TerryKyle

Newbie SEO Glossary

If experienced Traffic Planeteers could provide simple definitions for these terms below, I'll add them in to this post to build up a solid glossary for SEO newbies here.

Thanks in advance:

SEO Glossary

Backlink

Duplicate Content

Link Velocity

dofollow

nofollow

PageRank

On Page Optimization

Tiered Backlinking

Buffer Sites

Proxies

Keyword Density

Google Panda

Google Penguin

Contextual Backlinks

xRumer

SE Nukex

SEO Spyglass

Ahrefs.com

Majestic SEO

SEOQuake

Feel free to add other terms and definitions - this is a work in permanent progress.

Backlinks: A backlins can be basically defined as incoming link to a webpage(or website) from another webpage (or website).

Now backlink can be further categorized by many types like:

• internal backlink and external backlink
  • SEO friendly backlink or not SEO friendly backlink (or SEO unfriendly backlink)
  • dofolow or no follow backlink
  • etc etc etc.

Backlinks: A backlins can be basically defined as incoming link to a webpage(or website) from another webpage (or website).

Now backlink can be further categorized by many types like:

• internal backlink and external backlink
  • SEO friendly backlink or not SEO friendly backlink (or SEO unfriendly backlink)
  • dofolow or no follow backlink
  • etc etc etc.

Do you know if there are any services selling etc etc etc links?

Thanks. :)

Damn it I was literally going to publish something similar on my site this week ^^

What you should do Terry is once you have all this defined have the definitions display when people mouse over the words across the forum (was my plan anyway)

Damn it I was literally going to publish something similar on my site this week ^^

What you should do Terry is once you have all this defined have the definitions display when people mouse over the words across the forum (was my plan anyway)

You should still do it Matt - you probably have a bunch of newbie traffic from WF and, despite what we may think, the newbie lurkers far outnumber the experienced hombres.

Hope this helps, I also added off page optimization and SEM

Backlink- Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page

Duplicate Content- content that appears on more than one web page

Link Velocity- how quickly you gain backlinks

dofollow- tells the Search Engines to FOLLOW the destination inside the link

nofollow-a attribute to instruct some search engines that a hyperlink should not influence the link target's ranking in the search engine's index

PageRank-a numerical weight given to a site by Google, presumably to determine how good a site it

On Page Optimization- covers what can be done on the pages of the website itself, SEO wise

Off Page Optimization-covers anything done outside of the website, ex link building, social media and so forth

Tiered Backlinking- puts a buffer between your money site and spammy links

Buffer Sites-sites that are separate from your money site that you may use for linking purposes

Proxies- basically another computer which serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed

Keyword Density- refers to the amount of times a keyword phrase is found on your Web page

Google Panda- Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011

Google Penguin- Google algorithm update that was first announced on April 24, 2012

Contextual Backlinks-topic relevant one-way premium links

xRumer-blackhat search engine optimization program

SE Nukex- seo software service

SEO Spyglass-another tool to spy on your competitors backlinks

Ahrefs.com- largest index of live links and the best tool to spy on your competitors' keywords

Majestic SEO-Link intelligence tools used for SEO purposes

SEOQuake- useful Firefox extension that allows you to view a large number of SEO related parameters of the site that you are visiting

SEM-stands for search engine marketing and refers to marketing done via the search engines

Hello Terry,

Another term I think you should add to your glossary is "Conversion Funnel"

Conversion Funnel = the "journey" a consumer takes through a website in order to complete a conversion (buy a product for example)

this article is written by my own experience.

if you are a newbie in SEO then you have to read a lot about SEO, don't depend on a particular website to read or learn about SEO. learn from the various resource I have something

Please login or register to see this link.

for newbie SEO.this article is written by my own experience.

for SEO i suggest to read this article to know about the best Seo Strategies for beginners this will help all who need to rank his own SITE.