• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Godaddy issue

• Please log in to reply
    12 replies to this topic

#1 lovewebbers

lovewebbers

• posts 5

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

I've had Godaddy for like 8 years now and am afraid to change hosting companies but there is an issue here.

Some of the servers are down at Godaddy and it's been effecting my websites for two weeks now and they say they can't do anything about it but wait.

Can anyone recommend me a better hosting company? I have no clue where to go but want someone who is reliable.

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,247
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

I've had Godaddy for like 8 years now and am afraid to change hosting companies but there is an issue here.

Some of the servers are down at Godaddy and it's been effecting my websites for two weeks now and they say they can't do anything about it but wait.

Can anyone recommend me a better hosting company? I have no clue where to go but want someone who is reliable.

Pretty much anybody is better than Godaddy, I will not even work on sites that are hosted there, just way too much trouble. How many sites are you talking about? Just a couple or do you have a lot of them? Are you looking for shared hosting, a vps, a dedicated box?

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 lovewebbers

lovewebbers

• posts 5

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hello Richard,

I have about 18 sites there already. Well, I mostly flip sites and sell them so it's not an issue for me. I'll end up selling them all within the next few months and moving onto another hosting. I think it's about time now.

Not really looking for shared hosting, vps, or anything like that. Just want to join a hosting company that is EASY to use in terms of navigation. This is the most important thing for me. Also, preferably a hosting that has one click install for Wordpress as I always use Wordpress.

#4 Brian Lett

Brian Lett

• posts 23
    • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I can highly recommend a company out of New Jersey called "Hosting Source". I have had a dedicated server with them for three and a half years and they are BY FAR the best host that I have ever used, and I have used quite a few.

When you call, you actually will often speak to Ron, the owner. They don't put you on hold or keep you waiting. You get an immediate response.

When I migrated from BlueHost, Ron showed me how to request a backup ZIP file all of the files on BlueHost, and then took the back up and set it up for me with Hosting Source. I cannot say enough great things about this company. I am an extremely happy customer :)

Earn $7,500+ monthly by becoming an SOSComplete Internet Marketing Reseller

#5 kpmedia

kpmedia

• posts 5

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Godaddy is a really lousy company. As someone else said, pretty much anybody is better.

Never use:

- Godaddy

- 1&1

- Yahoo

- the 50+ EIG brands, such as Hostgator, Bluehost, Justhost, iPage, Fatcow, and many more. Just a terrible company.

There's better hosts. A good Godaddy alternative is Site5 or Arvixe. There's also several excellent non-"unlimited" hosts to use. I post about this quite a bit over at webhostingtalk.com and warriorforum.com. The first site can help you find better hosts.

Edited by kpmedia, 20 August 2013 - 11:53 PM.

Hello!

#6 ZyreMedia

ZyreMedia

• posts 23
    • LocationNYC & Prague

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

I highly recommend Hostgator. they are good.

#7 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

Traffic Planet Hosting:

https://trafficplanethosting.com/

If you get much traffic, cheap services slow down to a crawl for all your visitors:

http://trafficplanet.com/index.php?/topic/7971-why-you-should-never-ever-use-these-hosting-companies-for-money-sites-part-1/

#8 grim111

grim111

• posts 55

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

Godaddy is a worst hosting ever, my site was hosted there for 4 years and one day started to acting weird, I contacted support and they started to blame my code issues even though it was fine for 4 years, later they told me to change to newer "web hosting", which we did without any positive changes to my site. I spent hours with support and no luck on any help from them. Luckily in a week time they make some adjustments on the server and site went back to normal. I work with at least 5 hostings and this one is the worst one. Specially when even cheapest hosting have cPanel but on GD you have to pay extra to get it. So crappiest hosting ever.

Hostgator is the one I like though.

Edited by grim111, 08 September 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#9 proxynvpn

proxynvpn

• Active Seller
    • posts 32

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I remember having problems with GoDaddy a while back now with down time all the time and their customer support being awful. I have found that HawkHost is a better alternative for me, very little down time if any and they have great customer support.

#10 seoventure

seoventure

• posts 12

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

Obviously, we having many quality providers other than godaddy. 

Hostgator is just popular one like wise ipage.com, asmallorange.com, bluehost.com are good supporting.

Above mentioned sites are not cheap. If you need some cheap service provider's list, then ping me here. 

#11 Jollyman

Jollyman

• posts 87

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I recommend the following hostings, they are good in their own way. I have been maintaining my PBN sites and i always diversify my hosting.

Check these out:

hostripples.com/
    mytruehost.com/
    www.hosttop.com/
    www.hostica.com/

If you need anymore hosting companies, let me know.

#12 Colly75

Colly75

• posts 7

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

There are so many places you can hosts sites these days and the possibility of some sort of downtime can be unavoidable at times. A 90% plus uptime rate is awesome but no one can truly promise you 100% uptime. Hostgator is pretty good and if you go do a web search you will see tons of them, just do the homework when choosing a hosting service.

#13 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

Traffic Planet Hosting:

https://trafficplanethosting.com/