• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: AUG. 21 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 SmartVideo Upgrade - Templates VideoRemix $67.00
    2 Promoyze Commercial Andrew Darius - Explaindio LLC $37.00
    3 Fast Traffic Bot Eric Holmlund $20.03
    4 Builderall Internet Marketing Platform - Special Promo e-Business4us INC $47.90
    5 Personal Satisfaction PLR: Living Life on Your Own Terms (FE 20 Articles) Tiffany Lambert $7.00
    6 Viddyoze Template Club Viddyoze $37.00
    7 SyndRanker: Link Indexer Neil Napier $17.00
    8 SociOffer - Elite Daniel Adetunji $37.00
    9 Earn Extra Christmas Cash Using the FB Marketplace (PLR Limited to 50 Buyers) Tiffany Lambert $12.00
    10 Lead Magnet Power Pack Special Offer Promote Labs Inc $7.54
    11 Kindle Keyword and Self Publishing Software David Chesson $97.00

7 Tips To Improve Your Writing Skills

• Please log in to reply
    31 replies to this topic

#1 XYZcontent

XYZcontent

• posts 28

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around the this forum lately without having posted anything really useful for an awful long time so I decided to make this thread and give back something to this great community. 

Here are 7 important tips to becoming better writer :

1. Don't correct your grammar/spelling until you're done writing. I've noticed that stopping everytime you commit a mistake slows down the entire process. Just let the words flow and worry about the spelling at the end.

2. Reading a lot is another very important factor which many writers, including myself, characterize as an important asset in the process of becoming a better writer.

Even when you're a good writer you should still try and read a lot, because as we all know, knowledge is unlimited.

3. Some more complex articles, press releases, books may need some planning beforehand. It's usually quite obvious when you're going to have to need a plan to make the writing process easier later on.

The plan should usually consist of writing a draft with some subtitles and keywords of which the article will later be formed of.

4. Turn off anything in your environment that distracts you, including your phone or at least put it away for 30 minutes minimum. If you can't find a quiet place without distractions try going to the local library, your office or a peaceful park.

5. Try to avoid using the same words over and over again. Use as many synonyms as possible without making the article look too difficult to read for the average reader. A great website to find synonyms is thesaurus.com (I've personally used it and I know a few others that have).

6. Identify the needs of your readership and get yo know your audience. What do your readers need/want to know? How does your own knowledge matchup against the information they need? This will be the easiest way for you to find a topic to write about. You can also extensively research information that you don’t know, so don’t be deterred by that.

7. Find reliable sources. Now that you know what to look for, research your topic. You can use the internet, conduct interviews, a library, watch documentaries, or whatever you feel is appropriate to teach you everything you need to know about your topic. (This is especially for long-term project such as eBooks or if you´re building a website about a certain topic)

I hope I helped at least some of you out there that are struggling with writing.

Best wishes

>>> Cheap & High Quality Content | Articles | Product Reviews <<<

(We Offer Content In Multiple Languages)

Visit us at XYZcontent.com

#2 Yahoo

Yahoo

• posts 9
    • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

I agreed with point #1 as keep on stopping and writing will only slow down your writing. #2 is correct the more you read and the more knowledge you have as a result you can write more things that you know. 

#3 I agree with you as you need to plan out, writing out draft before starting a complex article as it will save you time and you will know the directions where to go. You will not stuck in between of writing articles as there are a lot of times when I'm struck in between of articles and don't know how to continue to write more details. This is the problem if you never plan beforehand when you want to write a complex article. This is very true.

#4 is correct, you need concentration in order to get the maximum output any distractions like Facebook, Twitter, Wechat should not be turned on as all those apps only disturb your writing and lower the quality of your articles.

#5 is correct too to make your articles appear professional you need to use different words like (not encouraging) becomes (deter) etc. It will make your article looks professional and more people are willing to read it. It has also being mentioned in grammar correcting software such as the WhiteSmoke software.

#6. Go to forums and find out more details on what people want to know and write articles about it and respond to it. This is what Matthew Woodward does and he has been very successful now; generating more than 10k per month. Thanks to this approach.

#7. Correct. what I do is to download eBooks and read them so you will be a master of a subject and you can write anything effective and efficient.

MUST HAVE! SEO Tools / Services!

> www.warocks.com/tools-of-the-trade <

#3 LeslyMa

LeslyMa

• posts 4

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

I would argue that you should correct and edit your writing as you go along. Waiting until the very end can often take much more time than making corrections as you go. You may also want to consider using a program such as grammarly.com to help improve your grammar and writing. Writing content is really simple. Just follow this general outline. Tell people what you are going to tell them. This is your opening paragraph and introduction. The next few paragraphs should tell them what you have to tell them. Using tips and bullet points are perfect. People love quick and easy tips. The final paragraph should tell them what you told them. Paraphrase the overall idea of the article you just wrote. 

#4 Terr0r

Terr0r

• posts 13

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

Great tips, if your going to be writing a decent piece you want to have a plan, you should really write it over a course of a few days. I mean if you really want something high quality to share, you can't just write it up off the top of your head in 30 minutes.

I couldn't agree more with your point about correcting grammer and spelling mistakes when your writin, i try to avoid using the backspace key at all times when writing another over a paragraph really i find you get a much better flow and you can certainly write articles a lot quicker, you barely spend anytime correcting the spelling and grammer mistakes after you've written the article especially because you should be proofreading the content before publishing it, which is the perfect time to correct those mistakes. 

