Sweely

Different IP's/c-classes for your blog network — a myth?

Basically: I'm looking to start my own blog network for SEO purposes. But getting a different IP (or a different c-class) for each domain is costly, and I'm afraid I don't have the budget for it. What's your take on this? Anyone with a blog network that has all the blogs hosted on the same IP?

Edited by Sweely

Basically: I'm looking to start my own blog network for SEO purposes. But getting a different IP (or a different c-class) for each domain is costly, and I'm afraid I don't have the budget for it. What's your take on this? Anyone with a blog network that has all the blogs hosted on the same IP?

Think about what you are trying to do with a blog network. You are trying to mimic your site getting a bunch of high PR links from a bunch of separate quality sites.

Now what are the chances that your site would just happen to naturally get links from 20 or 50 high PR sites that are all hosted on the same IP address? Zero....

We know that Google looks at the IP addresses that sites are on so we know they will notice and this is a much easier thing to filter than say "quality content" as there is really no judgement call to make.

More expensive to do? Yes. Worth doing correctly? Again yes......

If you can't afford hosting yet then you can get a similar affect to a blog network using third party Web 2.0 properties. It will lack the on-page SEO but it's a starting point.

Head over to Webhostingtalk forums and look for special deals. You should be able to set yourself up for 12 months of hosting quite cheaply and then you'll have the cash flow available to keep the service after the special offers end.

jsut consider people that have had blog networks set up on singular hosting. It is easier for google to take a look at the rest of the sites on the ip for similarities then to keep fishing. Last homepage backlink network i was on before i gave up on it had all his sites on 1 hosting account, all died same day.

I'm looking to start my own blog network for SEO purposes.

Awesome!

But getting a different IP (or a different c-class) for each domain is costly, and I'm afraid I don't have the budget for it.

Then stop thinking about this immediately. If you can't afford what, $10 / month / blog on average for hosting & IP then you should be worrying about making an income and not about making a blog network.