• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • How To Find Content Writers For Less Than $3 Per Article

• Please log in to reply
    22 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud Income

Cloud Income

• posts 77
    • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I see many people struggling with both outsourcing and content creation for their niche sites and private blog networks. Either because of cost, or they simply don't know where to go to get quality content.

I have been outsourcing my content for the past few years and have created a guide on my blog - How To Find Awesome Content Writers For Less Than $3 Per Article

In this guide, I reveal how you can find great content writers less than $3 per 500 words, including my job description templates how I manage my team.

What You Will Learn

• The Exact templates I use to get quality applicants
    • Three tips to save you hours of time
    • How to work with and manage your VA
    • How to outsource tasks to an All-Round VA for just $1 per hour

If you have any questions, let me know.

- Lewis :)

My Internet Marketing and SEO blog - Cloud Income

#2 MadeofSEO

MadeofSEO

• posts 8

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the article, I have enjoyed reading it  :)

#3 Cloud Income

Cloud Income

• posts 77
    • LocationUK

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Glad you liked it man, i tried to cover as much as possible. I am thinking of adding a section on general hiring too, developers and standard VA' etc

#4 EricDavis

EricDavis

• posts 5

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

You are doing such a good job, your hardwork for creting this site will realy help others to get content writters, I've gone through the link and learn about your team management skill that was really inspirational one.

#5 Cloud Income

Cloud Income

• posts 77
    • LocationUK

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

You are doing such a good job, your hardwork for creting this site will realy help others to get content writters, I've gone through the link and learn about your team management skill that was really inspirational one.

Glad I could help, if you have any questions let me know

#6 Cloud Income

Cloud Income

• posts 77
    • LocationUK

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Guys - I have just released my 2nd post in the outsourcing series - How to Save Time and Money With Offshore Developers

Pretty much the same deal as the last post, however this time coving the finding, hiring and managing of offshore developers to design and build your web projects.

Let me know what you think.

- Lewis :)

#7 back2form

back2form

• Banned
    • posts 20

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

Really a nice article on "  How to Save Time and Money With Offshore Developers ". You have figured out and explained some simple and powerful steps for shortlisting the applicants and also maintaining the relationship with them. Its really proving to be a good guide for me as i am doing SEO business. I need many content writers to fulfill my requirements and your method is what i expected to learn from this forum. 

#8 Cloud Income

Cloud Income

• posts 77
    • LocationUK

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Really a nice article on "  How to Save Time and Money With Offshore Developers ". You have figured out and explained some simple and powerful steps for shortlisting the applicants and also maintaining the relationship with them. Its really proving to be a good guide for me as i am doing SEO business. I need many content writers to fulfill my requirements and your method is what i expected to learn from this forum. 

Glad I could help, let me know if there is anything I missed that you need help with.

#9 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

• posts 7

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

I'm seriously going to check this out. I'm in desperate need of a VA and some writers. Thanks for the link! :)

#10 Cloud Income

Cloud Income

• posts 77
    • LocationUK

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm seriously going to check this out. I'm in desperate need of a VA and some writers. Thanks for the link! :)

Good luck, let me know if you need any help bud

#11 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

• posts 7

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Will do, buddy. :)

#12 The Write Brothers

The Write Brothers

• posts 35

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Great post! The article you posted was very in-depth and dealt with every issue. Anyone who has ever tried to outsource work will know that outsourcing is not a piece of cake. While outsourcing should make the job easier, if done wrong it can lead you into a bit of mess. However, there are some differences that I do need to point out. There are three different categories of writers present on outsourcing sites such as freelancer, Odesk or elance:

1- The non-natives. 

2- The "$3-$4/500 word" native writers.

3- The high-paid writers.

The article you have written applies to category one and two but not to category three. Most of the writers in category three have an established client base and a very well maintained portfolio. They are generally reluctant to write sample articles but are more than willing to show you previous samples.

