• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

WPX Hosting by Terry Kyle

WPX Hosting – owned by Traffic Planet founder, Terry Kyle - is the ONLY hosting service recommended by Thrive Themes) – use promo code WPX-LOVES-TRAFFIC-PLANET for $1 first month (‘Business Plan’)

10 Reasons Why WPX Hosting Should Be Your Managed WordPress Hosting Provider:

1. Staging Area w/- UNIQUE functionality – merge your Staging site version with the Live site version WITHOUT losing new blog comments or post/page changes on the Live site since the Staging version was created
    2. WPX Hosting’s 24/7/365 Support Team AVERAGE under 30 seconds response time, according to Live Chat Inc (the independent live chat platform used by WPX Hosting)
    3. “FIXED FOR YOU” Guarantee: Unlike old-school hosting company support that sends you a link to an article when you get into technical trouble & expects you to fix the issue, we do it for you, FAST & FREE (and we can still send you an article link if you want!). WPX Hosting is like your own F1 pit crew, ready 24/7/365 to get your technical problems resolved fast.
    4. SUPERFAST high-end new SSD servers deliberately UNDERloaded for high performance under extreme traffic loads (e.g. email marketing broadcasts, product launches)
    5. UNLIMITED Free Google-Sponsored SSL Certificates Installed & Active In Under 10 Seconds (Watch Video Here)
    6. PHP 7.X Enabled (Plus Earlier Versions) + http2 enabled + enterprise-level Incapsula DDOS protection on ALL plans
    7. Unlimited FREE Site Migration from your current host to WPX Hosting Within 24 Hours, 7 Days A Week
    8. Fully Managed WordPress Hosting With FREE Email Included (Unlike Many Others)
    9. US servers Located In The World's Largest Datacenter Along With America's Financial Infrastructure, UK servers in London too.
    10. WPX Hosting Is Trusted With 50 Million+ Page Views Every Month

Your favorite Social Network

• Please log in to reply
    155 replies to this topic

#1 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100
    • LocationNovi Sad, Serbia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys and girls from Traffic Planet! 

I'm really excited to hear your opinions and experiences regarding Social Media Networks. What network you use most and what is the best for driving traffic (from your experience). 

Thanks!

Marketing Fist- The Biggest Marketing Magazine and Blog on the planet. All around tips!

#2 back2form

back2form

• Banned
    • posts 20

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

If we use the word Social media, first thing which comes to our mind is Facebook. There are lot more social media websites available to drive traffic to our website. Social signals like views, likes, shares, comments, pins, followers, subscribers will bring immense traffic to our site which are mostly natural organic traffic provided if we don't buy them. My favorite networks are Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. Even though i'm driving traffic from pinterest, I'm more comfortable with these networks only. 

#3 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

Glad to hear that. For example, I don't even use Tumblr, not for business, not for personal use. 

Pinterest is a great network also, but since I own Internet Marketing blog, I think it is a waste of time for me.

Marketing Fist- The Biggest Marketing Magazine and Blog on the planet. All around tips!

#4 back2form

back2form

• Banned
    • posts 20

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

On seeing this thread and our replies, my colleague put a comment, there is nothing called waste of time or useless, its the thing that we are still at the starting level and don't know how to use those networks for earning money or driving traffic. There are lots and lots of people out there who make huge dollars with Pinterest, Tumblr etc. We have to learn how to drive traffic with them. Every social network is a source for internet marketing and mainly for affiliate marketing.

#5 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

It is not a waste of time if I'm trying to learn more about Pinterest. But it is a waste of time if I'm trying to drive huge traffic from it when refering to an Internet Marketing blog. Pinterest definitely won't work in the way I want if I use it in purpose of driving traffic to my blog. 

And not every social network is a source for Internet Marketing. The best is if you concentrate on only two for the start and not messing up with 10 at the same time. 

#6 skyler

skyler

• Banned
    • posts 20

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Since you guys speaking about pinterest, i would like to register my opinion. I have been involved in creating pins and its my main source fro driving traffic to my site. Initially it was hard with pinterest but after learning some tricks, now its my main source for traffic.

Edited by skyler, 28 November 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#7 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

Since you guys speaking about pinterest, i would like to register my opinion. I have been involved in creating pins and its my main source fro driving traffic to my site. Initially it was hard with pinterest but after learning some tricks, now its my main source for traffic.

Glad to hear that. Can you share some tricks and in what niche are your site? 

