notnineteen4ever

Blog network hosting

Hi im looking to find some were to host my blog network im looking to set up..

im knew to this and not sure of the best place for hosting my websites, obv i dont want all of my domains on the same ip so i need a hosting that automatically assigns new websites/domains a new ip location..

anyways hope you guys understand and hopefully some one can point me in the right direction

thanks

Paul

If you use SEO Hosting, you will get diff IP's but they will undoubtedly be within the same IP range like:

You know what I mean?

You will need to use different hosting providers, best bet is to mix some shared hosting and SEO hosting plans

Steer clear of 'SEO Hosting' services and look at something like WebHostTalk offers forum and buy cheap shared hosting from as many different providers as possible.

Even if IP addresses are in different ranges but owned by the same host company, Google knows that.

Even if IP addresses are in different ranges but owned by the same host company, Google knows that.

Really? I'm using hostnine because you do get a variety of IP addresses, but you reckon that's not enough for network sites? :(

Really? I'm using hostnine because you do get a variety of IP addresses, but you reckon that's not enough for network sites? :(

Think about it this way, you are trying to mimic getting a bunch of different high PR links from unrelated sites. What are the chances of you getting 25 high PR sites linking to your site all from the same data center?

Now exactly how much Google knows and tracks is up in the air but the more diversity the better. For my PR network I have 100+ sites and I have them spread out over 6 countries, 15 data centers, and 28 different A class (the first number) IP's.

Do I "Need" to spread them out that much? Maybe not but I have not lost a site in long time and would like to keep it that way.

The tricky part is the data centers, you have to ask before you start hosting because a lot of companies are resellers sharing the same locations and you can end up in the same data center using the same block of IP's even though you are hosting with two different companies.

Richard, do u have a sep hosting plan for each domain?

No but I have a lot more of them than I used to, after I started hearing a few reports of Google deindexing some of the SEO hosting IP's I started moving away from them. I have around 40 for my PR network sites but I do have some overlap with plans for my spam networks and regular hosting. Hosting is by far my largest expense every month.

hey guys thanks for all the advice.. has anyone used aseohosting.com?

also ARVolund so what would you advice be if i had a small network of 10 sites? im just starting but im going to grow it to about 100 maybe more but that will be a gradual thing but at the minute im looking for something that would be the best for 10 sites? do you mean you have hosting from over 40 different providers? do you think 2 providers for a network of 10 will be ok?

i already have hostgator hosting do you think that will be ok for 1 site? this site is going to get turned into a money site..

Think about it this way, you are trying to mimic getting a bunch of different high PR links from unrelated sites. What are the chances of you getting 25 high PR sites linking to your site all from the same data center?

Now exactly how much Google knows and tracks is up in the air but the more diversity the better. For my PR network I have 100+ sites and I have them spread out over 6 countries, 15 data centers, and 28 different A class (the first number) IP's.

Do I "Need" to spread them out that much? Maybe not but I have not lost a site in long time and would like to keep it that way.

The tricky part is the data centers, you have to ask before you start hosting because a lot of companies are resellers sharing the same locations and you can end up in the same data center using the same block of IP's even though you are hosting with two different companies.

Thanks for the explanation, I had noticed that 2 of the hosting companies I'm currently using offer exactly the same choice of location, wondered if they were in fact the same.

So what should we ask before signing up (to avoid sounding like a total noob!) is it the physical location of their servers or ????

Have to confess I'm still a little cloudy on physical/virtual/server/data center stuff :blink:

hey guys thanks for all the advice.. has anyone used aseohosting.com?

also ARVolund so what would you advice be if i had a small network of 10 sites? im just starting but im going to grow it to about 100 maybe more but that will be a gradual thing but at the minute im looking for something that would be the best for 10 sites? do you mean you have hosting from over 40 different providers? do you think 2 providers for a network of 10 will be ok?

i already have hostgator hosting do you think that will be ok for 1 site? this site is going to get turned into a money site..

Sorry for hijacking your thread Paul! As you can tell I'm no expert, but I wouldn't think that just 2 hostings would be quite enough if you are going to use your 10 sites as a network, I'd go 3 or 4. And I wouldn't put any of your network sites on the same hosting as any of your money sites, might be over cautious but better safe than sorry I reckon.

Thanks for the explanation, I had noticed that 2 of the hosting companies I'm currently using offer exactly the same choice of location, wondered if they were in fact the same.

So what should we ask before signing up (to avoid sounding like a total noob!) is it the physical location of their servers or ????

Have to confess I'm still a little cloudy on physical/virtual/server/data center stuff :blink:

I ask two main questions and then one or two extra just to guage the response.

1. What data center? (city state country, name) Some of them are Huge and probably have millions of sites so it is very easy to find multiple hosting companies working out of the same location.

2. What IP's will I be assigned? You may not be able to get the exact IP addresses but you can get a range. Most of the smaller companies are working with a limited number of IP's so you can compare them to what you already have.

3 - 4. Just any general question off of their website about the control panel used, uptime or some other softball question. If I am actually unclear about something than I will ask but most of the stuff really does not vary all that much from host to host (at least what they promise anyway, delivery is another issue)

Every once in awhile you get so pushback on the questions, not sure why exactly but if they do not quickly answer my questions I move on. Pretty much any company I do business with I try to find some pre sale questions to ask,. not just hosting companies but any company. It gives you a chance to judge them a bit before giving them any money, if they can not do a good job before you pay them then it will only get worse after they have your cash.

I have had Blogs on Skynet IPs they were all de-indexed and then i reverse checked all the domains hosted on those IPs...They were all de-indexed.

Avoid them.

yes same here, all my blogs de-indexed I thought its because of google update. Thanks for the advice.

The problem is, even if one of these "SEO Hosting" companies gives you diff C class IP's, search engines still can classify which ones are on their IP ranges, which only gives them more incentive to a take a longer investigative look at your sites.

Can you give me the link to the companies you're working with? There are so many hosting resellers out there that actually live under the same company. don't have time to investigate them. thanks

Anybody knows wheter small hosting companies give away the same IP to various customers? Or is that technical not possible (because only one cpanel for each IP?)?

All hosting companies large and small that I know of use shared IP's unless you get a reseller account or request (and pay for) a dedicated IP. You should considered shared the default unless you see private specified.

Hi im looking to find some were to host my blog network im looking to set up..

im knew to this and not sure of the best place for hosting my websites, obv i dont want all of my domains on the same ip so i need a hosting that automatically assigns new websites/domains a new ip location..

anyways hope you guys understand and hopefully some one can point me in the right direction

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul... I believe you will find a lot of advice from people around here at TrafficPlanet, but I think, you will gain a lot of knowledge and practical understanding on how to establish your own private blog network using

Please login or register to see this link.

(Aff. link?...Nope!). You will not only learn about hosting..etc, but on how how to maintain and take good care of your network-investments. Hope this helps.. :rolleyes: