harryjogi

My SEO Experiment

One of my EMD test sites was started before the chat about Google de-valuing EMDs, and has stayed online with no content updates and no SEO work, onpage or offpage, and even I am surprised to see it continues to dominate postion 1 of Google, above big hitters with the keyword in the URL.

So in my experience, EMD is the single most important aspect of SEO. You can achieve your goals without it, but it is SO much easier with it.

Hope that helps.

Best, Nic

While I will admit I see some benefit to an EMD I honestly can not see that it is anywhere near the most important. I hardly ever use one and the few times I have I have really not noticed that it is that much easier to rank a site. I suppose the only way to tell for sure would be to do a head to head test.

^--- he's right. There's not a LOT of purpose to EMD's anymore. Except one, a quicker up-time.

EMD's provide a faster-than-usual to page 1 ranking - I've found in my experience - and still to this day. But long term, they're meaningless.

One thing I do, is build the EMD, and a branded domain. Link build to both, once they're both in the top 200, 301 the EMD to the branded domain and move forward.

Also, 301'ing and aged high PR domain that you've also put in the top 200 is super-helpful also. That way you get the best of all worlds.

Speed, longevity, strength and stamina. :)

Congratulation :) This is a pretty impressive result consider everything is done in 30 days. Having said that, it will be easier to rank for exact match domain. However, you can definitely rank a keyword in the inner page with your OPSEO optimized and engage heavy backlinking process.

Well done.

Cheers,

Ming

Rhetoric is right when he says that EMD get's to the first page of results quicker, very fast, I see that too.

I value EMD as the most important aspect of my SEO because everything else can be done with time. You can build links over time, you can work on improving on page and off page SEO with time, but time will not build you an EMD, you either have it or you don't, and everything is easier with it. :)

Best, Nic.

Edited by nicbos

The thing is when content inside the site encounters duplicate there's a chance of good penalty.

Are you referring to the spun articles mentioned in the first post?

Does anyone have any testing on the risk of dupe content penalties with spun articles, I've never seen any good testing and results on that - but it would be interesting, i.e SERPS suffering after "x" amount of spun articles are posted.

Best, Nic.

Edited by nicbos

I am scare, why you doing spun contents? when you targeting 400,000 exact match keyword (already on 1st page). Do good contents, it will cost you much.

Keyword domain definitely help. But good optimized site, Old, quality contents and good number quality links can beat EMD's

Thanks.

Interesting experiment. But it would be beneficial to at least update this regularly with not only the results but how you've been doing it. Like what modules did you use in senuke x. Are you using AMR and Scrapebox as tier sites. Let us know how it turns out. Thanks

It will be interesting to see what Google does with the domain across the next 30 days. You seem to have spent some time building a great foundation knowledge of SEO taking into account link velocity and such. It great to see you've had success applying the knowledge practically.

My only advice for you is to build more sites and do everything as randomly as possible. Measure what works well and what doesn't. If theres an EMD available for this keyword then grab it and run both sites side by side. Not only does this allow you to see what works well, but you will have an extra layer of protection when an algo update comes along.

This is totally unbelievable. I too would like you to send me the name of the site and the keyword just double check everything. And I also have a few questions for you:

1. Does each page of the site target same keyword phrase or are they random spun articles on any health topic?

2. You are using a blog network - can you share the name of the network you are using?

3. Are you getting traffic from any long tail keywords since you have so many blog posts?

If any more questions come to mind, I may ask you. If you can achieve such good results and have an organized strategy which you used, you can try it out for more sites and see if the results can be duplicated. If yes, then you have a goldmine in your hands. Answering questions from others is a great way to uncover different parts and steps in the strategy and get everything down on paper out from your mind.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and waiting for your PM about your website URL and keyword.

If such kind of threads will be posted continueosly then we will get many knowledge of SEO which is still hidden from our eyes. Keep Sharing such kind of information. Its very useful for SEO freshers as well as experienced.

I use following tools :

1) Senuke x

2) AMR

3) Scrabebox

4) High pr network (subscription service)

How many articles can you submit in AMR.

How may urls and key words can you run for Senuke X running per day?

Steven