Dionne Taylor

What is your best traffic source?

My best source of traffic is probably posting on forums and using Social Media websites. If I am honest though posting on forums regularly is the one I get most traffic from on a regular basis so I tend to focus on that and do small amounts of promoting on social media.

Pinterest, Facebook and forums are a good traffic source for me.  Also one other point about using forums for traffic generation.  Never just go to a forum thinking you are going to drop a link and run as this type of behavior will only get you banned.   Take time to contribute the highest quality content, even tutorials and video presentations.  Ask relevant questions and give good advice to help others out.  In this way, you're not only taking care of the community, but also establishing yourself as an expert in your niche.  When people have an issue, they are more likely to turn to someone who is an expert in that type of situation.

I'm actually surprised to say 'pinterest'  is the most consistent traffic source so far

That's not such a big surprise as Pinterest works really well for some niches.  What is your site about anyway?

Most of my traffic comes from social media such as pins on Pinterest and Facebook page.  I'm also very active on several Facebook groups.  I get some traffic from Google search and other search providers, but that traffic does not convert as well for me.  

I've used paid ads on Adwords and Facebook ads successfully, though this strategy usually works best when the traffic is sent to an email sign up page, rather than to a sales page.  Any type of free 2 week trial subscription offer works well for paid advertising.  This gives the person visiting your site a good reason to go ahead and try out what you are offering without hesitation as they know it's free for a limited time only.  

Actually some of my best traffic comes from Youtube after they have watched a video, so that is very high quality traffic.  I would be curious to know what people think is the best quality of traffic for the money (or time) invested.  My point is that I would trade my google traffic for youtube traffic any day because the quality is so much better with youtube.

-JC

I prefer paid advertising it's quick and scaleable. if you know what you are doing then you can crush it with paid traffic. for organic traffic it takes time and some work. for paid it takes money. the choice for you. 

My best traffic source would have to be Adsense right now. Facebook is a close second. 

I guess I preffer paid ads traffic since I can set it once and be done with it, as long as it remains profitable. 

I also get a lot of visits through signature links in other forums.

Well, the best (and still) traffic source for me is google.

Second would be a mix of blogging and social media. It both works well for me.

Are you getting the traffic organically or through paid search?

I have been trying to increase my organic traffic but right now my main driver is still Adsense.

Are you getting the traffic organically or through paid search?

I have been trying to increase my organic traffic but right now my main driver is still Adsense.

Well, organically since I can't afford paid search; I do not have adsense but I do have an affiliate.