• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: AUG. 22 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 SmartVideo Upgrade - Templates VideoRemix $67.00
    2 Fast Traffic Bot Eric Holmlund $20.03
    3 YT Affiliate Formula Ivana Bosnjak $13.65
    4 SyndRanker: Link Indexer Neil Napier $17.00
    5 Pixa Logo - 200 Brand New Logo Ultimate Bundle Adhitya tri Arifianto $19.00
    6 LetClicks Elite Team LetX $9.99
    7 LinkedIn Marketing 3.0 Biz in a Box Monster PLR Dr. Amit Pareek $9.95
    8 Viddyoze Template Club Viddyoze $37.00
    9 [PLR] Productivity Mastery Wealthy PLR $17.89
    10 Affiliazon DFY Monthly Niche Pack Kurt Chrisler $27.00
    11 Kindle Keyword and Self Publishing Software David Chesson $97.00

My SEO Experiment

• Please log in to reply
    79 replies to this topic

#21 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,019
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

I have some experience of EMD with real world results.

In my experience if you have two sites that are equally valued by Google, but one is an EMD and the other is not, the EMD will rank higher. I think everyone knows this though. Additionally, if you have two websites that are both EMD, but one is a dot com and the other is something else, the dot com will rank higher. Also, in a low competition niche, a site with a relatively low amount of good content, but with EMD, will easily rank on the first page and only need a little work to get to the top.

Does this mean a EMD will always rank higher than competition, obviously not, but also, it is definitely a factor in the algorithm. Google stated not too long ago that they were devaluing the EMD part of the algorithm slightly. Although this makes sense in part, as a EMD does not really mean the sites content is going to be any good, in my own experiments, EMD does still count for a lot.

Did your testing include testing the emd against just having the keyword in the url? I have not seem much measurable difference between

keyword.com

domain.com/keyword

in my experience. Now I have not done any head to head testing but the benefit from having the keyword in the url seems pretty strong but the advantage over it having it in the domain as opposed to just in the url seems less clear.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#22 nicbos

nicbos

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 339
    • LocationItaly

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

Did your testing include testing the emd against just having the keyword in the url? I have not seem much measurable difference between

keyword.com

domain.com/keyword

in my experience. Now I have not done any head to head testing but the benefit from having the keyword in the url seems pretty strong but the advantage over it having it in the domain as opposed to just in the url seems less clear.

That's a good question, and in my research I have seen enough that it is clear to me, the keyword in the domain is more powerful than the keyword in the URL. There are of course factors that can play on results and muddy the waters, but for me the EMD always looked stronger.

Best, Nic

Edited by nicbos, 11 November 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#23 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,019
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

That's a good question, and in my research I have seen enough that it is clear to me, the keyword in the domain is more powerful than the keyword in the URL. There are of course factors that can play on results and muddy the waters, but for me the EMD always looked stronger.

Best, Nic

Interesting, I have not seen that much of an advantage of the domain over the url myself but to be honest I try and do larger sites covering more keywords so it is not like I do a lot of EMDs.

Has any of your testing been recent? Google is supposedly de-emphasizing EMDs so I would imagine if this is true than the results from last year would be different from the last 6-8 months or so.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#24 nicbos

nicbos

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 339
    • LocationItaly

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Interesting, I have not seen that much of an advantage of the domain over the url myself but to be honest I try and do larger sites covering more keywords so it is not like I do a lot of EMDs.

Has any of your testing been recent? Google is supposedly de-emphasizing EMDs so I would imagine if this is true than the results from last year would be different from the last 6-8 months or so.

One of my EMD test sites was started before the chat about Google de-valuing EMDs, and has stayed online with no content updates and no SEO work, onpage or offpage, and even I am surprised to see it continues to dominate postion 1 of Google, above big hitters with the keyword in the URL.

So in my experience, EMD is the single most important aspect of SEO. You can achieve your goals without it, but it is SO much easier with it.

Hope that helps.

Best, Nic

#25 JSP

JSP

• posts 690
    • LocationAZ

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

One of my EMD test sites was started before the chat about Google de-valuing EMDs, and has stayed online with no content updates and no SEO work, onpage or offpage, and even I am surprised to see it continues to dominate postion 1 of Google, above big hitters with the keyword in the URL.

So in my experience, EMD is the single most important aspect of SEO. You can achieve your goals without it, but it is SO much easier with it.

Hope that helps.

Best, Nic

I haven't seen this myself. Maybe 2-3 years ago, but Google has been devaluing them from what I've experienced. They do still give SOME boost though. But I'm not sure if I'd call an EMD the most important aspect of SEO.

Though this is just my opinion. You may have tested it more than I have. (I focus mainly on slightly broad keyword phrases for my domains and very targeted keywords for my pages.)

#26 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,019
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

Hope that helps.

Best, Nic

While I will admit I see some benefit to an EMD I honestly can not see that it is anywhere near the most important. I hardly ever use one and the few times I have I have really not noticed that it is that much easier to rank a site. I suppose the only way to tell for sure would be to do a head to head test.

