• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • What is your best strategy for driving traffic?

• Please log in to reply
    47 replies to this topic

#1 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100
    • LocationNovi Sad, Serbia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I want to hear. What has been working the best for you? Your best source of traffic? How do you do it and do you have any secret way or you stick to the simple? 

Thanks!

Marketing Fist- The Biggest Marketing Magazine and Blog on the planet. All around tips!

#2 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

• posts 7

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

A lot of my traffic comes from the search engines. Other than that, it's social media generated.

#3 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Glad to hear that man! :) 

Marketing Fist- The Biggest Marketing Magazine and Blog on the planet. All around tips!

#4 proxynvpn

proxynvpn

• Active Seller
    • posts 32

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hi :)

Social media had a huge impact on my business so i advice everybody to concentrate on it

#5 seranking

seranking

• posts 51

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

Google and social media for sure!:)

#6 Bulan

Bulan

• posts 19

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

Well, I am doing mix plate for getting traffic :) such as blogs, forums, social media, classifieds, PR, BP and some others too.

#7 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hmm, interesting. ''Mixing'' is really good since you don't depend only from one source. :)

#8 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,162
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Might want to check out this thread

http://trafficplanet.com/topic/9-traffic-generation-without-google/

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#9 TiaButcher

TiaButcher

• posts 5

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

Social media has worked wonders, it drives a lot of traffic to the site; be it Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. 

But building backlinks to your sites from high PR sites is also important, to build reputation. 

#10 barryinsiam

barryinsiam

• posts 15
    • LocationOnline and In Siam

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Driving traffic by sharing information others would usually charge for is something worth thinking about.

I personally share everything I can to help people out- if you care about others, and help people on forums or join Facebook groups to help people, you will naturally gain a following and trust.

I know it sounds very cliche but helping others is what really produces results in the end- and it's a win-win. I guess this falls hand in hand with quality content; if people find it beneficial, they will like you, share it and drive traffic to it for you.

Find someone who needs help here and answer them with a very informative post instead of just the short snippets (like this one LOL)

Good luck!

Who is BarryinSiam ?
    Level X, 1000's of thumbs ups, Guaranteed SEO
    Find him on Seoclerks.com

#11 reaboss

reaboss

• posts 5

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

i used facebook to drive most of my traffic this year.

#12 Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor

• posts 7

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Blog commenting, social media, and forum posting are the best ways hands down.

VISIT MY BLOG TO LEARN HOW I MAKE MONEY ONLINE AND HOW YOU CAN TOO!
    WATCH THIS TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT A JOB

#13 DianaPerk

DianaPerk

• Banned
    • posts 2
    • LocationIndia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

To increase website traffic on your website, you have to focus on two main components: Search engine Visibility and Links.

There are some various tactics used to drive user to your website and improve visibility these are:

1. Make Social Media Strategy: Make connections and take controversial content and share it on social media site

2. Create Blog and update regular with quality content.

3. Join specific niche Forums

4. Create Community

5. Bring guest bloggers:Find someone who writes well on your topic and ask them if they’d be willing to contribute to your Web site or blog.

6.  Use Technology: Content is not enough to attract readers. Use video,slide shows, power point presentation and other multimedia to create dynamic content.

#14 Jay Wessman

Jay Wessman

• posts 29

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

I don't know if this counts because YouTube is owned by Google but outside of SEO my second favorite traffic source is YouTube.

Here's a few reasons why:

• It's relatively easy to rank in YouTube (well at least compared to Google) and because most people can't be bothered to make videos you have far less competition for the keywords you are trying to target.
    • It converts in credibly well. I good video whether it be a product review or a walkthrough of some service can convert much better than an article if it's done well.
    • YouTube is growing and every year video consumption is going up as people get faster connections and more devices (iPads, smartphones etc) to watch YouTube videos on.
    • And... the traffic is free!

#15 pahosa

pahosa

• posts 74
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Great suggestions, I would like to emphasize though that when driving traffic before anything else, listen to your visitors, and engage in your community. This is so you can create engaging content for your visitors. When you have that content published never forget to share it.

Read Our PRMarketer Blog - For PR Tips and Latest Trends
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hands Free Press Release Service. Click Here For Current Promotion For TP Members!

#16 chrisrempel

chrisrempel

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 219
    • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

I view content marketing, social, and even to some extent SEO as back-end traffic strategies. They're in the same category, for me, as email marketing. Very effective and profitable... but that's not how to drive initial influx.

For that, I heavily rely on media-buying & advertising in general. 

Because it's something I can control, and scale to any level once a campaign is profitable or at least self-liquidating. This includes display (GDN), FB ads, PPC, direct placements, and so on.

Sometimes people fail to realize a simple truth: Traffic isn't the problem. You can go out an buy all the traffic you'll ever need - it's literally unlimited.

So the key is to get your aEPC's up so that you're simply making 2X+ on every dollar you spend.

That is the biggest "traffic secret", ever. Learn to monetize & optimize, and traffic will be as mundane a detail as registering a domain.

Most people will read this and then instantly forget it, and go back to scouring the WSO forum, looking for that elusive new "tactic" for driving brute-force traffic, free or cheap.

They don't realize that their pursuit of "cheap and free" is a complete waste of time, and an endless roller-coaster. Those things are gravy.

And if you're in a market where you HAVE to rely on SEO or otherwise organic, due to the slim profit margins (average LTV's)... then you're selling the wrong thing. Get out of it.

(SEO is, IMO, best-suited to lead-gen for local clients, or otherwise NON-affiliate markets.)

Anyway... that's the "best" way to drive traffic: Get your average visitor value to double your average CPC.

That's it.

-Chris

PosiRank.com :: The Ultimate SEO Platform - What if you could roll out a full-service, world-class SEO campaign in 90 seconds? And what if managing 1,000 clients (or quality affiliate sites) was no harder than managing 10?

Check it out, and prepare to lose sleep...

#17 Steve Waller

Steve Waller

• posts 17

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

This idea only works if you have an angle - you know, something unique about your company/service/blog etc.

But, if you do have an angle, then getting press exposure is THE way to get massive traffic. I can think of a British family who chose to try and only buy British products for a year. Soon after they started their blog they got featured in the local news and then a few days later they got national coverage on the BBC, Sky, Guardian, Telegraph etc. I Tweeted at them that day to ask how much traffic they were getting.Here was their response:

21l5x79.jpg

Bear in mind that it was only 5pm local time and they had already received nearly 50,000 hits. Not to mention some amazing backlinks to their blog.

The difficulty is in coming up with this angle in the first place. You need to think outside the box, jump on news stories/trends and yes you do require a bit of luck too.

#18 Inal1951

Inal1951

• posts 42

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

For me, youtube and social media. I am also getting significant amount of traffic from Yahoo Answers.

#19 horheu

horheu

• posts 22
    • LocationBraila, Romania

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

Apart from the sites that get their traffic from Google, I have a site where I share each post on Facebook through a plugin (WP Syndicator, if I remember well) and it has a pretty active community there. A couple of posts per day is enough to keep people interested.

Web20outsourcing.com - Web 2.0 Backlinks - One-Time Submissions, Drip Feed Links (monthly subscriptions)

#20 Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

• posts 47
    • LocationManchester

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

best methods to drive is to get some blog posts done on some good high page and domain authority website i am not telling about those web2.0 blog posts i am telling about guest posts which are paid they have good PR too.