• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: OCT. 19 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 PLRXtreme: Expert Content Videos Edmund Loh $8.23
    2 Success Habits Pro Francis X Watson $19.70
    3 2017 Converted Notes Tim Castleman $17.00
    4 Promoyze Club Explaindio LLC $37.00
    5 Quotamator PRO - 1 Click Automated Traffic-Getting Software Brett Ingram and Mo Latif $34.95
    6 Viddyoze TC Viddyoze $37.00
    7 [PLR] Pushing Through To Success ~BetterPLR- Shelley & Jeremiah $8.08
    8 SmartVideo Upgrade - Templates (OTO1) VideoRemix $67.00
    9 [New High Quality] Chronic Stress Management 300+ Piece PLR Pack JR Lang $20.00
    10 Amazon OA Sourcing VA Monthly Plan Bookable VA £99.00

Ecommerce Content Duplicate

• Please log in to reply
    18 replies to this topic

#1 Frantisek

Frantisek

• posts 38

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hello,

I am planning to launch another ecommerce site however the descriptions of products are so specific it's hell difficult to paraphrase them. Is there a way to tag the descriptions for Google and tell him THIS IS DUPLICATE because it's a product description page ?

How do you solve this issue ?

#2 Frantisek

Frantisek

• posts 38

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

I just thought of hiding the text behind javascript so it's encoded in html source but the user will see the output text correctly. What do you think of this solution?

#3 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,352
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

I just thought of hiding the text behind javascript so it's encoded in html source but the user will see the output text correctly. What do you think of this solution?

If you are talking about cloaking your content so your visitors and the bots see two different things then that is against Google's guidelines and if they catch you they will deindex your site.

Not sure I understand the duplication problem, what are your pages duplicates of? Each other? Another site?

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#4 Frantisek

Frantisek

• posts 38

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

My products' descriptions (in product pages) would be from my supplier and they also have eshop with same descriptions on their website. So it's on another site. So I wonder If there is any way to tell google it's duplicate and I AM SORRY :D

#5 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,352
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

My products' descriptions (in product pages) would be from my supplier and they also have eshop with same descriptions on their website. So it's on another site. So I wonder If there is any way to tell google it's duplicate and I AM SORRY :D

You either have unique content or you do not. There is nothing you can say to Google that is going to make a difference or make them ignore that fact.

While I would try to modify the content if you can it is not something that I would lose any serious sleep over. The easiest thing to do is add additional content to the pages if you can.

What you really want to make sure you do is not get the same exact pages indexed on your site which happens a lot with shopping carts if you are not careful as Google will index via all the available paths to a page if you do not setup your site properly.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#6 Frantisek

Frantisek

• posts 38

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hello Richard,

Thanks for tips. I am reallz interested in this part of indexing duplicates. How can that happen ? Never heard of it.

What you really want to make sure you do is not get the same exact pages indexed on your site which happens a lot with shopping carts if you are not careful as Google will index via all the available paths to a page if you do not setup your site properly.

#7 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,352
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hello Richard,

Thanks for tips. I am reallz interested in this part of indexing duplicates. How can that happen ? Never heard of it.

Because you can have more than one url for the same page. Shopping carts generally want to make it easy for customers to find what they are looking for so there are usually multiple paths to each product.

So you may end up with

/catagory/productpage

/productpage

/specials/productpage

as paths to your product page and unless you tell Google otherwise it usually treats them all as separate pages with duplicate content.

All My Forum Topics

#8 MattW

MattW

Elite Senior Member

• Elite Senior Member
    • posts 1,545
    • LocationUK

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi,

Sounds like your just building the average run of the mill boring ecommerce store. Home page, categories that list duplicate content linking to duplicate content and finally the duplicate content itself on the product pages.

Ecommerce stores setup in this manner - even ones that use unique product descriptions are going to die this year.

They often add little to no value and for the most part don't deserve to rank regardless of links.

Would you open up a retail business with half the shelves still being fitted? Don't take shortcuts when it comes to build a fantastic ecommerce experience - you'll pay the price if you do.

#9 Frantisek

Frantisek

• posts 38

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ecommerce stores setup in this manner - even ones that use unique product descriptions are going to die this year.

Even ones that use unique product descriptions? How come ? Should I just add blog and tons of articles then, videos, images and such?

#10 charto911

charto911

• posts 65

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

you can add reviews to each and every page. Also you can go ahead and add a spin factor to the descriptions if your losing sleep over the duplication

For ORM Fast Help PM me to learn more about how I can help you out with all of your Reputation Management needs.
    For Soccer tips from punters: CoopersPicks.co.uk

#11 Schockergd

Schockergd

• posts 21

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

I believe google understands that Ecomm sites utilize duplicate content quite often and do not penalize the site.

#12 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,352
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

I believe google understands that Ecomm sites utilize duplicate content quite often and do not penalize the site.

It is not so much a matter of being penalized but a matter of giving Google a reason to rank you higher. If you have a lot of duplicate content what reason does Google have to give your pages more weight?

All My Forum Topics

#13 ksetu

ksetu

• posts 33

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

If the page has more content which differentiates it from your manufactures/supplier site - then that's should be good enough to make the page unique. It's not about just a part of the page being duplicate - only when majority of it is similar - then it creates problem. Try adding some videos/images/reviews to the page[you can curate it too from various sources] - and it should be perfectly unique.

And when it comes to reaching same page from different paths - you can tackle them by using "canonical" elements. Just put them on all product pages - or on any page which can have more than 1 entry point - and you should be good.

Want to Setup your own SEO Business anywhere in world - which makes $5000/m & above? Opt for my seo franchisee & I'll get everything setup for you in "next 30 days" - Check out my seo franchisee option.

#14 Mogaz Alber

Mogaz Alber

• Advanced Member
    • posts 37

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

yeah if you want to promote a product separately , it is against the policy to have duplicate content

#15 magento_v

magento_v

• Banned
    • posts 3

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

Does having duplicate descriptions hurt rankings? 

#16 weavingthoughts

weavingthoughts

• posts 36
    • LocationNew Delhi

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Duplicate content may not matter that much if your primary source of traffic is PPC. But for SEO rankings fresh content is likely to help. Also, a customer won't appreciate duplicate content and that could affect your conversions.

I wouldn't recommend it and definitely not for seo purposes. But it is unlikely to get your website de indexed unless you use clocking or some other shady technique as well.

Thank You

Aakshey

#17 Aaronjacobson

Aaronjacobson

• posts 14
    • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:14 AM

Use the canonical URL to solve the problem of duplication

Sr. Application Developer - Java outsourcing

#18 LaceyTaylor 007

LaceyTaylor 007

• posts 34

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

While having duplicate content and urls is common with ecommerce sites it is fairly easy to fix. 

For your content vs other sites if you are selling products sold by other retailers you need to go to the trouble of rewriting the content vs just copying and pasting it from the wholesaler. Adding reviews, additional images, and videos helps as well. 

To make sure the multiple paths to your pages does not end up with you having the same pages getting counted as multiple let Google know which ones you want to index by using cannoicals and making sure your site map only includes the pages you want to index. 

It does take some work but it is not really that hard. 

#19 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,352
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

I have created the eCommerce master thread with links to all the useful eCommerce threads.

You can find it at: https://trafficplanet.com/topic/11636-the-master-list-of-ecommerce-threads/

All My Forum Topics