All My Forum Topics

#27 Rhetoric

Rhetoric

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 207
    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

^--- he's right. There's not a LOT of purpose to EMD's anymore. Except one, a quicker up-time.

EMD's provide a faster-than-usual to page 1 ranking - I've found in my experience - and still to this day. But long term, they're meaningless.

One thing I do, is build the EMD, and a branded domain. Link build to both, once they're both in the top 200, 301 the EMD to the branded domain and move forward.

Also, 301'ing and aged high PR domain that you've also put in the top 200 is super-helpful also. That way you get the best of all worlds.

Speed, longevity, strength and stamina. :)

My PR 5 HomePage Backlink Network Is STILL Better Than Yours... Check it out HERE
    Still the best SEO Consultants that money can buy.

#28 Ming Jong Tey

Ming Jong Tey

• posts 3

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

Congratulation :) This is a pretty impressive result consider everything is done in 30 days. Having said that, it will be easier to rank for exact match domain. However, you can definitely rank a keyword in the inner page with your OPSEO optimized and engage heavy backlinking process.

Well done.

Cheers,
    Ming

#29 nicbos

nicbos

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 339
    • LocationItaly

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Rhetoric is right when he says that EMD get's to the first page of results quicker, very fast, I see that too.

I value EMD as the most important aspect of my SEO because everything else can be done with time. You can build links over time, you can work on improving on page and off page SEO with time, but time will not build you an EMD, you either have it or you don't, and everything is easier with it. :)

Best, Nic.

Edited by nicbos, 14 November 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#30 thekiller

thekiller

• posts 28

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

Hmmmm..

Really some good case study. The thing is when content inside the site encounters duplicate there's a chance of good penalty.
    But i'll stay tuned on what's happening.

#31 nicbos

nicbos

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 339
    • LocationItaly

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

The thing is when content inside the site encounters duplicate there's a chance of good penalty.

Are you referring to the spun articles mentioned in the first post?

Does anyone have any testing on the risk of dupe content penalties with spun articles, I've never seen any good testing and results on that - but it would be interesting, i.e SERPS suffering after "x" amount of spun articles are posted.

Best, Nic.

Edited by nicbos, 25 November 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#32 supportnhelp

supportnhelp

• posts 5

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

I am scare, why you doing spun contents? when you targeting 400,000 exact match keyword (already on 1st page). Do good contents, it will cost you much.

Keyword domain definitely help. But good optimized site, Old, quality contents and good number quality links can beat EMD's

Thanks.

#33 Aiyoba

Aiyoba

• posts 2

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Was that it?

#34 ske11

ske11

• posts 8

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

Did harryjogi ever post the information he said he would on page one?

#35 Mike Buyco

Mike Buyco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 132
    • LocationGeneral Santos City

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

Interesting experiment. But it would be beneficial to at least update this regularly with not only the results but how you've been doing it. Like what modules did you use in senuke x. Are you using AMR and Scrapebox as tier sites. Let us know how it turns out. Thanks

Link Building Drives Me Nuts!!

"until I found this easier way... FREE!!              ---> Click here                        mikebuyco.com

#36 asanders28

asanders28

• posts 4
    • LocationChicaog

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I am particularly interested in the results of these "blast" types of experiments in the wake of panda-foolery. So let's hear it!

#37 jennifer456

jennifer456

• posts 6
    • Locationmalaysia

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi,

Isn't it suppose to trigger the big G if you engage heavy backlinking. I read somewhere you need to gradually build backlink to a new site.

#38 MattW

MattW

Elite Senior Member

• Elite Senior Member
    • posts 1,545
    • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

It will be interesting to see what Google does with the domain across the next 30 days. You seem to have spent some time building a great foundation knowledge of SEO taking into account link velocity and such. It great to see you've had success applying the knowledge practically.

My only advice for you is to build more sites and do everything as randomly as possible. Measure what works well and what doesn't. If theres an EMD available for this keyword then grab it and run both sites side by side. Not only does this allow you to see what works well, but you will have an extra layer of protection when an algo update comes along.

#39 Howard Longston

Howard Longston

• posts 10

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Will keep an eye on this tread looks interesting.

#40 anwar001

anwar001

• posts 93

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

This is totally unbelievable. I too would like you to send me the name of the site and the keyword just double check everything. And I also have a few questions for you:

1. Does each page of the site target same keyword phrase or are they random spun articles on any health topic?
    2. You are using a blog network - can you share the name of the network you are using?
    3. Are you getting traffic from any long tail keywords since you have so many blog posts?

If any more questions come to mind, I may ask you. If you can achieve such good results and have an organized strategy which you used, you can try it out for more sites and see if the results can be duplicated. If yes, then you have a goldmine in your hands. Answering questions from others is a great way to uncover different parts and steps in the strategy and get everything down on paper out from your mind.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and waiting for your PM about your website URL and keyword.