo-experiments.com

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Does tiered linkbuilding still work in 2014? How effective can it be after all of the latest algorithm updates targeting the strategy?

Actually it should read more like "after the Google Dept of misinformation said that the latest algorithm changes would be targeting the strategy"

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 Iprovideseo

Iprovideseo

• Advanced Member
    • posts 89

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Lol indeed!

Have fun again with SEO! Testing the most current and most talked about methods in the SEO industry with full disclosure and details visit www.seo-experiments.com

#4 horheu

horheu

• posts 22
    • LocationBraila, Romania

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

As long as they will use backlinks as a determining factor for the rankings, tiered backlinking will definitely work. :)

Web20outsourcing.com - Web 2.0 Backlinks - One-Time Submissions, Drip Feed Links (monthly subscriptions)

#5 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

As long as they will use backlinks as a determining factor for the rankings, tiered backlinking will definitely work. :)

And that does seem to be the case (at least for awhile anyhow)

http://trafficplanet.com/index.php?/topic/8146-matt-cutts-backlinks-still-great-for-search-quality/

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#6 kasher9

kasher9

• posts 8

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

Tiered linkbuilding will always work but with the new updates, it needs to be done with caution. Gone are the days (as far as I see it anyway) of using 4 articles spread across 1000 different link types. Well I say that, although I still see such quality consistently being purchased by the new guys. Matt Cutts aggressive campaign will eventually disembark across the web, just not yet :)

#7 gez40

gez40

• posts 78
    • LocationEngland

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

What I find a bit frustrating with these kind of experiments is that nobody seems to look at the first page competition from an seo perspective.
    Saying "the keyword has 12000 per month searches" does'nt make any difference it's the pages your are competing against that matters. The competition column in keyword planner is not seo competition but rather how many people are biding on that keyword via AdWords.
    It's pretty pointless doing this kind of thing without knowing what you are up against, what if the top 10 are all inner pages with no PR, no backlinks, no DA, can't then really claim that this method is the bee's knees.
    Find yourself a keyword that has an average of pr3/4 competing pages, all with plenty of backlinks etc, then try your test and see how it performs, gonna cost you more than $50 that's for sure, at least after you'll have a better idea of what's required to crack the top 10.
    Having said that, if you do find a keyword with very little seo competition a couple of good PR links would probably be enough to do it.
    Also, might be a good idea to run it along side a different strategy to see which one works the best, does tiered linkbuilding still work?...compared to what?

Edited by gez40, 23 February 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#8 The Write Brothers

The Write Brothers

• posts 35

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

Exactly what I was about to say. And if backlinking works then it does not matter if it's a link wheel or a link pyramid or any other sort of backlinking, It's still going to work!!

The Write Brothers

Journalist, Doctor and Lawyer writing quality content for pennies

#9 pahosa

pahosa

• posts 74
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

In my opinion, all backlinks will work, that's the reason why Google has been very strict with the links. So tiered link building does work however be very careful not to leave footprints and make sure that they appear as natural links.

Read Our PRMarketer Blog - For PR Tips and Latest Trends
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hands Free Press Release Service. Click Here For Current Promotion For TP Members!

#10 Inal1951

Inal1951

• posts 42

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

I am very positive that tiered linkbuilding is still very effective but I think everyone will appreciate it
    if we can have an update from Iprovideseo about this experiment. Did you make it on the first page?

#11 SEWarrior

SEWarrior

• posts 31

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

"Iprovideseo" why can't you update here, so everyone abt your site SERP status and the step you taken to achieve it

#12 imrizk

imrizk

• posts 35

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

yes, well you still need caution, and not overdo it.

#13 bestimtoolz.com

bestimtoolz.com

• posts 3

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

I can only confirm it still works very well but ,it works best aimed on parasite high DA sites, results are really fast, espiecially if you use open redirects.

smartwebtek.net - affordable SEO services
    Web 2.0 private networks, 2nd & 3rd tiers, indexing

#14 sweeppicker

sweeppicker

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 247

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

The concept of Tiered link building still works BUT your success may depend on ...

1. Anchor text distribution to your MS

2. Quality and uniqueness of the content

3. Trust of the websites

4. Relevancy

5. Subnets

6. Index rate

7. Velocity

8. Age of links

9. Footprints

etc, etc, etc.

As with pretty much everything else in SEO your mileage may vary. 

Edited by sweeppicker, 02 October 2014 - 10:41 PM.

#15 jenot

jenot

• posts 4

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

It depends on what is your way to build tiers. It's all the time good working but soon or later could be a problem if the second level conains only spam. For example big blast from scrapebox. Also big meaning is how looks your blogs from first level. 

More content, not too many links, pictures, seo settings, tags and diffrent blogs - that is good working.

#16 Kaminszakr

Kaminszakr

• posts 1

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

They are some great strategies for repurposing the content. I like the idea of having the start of a tutorial on YouTube and then the full tutorial self hosted on the blog. This would definetly help suck people from Youtube into the site.