• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: AUG. 22 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 SmartVideo Upgrade - Templates VideoRemix $67.00
    2 Fast Traffic Bot Eric Holmlund $20.03
    3 YT Affiliate Formula Ivana Bosnjak $13.65
    4 SyndRanker: Link Indexer Neil Napier $17.00
    5 Pixa Logo - 200 Brand New Logo Ultimate Bundle Adhitya tri Arifianto $19.00
    6 LetClicks Elite Team LetX $9.99
    7 LinkedIn Marketing 3.0 Biz in a Box Monster PLR Dr. Amit Pareek $9.95
    8 Viddyoze Template Club Viddyoze $37.00
    9 [PLR] Productivity Mastery Wealthy PLR $17.89
    10 Affiliazon DFY Monthly Niche Pack Kurt Chrisler $27.00
    11 Kindle Keyword and Self Publishing Software David Chesson $97.00

My Big 2013 Live Google-Less Traffic Generation Experiment

• Please log in to reply
    145 replies to this topic

#21 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

hell yeah! Sounds like a worthy case study. Because the dating niche is notoriously difficult it might be helpful if you run the same exact set of criteria on multiple niches, at the same time. Yes it would have to be extremely epic, but would be easier to tell if you found a system vs what works in one specific niche. Either way kudos my good sir, and look forward to the results.

Thanks Matthew. My last big experiment in 2009 was in the Yeast Infection niche so this is an improvement!

#22 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Would be great if you add Stumbleupon and pinterest.

Also, if you could test traffic coming from some suggestion engines such as outbrain.com it would also be great. 

Am looking at those Dave - haven't toyed with outbrain.com yet but looking forward to that.

As you've probably gathered, my own traffic generation methodology has been too Google SEO-reliant for too long so looking forward to going cold turkey on it for this experiment.

#23 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Good luck Terry! 

Other possible non-Google traffic generators: Yahoo groups, Article Directories(e.g. "Meeting Single Men" article on Ezinearticles was viewed  2,367 times) and Microblogging sites. I will add more as they come to my mind :)

Cool.

It's a pity that Ezine now hide their view stats for articles - I used to have a great search string for Google to sort most viewed there but sadly doesn't work any longer. 

Back to mixrank.com to find those winning angles...

#24 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Terry,

Will follow this with interest. I remember the excellent 60-day Live Experiment on WF quite well. A couple comments on this new experiment:

1.  Will the emphasis be mainly on bulk traffic or conversion?  
    2.  Will you provide info on bounce rate, pageviews per visit and time-on-site for each non-Goolge traffic generator?
    3.  As mentioned by others I would also like to see some form of social media component to the experiment - FB, Twitter, Pinterest, (Google+ ??); others?

At the end will you provide some info on KWs targeted and how rankings changed?  Maybe not the actual KWs but just use placeholders for each KW such as KW1, KW2, etc. and indicate a ranking range (1-3, 11-14, 51-55, etc.) over time and monthly exact searches per KW. It would be useful to see how the non-Google traffic generators end up influencing KW ranking.

Looking forward to following your work.

Thanks Mike, I'll do my best to provide as much info as possible without revealing the site/content - at least until the end when all will be revealed.

I'm probably personally a little antagonistic to the trashiness of social media but I'll have to get over myself on that issue.

#25 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

The next stage has 3 elements:

[1] Choose the domain/branding name (got it down to three possibles at the moment).

[2] Produce the actual course which will be 7-8 long training videos on what I consider as the most serious issues that single guys face (i.e. deprogramming a whole lotta Hollywood/society BS).

For this, I'll be using Kajabi as my delivery platform (nothing new there) and recording my Powerpoint 2013 presentations on Camtasia 7 for Windows + AWeber for list management & my 'beloved' PayPal for payment processing (possibly with the addition of ejunkie if I choose to opt for affiliate recruitment).

On the AWeber front, I will probably have to create a new account there as they don't seem to allow different aliases for different lists within the same AW account but I'll double check that with AW support and report back.

[2] Sequence the traffic generation timetable e.g. what new vehicle will be tested each week or so, for the experiment.

#26 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Still figuring out possible upsells that aren't too labour-intensive to create or manage (e.g. Skype coaching is out).

Open to good suggestions!

#27 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 280

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Terry, the big TV show in the U.S. is The Bachelor. Just type that into Google to find the site. It's on ABC and it is in every tabloid in every grocery store checkout lane. Hopefully that helps.

#28 Byrt

Byrt

• posts 1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Terry

Thanks for being the "organic-traffic guinea pig" for us :)

I love the 5 "non-Google traffic generators" areas your are experimenting in.  However, I wouldn't mind - in a version 2 - seeing a variation of the 5 sources in the future i.e. 'Pinterest' and 'Solo Ads' (if this counts as a source).  My reason for saying that is that I have rarely fared well with Press Releases - perhaps its more about me than PR - and as mentioned, the other area I would like to see you experiment are 'Solo Ads' if they fit in your criteria as non-Google.  