However, I am only talking about writers while your post discusses about both writers and virtual assistants. I have bookmarked your thread since there is a lot of useful advice here and I look forward to more articles from you soon.

The Write Brothers

Journalist, Doctor and Lawyer writing quality content for pennies

#13 Inal1951

Inal1951

• posts 42

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

hmm.. I didn't know you can still find quality article for only $3.

I've used iwriter and the quality sucks!

#14 iPresence Biz Solutions

iPresence Biz Solutions

• posts 3

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

I still believe that you get what you paid for.

Even two doctors do not charge the same professional fee because the other one is better than the other.

When we write your articles, product descriptions, product reviews, web contents reports and e-books, we only have one goal in mind.
    That is to make your readers say, "
    Damn, why did I just come across this only now?"

#15 The Write Brothers

The Write Brothers

• posts 35

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

hmm.. I didn't know you can still find quality article for only $3.

I've used iwriter and the quality sucks!

I agree. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys which is why you will that see most writers who charge $3/500 words are always out in the market hunting for new jobs. Clients who hire these writers mostly have a vague idea, at best, about what they are actually supposed to do with the content let alone how to make it profitable. This translates into a short term job which means that the writer has to go looking for another job, AGAIN.

In the rare case that the writer is actually good AND the job is long term, the writer will eventually burn out and leave writing altogether or move on to a better pricing. The $3/500 word rate is simply not worth it no matter how long term and regular the job actually is. This business model is simple not stable or profitable in the long run.

The Write Brothers

#16 pahosa

pahosa

• posts 74
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

I think its hard to find a good well written content for $3 nowadays. Every businessman, SEO professionals, marketers are on the lookout for good content writers and simply doesn't have the time to proofread and edit each 300 word article. Going for those writers that can really put out great content will eventually be a better investment.

Read Our PRMarketer Blog - For PR Tips and Latest Trends
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hands Free Press Release Service. Click Here For Current Promotion For TP Members!

#17 The Write Brothers

The Write Brothers

• posts 35

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

I think its hard to find a good well written content for $3 nowadays. Every businessman, SEO professionals, marketers are on the lookout for good content writers and simply doesn't have the time to proofread and edit each 300 word article. Going for those writers that can really put out great content will eventually be a better investment.

Apart from being a waste of the client's time, it's a waste of his money as well. If the content is not engaging and people don't love reading it then who is it meant for anyway?

The Write Brothers

#18 bandorsson

bandorsson

• posts 7

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

I don't think now-a-days any good writer take this job seriously for just 3 USD - NOT AT LEAST ANY NATIVE CONTENT WRITERS.

#19 Cloud Income

Cloud Income

• posts 77
    • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I don't think now-a-days any good writer take this job seriously for just 3 USD - NOT AT LEAST ANY NATIVE CONTENT WRITERS.

Indeed times are changing, perhaps I should revisit the article and rename to under $5 as that seems to be the going rate nowadays, (£1 per 100 words) for native content writers.

I have seen a definite shift in the prices being charged since the turn of the year, especially after oDesk and Elance announced their merger. I feel eLance offers better quality and therefore high process, but you do get what you pay for.

For web 2.0's I would say the $3 /article route is still viable, however for top tier 1's and PBN's I will only go for the $1 per 100 words minimum, and yes you can get some great writers for that price.

Interestingly it seems that oDesk are 'testing' a few things, such as having a minimum hourly rate that you can offer. So for a VA asking for $2 /hour, you can only offer a minimum of $4 /hour. This is not rolled out but I know someone with an account they are testing this on and it's crazy!

Perhaps trying to bring themselves in line with eLance?

#20 Michel Kook

Michel Kook

• posts 41

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

Yeah.. I saw your blog post. Here you just talk with oDesk. Can you please tell me in oDesk can i  found good writter for my health blog ?

To Get Your Main Focus About Offline Marketing Keywords.

OfflineMarketingZone.com