• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: AUG. 21 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 SmartVideo Upgrade - Templates VideoRemix $67.00
    2 Promoyze Commercial Andrew Darius - Explaindio LLC $37.00
    3 Fast Traffic Bot Eric Holmlund $20.03
    4 Builderall Internet Marketing Platform - Special Promo e-Business4us INC $47.90
    5 Personal Satisfaction PLR: Living Life on Your Own Terms (FE 20 Articles) Tiffany Lambert $7.00
    6 Viddyoze Template Club Viddyoze $37.00
    7 SyndRanker: Link Indexer Neil Napier $17.00
    8 SociOffer - Elite Daniel Adetunji $37.00
    9 Earn Extra Christmas Cash Using the FB Marketplace (PLR Limited to 50 Buyers) Tiffany Lambert $12.00
    10 Lead Magnet Power Pack Special Offer Promote Labs Inc $7.54
    11 Kindle Keyword and Self Publishing Software David Chesson $97.00

Hummingbird - Anyone Been Bitten?

• Please log in to reply
    13 replies to this topic

#1 MsLilyPonds

MsLilyPonds

• posts 58

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

I am sure there is a discussion on this already but search is returning nothing.  Feel free to delete if there is.

So, Hummingbird? I haven't seen any unexpected changes in traffic in any of my clients for the last month.  Has anyone? I'm interested to see how we need to change things to accommodate this new update.

I am venturing (and I have zero confidence in my opinions):

New focus on LSI keywords

New focus on natural language in copy

Longer chain keywords (or lack of actual keywords) being more valuable

In line with the announcements about the shift to page level keywording, big sites, with lots of specific pages about specific things focused on related keyword clusters are going to be the winners?

And my wishful thinkings:

Possible renewed value in forum and blog comments (surely if it's all about "every man" enquiries, that is the forum for "every man")

Use of links that contain anchor text like "where can I get a pizza after 10pm" being of value

I am a novice amongst the Traffic Planet Masters - would love your opinions!

#2 Shazbot

Shazbot

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 123

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

"Use of links that contain anchor text like "where can I get a pizza after 10pm" being of value"

Been doing question-based sites targeting long tails like this for a couple of years. They were always a great way to make inroads into the SERPs and it looks like Google just gave the Gold Seal with this hummingbird update. Still requires good links to overcome the Yahoo answers type of crud and also requires decent content within your site's "answers" to get some traction to the site and to convert the questioners into sales/clickthroughs. I'm not so sure that anchors of this length are part of the equation though. I've tried longtail question anchors and although they didn't harm, trad shorter keyword anchors and mix of anchors including barebones urls and "Branded" anchors still seem the way to go. I'm not convinced that Penguin won't still kick your ass if you try to target these kinds of exact anchors too heavily. Hummingbird might seem a new update but it's just par for the course in terms of the SEO that we know works for now.

#3 himanuzo

himanuzo

• posts 34
    • LocationAsia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

I don't see any change from the Hummingbird update. This update has been on the Google's search engine since a month ago but Google recently announced it 2-3 days ago.

I am still learning it for keeping traffic from Google.

FREE REPORT: Hot Trend -> Earning US$1,109.62 In 3 Days

#4 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

All quiet here on loads of rankings - perhaps should be renamed ho-hummingbird?

#5 MsLilyPonds

MsLilyPonds

• posts 58

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Someone else I saw suggested it should be called mockingbird ;)

#6 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,013
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

While this may open up the door to targeting more long tailed keywords my guess is that most of the effects are going to be on the non-commercial keywords that few of us are targeting. 

The long tails that include buy, review, cost, price, etc are already getting targeted pretty hard and I am not seeing a huge difference in those so from a commercial "buying" keywords standpoint I am not seeing any big difference.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#7 daseodude

daseodude

• posts 25

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Actually I heard that the update rolled out about a month ago, but was just announced now.. As for my rankings, they are still doing as great as before so I like this hummingbird :)

#8 Man101

Man101

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 152

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

Seen a drop in all my rankings and a load less traffic. Plus almost a third of all searches that lead up to my sites show up as "encrypted". These are some of the changes that I am noticing, although whether it is because of hummingbird or a recent "manual actions" notice that I got in GWT I don't know....

#9 StarkReality

StarkReality

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 162
    • LocationOwning the site that ranks above yours

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Seen a drop in all my rankings and a load less traffic. Plus almost a third of all searches that lead up to my sites show up as "encrypted". These are some of the changes that I am noticing, although whether it is because of hummingbird or a recent "manual actions" notice that I got in GWT I don't know....

The encrypted searches are increasing at the moment, seeing as much as 90% for some sites. Your drop in rankings is certainly related to the manual penalty and not to hummingbird.

#10 Initial Effort

Initial Effort

Top Member

• Active Seller
    • posts 1,516

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Nothing noticeable.

Shockingly Effective SEO Services: SE Slingshot

#11 macseotips

macseotips

• posts 72
    • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Interesting timing as Google drastically cuts passed keyword data AND simultaneously starts favoring more 'Knowledge Navigator' Q&A-style query structures. I'd have to say across dozens of sites: The remaining unencrypted Google keyword data that squeaks through DOES seem to be trending towards elongating out to 4-5-6 word query phrasing from my observations in the past week or two. (Of note: In StatCounter these Google keywords are showing up as REDIRECTED queries normally from several pages further down in SERPS but dynamically floated onto Page 1 to get the click that fulfilled the searchers intent...)

I once had a tech blog I couldn't get traction with until I started changing the STYLE of posts -- the content responding to Titles That Asked Questions. Maybe it's time to shift towards that approach again: Answer Questions rather than make Imperative Statements to semantically correspond to the type of content Google seems to be favoring...?

This might also change the way one might want to anchor some external links to be more like: "{Who|What|Where|When|Why|How} To {Shop For|Purchase|Buy|Evaluate|Compare} {Service|Product} {X|Y|Z}"

Glenn D. Bearsky

Apple Geek - Marketing Freek

#12 SEOHelpz

SEOHelpz

• posts 541

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

Did they really rolled out any major update as they claimed ??  I think its a pure business gimmick ...

Have you checked our Trinity Pack - It has social signals, knowem kinda links, WEB 2, PR links and more ...
    Now you can make upto $20/per order by promoting it ? PM me.

#13 VukasinI

VukasinI

• Advanced Member
    • posts 100
    • LocationNovi Sad, Serbia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

I wasn't hit with the new search algorith update and I really think that there is no anything special with this update. It still all stays perfectly the same. Create quality content and spread it across social networks. The basics are same, minor updates are something that we shouldn't worry about. 

Marketing Fist- The Biggest Marketing Magazine and Blog on the planet. All around tips!

#14 mad-caz

mad-caz

• posts 5

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hummingbirds dont bite. Just sayin