The other thing; when it comes to NON-Google traffic I wonder how much influence the big G has over YouTube (even though its huge source for traffic).  I could be way out of the ballpark in my assumptions.  Just responding from your email.

Looking forward to see how you go over the coming months Terry.  I have a feeling you are going to do well.

Byrt

Sydney AUS

#29 Manuel

Manuel

• posts 14

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

I second the Stumbleupon inclusion, Terry. Tim Anderson of Marginal Boundaries, who's into the location independent niche told me about the success he's experienced using SU in one of our talks while in Mexico. I didn't press on how he did it because of time constraint but I'll definitely ask about it when our business plans go through. He also lived in Bulgaria for a few years and he's got nothing but good words about the country. You're living in Bulgaria now, right?

Manuel

#30 macseotips

macseotips

• posts 72
    • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'd definitely think way beyond YouTube for any videos you produce. PixelPipe seems closed to new users, TubeMogul's OneLoad might be an alternative for 'upload once, video everywhere' distribution. Live site links prefacing the video description are quite powerful for direct traffic generation over the LONG HAUL.

I think that's one of the biggest challenges we face: The internet's become so 'Fresh' oriented and temporal that many great links don't have nearly the staying-power they used to. Stuff gets buried, aged, flushed with an alarming, accelerated pace. So I foresee the need to stage an initial roll-out, but also have a well thought-out PACE of continued pressure. (i.e. steady press releases, new videos, etc. that just doesn't let up.)

Glenn D. Bearsky

Apple Geek - Marketing Freek

#31 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thanks Mac - and that certainly elevates the cost/time involved in cutting through the noise. I thought of a super-aggressive persona for this product (e.g. like Kelly Felix did with the Rich Jerk in IM years ago, hilarious stuff) BUT that niche is already full of obnoxious 'Tucker Max' types.

Interestingly, most of the busier forums in singles/dating/relationships don't allow sig links and few even have banner ads on them - surprising.

#32 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I second the Stumbleupon inclusion, Terry. Tim Anderson of Marginal Boundaries, who's into the location independent niche told me about the success he's experienced using SU in one of our talks while in Mexico. I didn't press on how he did it because of time constraint but I'll definitely ask about it when our business plans go through. He also lived in Bulgaria for a few years and he's got nothing but good words about the country. You're living in Bulgaria now, right?

Manuel

Thanks, appreciated.

Yes I do live in Bulgaria but right now I'm in London on SEO agency business and getting my Visa for Bulgaria sorted out.

#33 MattW

MattW

Elite Senior Member

• Elite Senior Member
    • posts 1,545
    • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Are you going to be posting the updates via sundayseo?

Sounds like its going to be a cracker!  Please document the entire process and get your hands dirty with some videos as you go, even if you dont release them now you might package them up into a product/autoresponder series etc at the end of it all.

Let me know if I can help/have any input along the way, you know where to find me ;)

Good luck terry and thanks for putting the effort into to create this for us all!

#34 Erica

Erica

• posts 1

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Would love to see:

1) Kindle platform (maybe more as a sales generator than a traffic
    generator)
    2) Media buys of pop-unders...you've probably seen that "10 million
    impressions" thing that was floating around...of course that sort of stuff
    is pretty much garbage, but can you get better results by buying pop-unders
    directly and advertising there for traffic? I'd love to see some *real*
    stats on that!

-Erica

#35 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Are you going to be posting the updates via sundayseo?

Sounds like its going to be a cracker!  Please document the entire process and get your hands dirty with some videos as you go, even if you dont release them now you might package them up into a product/autoresponder series etc at the end of it all.

Let me know if I can help/have any input along the way, you know where to find me ;)

Good luck terry and thanks for putting the effort into to create this for us all!

Thanks Matt, appreciated, and yes there will be videos on the way.

#36 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Would love to see:

generator)
    stats on that!

-Erica

I'll look at those options thanks Erica.

#37 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

I've now chosen my domain name, the logo has been made and I am working on the first 2 modules of 8 in the product itself.

At the moment, I'll run firstly with a Press Release campaign (probably webwire.com first) when the product/site is live but I'll set up unique tracking links for the press releases using yourls.org and the Google URL tool for better conversions tracking with Google Analytics.

When we get to that stage, I'll do videos on setting that up.

#38 TrafficTrader

TrafficTrader

• posts 21

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Terry...I am following this with great interest.

You mention in another thread that China now has more English speaking people than any other country.  Very interesting...do you have a source for that stat?

#39 TrafficTrader

TrafficTrader

• posts 21

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Would love to see:

generator)
    stats on that!

-Erica

I agree with Erica...any stats on digi ads would be interesting to see.  Both on costs as well as results.

#40 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

To clarify on the dating product that I'm currently creating for this experiment, I could have just grabbed some piece of PLR trash and used that as the main product (because this is just a traffic experiment right?) BUT I'm interested in actually building a decent new online business with a decent product and decent conversions.

For that reason, PLR is out and Product Creation is in.

Most of the product is written now (in Powerpoint) and this coming week, those will get turned into videos (with Camtasia 7), added to my Amazon S3 account and put into Kajabi.