Glad to know that you have succeeded with Pinterest. Yeah that is what we were discussing, we need to be patient until success knocks our door. We must not chase dollars and short-cut strategies, as they will lead us to distress. For internet marketing blog, you will gain traffic if you provide quality content and promote through informative posts in forums and blog comments. It is my small suggestion. 

Yep, forum posting can be effective. Blog commenting isn't so effective if your only goal is to drive traffic. If your goal is to establish good relationship with the owner of the blog and then benefit later, then I always sugest blog commenting. 

Thanks!

#8 back2form

back2form

• Banned
    • posts 20

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

I have this question in my mind for a long time, since you own a Internet marketing blog, i'll ask you. What is your main method for monetization and which method brings you more income?? You can answer my question if you don't find it silly. 

#9 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Since I started my Internet Marketing blog in the end of the August and really didn't have time to work hard on it, I start working on monetizing the site only week ago.

I already have a plan and start doing some basic things but my opinion is that the best way to monetize Internet Marketing blog is through Affiliate Marketing. There are lot of products that you can advertise and get very nice commisions for sale (even up to 70%). If you are good storyseller, you can make thousands every day!

#10 slfmarketing

slfmarketing

• posts 45
    • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

I prefer Facebook, but have used Pinterest and Instagram as well to generate traffic. The majority of my traffic building strategies originate through Facebook fan pages.

#11 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,476
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

When looking at the different social sites you need to take into account the niche and demographic you are targeting. There is no one size fits all approach to marketing in general and the social sites in particular so some social sites are going to work better than others depending on your target demographic and type of business you are marketing.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#12 Jay Wessman

Jay Wessman

• posts 29

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

I try to build up a presence for each of my sites on just about all of the social networks however as Richard stated some niches are better suited to certain social networks so often I'll put more time and effort into the social networks that best match the particular sites demographics.

I have to say though Tumblr is probably the most underrated social network of the lot.

#13 proxynvpn

proxynvpn

• Active Seller
    • posts 33

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

HI :)

I use Facebook,Twetter,Pinterest and i am very satisfied with them

#14 seranking

seranking

• posts 52

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

For most of my websites, I get used to Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. Now I would like to test Pinterest. I have heard a lot about this social media platform. Tell about your experience with pinterest. I wonder how it will work?

#15 Mudaser SEO Group

Mudaser SEO Group

• posts 9
    • LocationFSD

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

HI. Glad to here that, and According to my opinion, i mostly use Google+ and Facebook for Traffic, and now a new Site Pinterest.

it also profitable for gettin Traffic.

==================

Hey guys and girls from Traffic Planet! 

I'm really excited to hear your opinions and experiences regarding Social Media Networks. What network you use most and what is the best for driving traffic (from your experience). 

Thanks!

#16 TiaButcher

TiaButcher

• posts 5

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

The name that pops into everyone's head when a social network is being spoken about, is Facebook! 

But there are many social platforms that if not doing equally well, are doing a good job at social media interaction/ marketing - Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. 

I like using Pinterest! It helps me categorize data well :) 

#17 Stefan Shields

Stefan Shields

• posts 11
    • LocationWest Yorkshire, England

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

I use as many social networks as possible, as long as it makes sense to have a presence on social media for whichever site I'm working on. 

I have to say that Twitter has been the biggest source of traffic for me in the past although that traffc is pretty much 100% casual internet users. 

The title of the thread is "Your Favorite Social Network"

My favorite one is .............. Google+

Why? some of you will be asking.

Well, basically I think Google+ is a much better place to connect with people properly and form a better relationship. On Facebook and Twitter there are large portions of people who have no interest in anything you have to say. 

I find that with Google+, most people who add you to circles are interested in what you have to say. 

Google+ is underused I believed by internet marketers. Every connection you make on Google+ is worth more than 100 followers on Facebook or Twitter in my opinion.

Does anybody agree with that or am I on my own here? 

How YOU Can Make Easy Money Every Day by Simply Viewing 10 Ads

#18 ronald577

ronald577

• posts 12

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

my favorite social media sites are facebook, twitter, linkedin, but facebook is best.

thank you

#19 MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer

• posts 16

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

According to my knowledge and experience Facebook is one of the best Sccial Network. Most of the people use this network. That is why here it is easy to make online community.

#20 vjproduction

vjproduction

• posts 5

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

For traffic - Reddit. Unlike Fb, Tw, G+, it's content-oriented, and unlike Stumbleupon it's more flexible. Probably the best traffic source if used properly.