#5 MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer

• posts 16

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

I appreciate these tips. It is very good first to write whole article and then proof read. Correct all gramatical errors.

#6 XYZcontent

XYZcontent

• posts 28

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Thank you everyone for all the appreciative comments and for the constructive criticism. 

I'm aware there is more to writing an article than those 7 tips but they are definitely something people should keep in mind.

>>> Cheap & High Quality Content | Articles | Product Reviews <<<

(We Offer Content In Multiple Languages)

Visit us at XYZcontent.com

#7 EvinDrek

EvinDrek

• posts 2

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

Very useful tips. At the same time, I'd also offer few more tips from my own article here: Quality Content Writing is Simple to Achieve with These Tips

Thank you!

Looking for content writing and link building solutions? Click here.
    For useful tips about content writing and marketing subscribe here NOW.

#8 Michel Kook

Michel Kook

• posts 41

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

I am argee about it. I am also have a great idea for improving wrting skill...

Such as,

1.Writing in a journal

2.Participate in writing prompts.

3.Rewrite newspaper and magazine articles.

4.Comment on your favorite blog posts.

5. Join a writer's group.

6. Attend a writer's conference or workshop. etc..

To Get Your Main Focus About Offline Marketing Keywords.

OfflineMarketingZone.com

#9 Nicolas1s6

Nicolas1s6

• posts 22

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

Gret tips, but i think yuo've forgot the most important:

Write, write, write

because you can't be a writer if you don't write... and the best way to improve your writing is to write every days :) even f it's only 100 words....

#10 dremdesigns

dremdesigns

• posts 5

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

All of these points are spot on. I have written more articles than I can even count, but these 7 tips are always adhered to with each article. When I am working on a very intense article, I will always plan it out ahead.

I would also add in using custom templates with Office. I have created templates for generic articles, reviews, press releases, etc. These templates are more of a general skeleton, but it speeds up the writing process greatly especially when writing a ton of articles each week.

#11 Kunwarpalsolanki

Kunwarpalsolanki

• posts 3

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

1. keep all your writing in one place.

2. Pick a topic and write.

3. Use strong words.

4. Read magazines, newspapers and everything else.

5. Attend a write conference or workshop.

6. Use dictionary

7. Read a lot.

#12 kashif86

kashif86

• posts 12

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

The best advices i have ever read on the forums.

#13 alvinhy

alvinhy

• posts 33

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

What I do is think of a title. Think of 10 different variations and choose the best.

Then I brainstorm my article with everything I can think of what to write.

After I filter out the useless information and place it structurally so it reads in a good flow.

But I must say, reading other blogs or newspapers will help your writing skills

#14 LifestyleUltimatum

LifestyleUltimatum

• posts 12

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

As a non-native English, I have had to search for solutions to improve my bad writing and make it decent in English. I have collect in a post a list of useful tips and tricks on how to improve the writing process, due to lot experiment I have had to do to reach a decent writing quality.

I think that the writing process is less time consuming than the review process.

The most useful proofreading software in my opinion is this: http://www.serenity-software.com/

I know that seems an old website, and an old solution, but when I write long articles I will pass them under this and then I send them to the reviewer. He found really few errors. And trust me that my initial writing (like you can see here in the post) usually is really bad.

If I use software as Ginger and Grammarly the reviewer still find bunch of errors.

Also another good software I think must be checked out is http://linguisoft.com/ Grammarian, for who like me use Mac.

And finally I heard good things about http://www.editorsoftware.com/StyleWriter.html

Also, I think that there is some best practice to improve the writing process, but I think it is too long to write everything in a forum post. For who are interested, feel free to check out the post I wrote about, (website in signature), I will be glad to hear your voice.

P.s.: I still be a bad English writer, but at least now the is understandable :D

#15 Maggie777

Maggie777

• posts 5

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have also written some articles and what I do I would like to share 

1) first I write down all the content and after that I spell check and grammar after that I check content quality using grammarly

2)Grammarly helps alot in improving content quality. 

3) I don'tt publish articles immediately rather I leave it for few hours and then check again it also helps in improving the content.

4) after reviewing article for 2 or three times I finally publish it. :)

I hope you will find my tips useful 

#16 IMCapitalist

IMCapitalist

• posts 17

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

as a content writer myself, I like the tips shared in this thread. thanks to all those comentators and contributors in the thread. greatly appreciated.

#17 ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick

• posts 15

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

As a someone who has experienced in writing, I often test my writing skills myself. 

During my high school days, my teacher had this 5.5 writing exercise. Basically, we had to write a 5 sentence paragraph under 5 minutes. Of course, the grammar and spelling must be correct.

This is what I used to do in order to test my skills and further improve it. You have to try this. This might be easy or difficult depending on the person. If you are an expert and well-read person, this would be easy. 

Anyways, I agree with all that was written in this thread. 

#18 cwvps

cwvps

• posts 24

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

I couldn't agree more about this rule which tells us to read, read, read, always more and more. It is impossible to write good articles without reading good books, articles, blogs and magazines. While reading and thinking about it, million ideas come to my mind what could I write about. Reading helps you find inspiration and develop your writing skills. 

#19 AshlyBenson

AshlyBenson

• posts 3

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

This topic was close to me because i always try to improve my writing skills. Sometimes i have good ideas and thoughts but when i try to write it is awful. I will try to use the tips taht all you mentioned. 

#20 Therens

Therens

• posts 3

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:45 PM

These are some great tips.

If I may add another tip to your list, it will be: Readability test

Search for it on Google, many sites offers to test your complete article for free.