MarkMark5

Proof that SERPS are broken after Penguin. Totally irrelevant results inside...

I've been in SEO for 10 years and this is the worst update in Google's history. I've been tracking results in the "vision improvement" niche for many years.

The current search result for "repair vision" or "repair vision naturally" is totally broken. There are totally irrelevant sites on page 1.

Take a look at it to judge for yourself.

Do a Google search for repair vision

I shall highlight the glaring incompetence of this SERP result:

NO 1: Yahoo Answers

Really? Not the most authoriative source. Mostly poor advice

No 2: An outdated article from 2007!

(Now here is where the fun starts)

NO.3:

Please login or register to see this link.

A ONE-PAGE no content, site with a single large image of a poorly put together AD for...wait for it... automobile repair. REALLY?

There's no content and worst of all, NOTHING related to "vision".

No 4:

Totally unrelated site. It shows a technical document for some sort of software - vision configuration verifier

No 5:

Poorly put together article. Site looks like its from the 90s

No 6:

Another totally unrelated site. Another 90's looking site promoting window tinting and windshield crack repair.

(again, just because it has "vission" in its URL, doesn't make it relevant)

Pre-panda, our blog on "vision improvement" has original content that writes up on vision improvement techniques. It got tanked from page 1 to page 50.

Whats more, before the "penguin update" the serps were very relevant for "repair vision". There were blogs and well-written articles on repairing vision.

Now, it got replaced by cheesy looking sites promoting automobile repair, windshield repair and outdated information from old sites.

This is one of the MANY examples where the SERPS are broken. It simply reminds me of the days of using AltaVista.

Google, your relevancy totally tanked for many niches. If this is not proof, I don't know what is.

You know the SERPs are fubar, I know, and so does most everyone else. The only people that seem to have buried their heads in the sand is matt cutts and his band of idiots.

And you are right. I have never seen anything so fubar since I started this miserable work in 2003. If this was anyone else(even bottom barrel dev organizations) this update would of been rolled back before too many people noticed.

It will be this way just long enough for them to put the fear into the weak sisters in the SEO Industry that begin to think everything they have been doing doesnt work anymore.

1. they'd have you believe that links in spun content no longer works to increase pages ranks. FALSE

2. they'd have you think that backlinks from blog networks no longer work. FALSE - proving it wrong every day

3. They'd have you believe that any linkbuilding is evil and will kill your SERPS. FALSE [ go blow a penguin spam "team" ]

Mehhhh ....

Ohh look at all these pretty blue links google gives us all to click on every time we search? Ohhh those up at the top with the rose colored background are especially attractive - these must be the funnest to click - so lets just do it and "surf" around google advertisers a bit more each day [ window shopping only ]

Check out who's now ranking #5 for for "Repair Vision"... I love the irony of how this post is now ranking #5.

repairvision5.png

Haha... nice job Google!

Edit: I didn't catch that someone else had already spotted this first. Oh well... enjoy the image; it might be a classic memory of the "Penguin Update."

Edited by spaxton1

hahaha!!! Awesome Quality results Google.

I am seeing Junk Results on each n every Search.

Check out who's now ranking #5 for for "Repair Vision"... I love the irony of how this post is now ranking #5.

repairvision5.png

Haha... nice job Google!

Edit: I didn't catch that someone else had already spotted this first. Oh well... enjoy the image; it might be a classic memory of the "Penguin Update."

This is so ridiculous that it has become hilarious. Why would anyone searching for "repair vision" be interested in any of the top 10 results? Whats more, the post doesn't even have any backlinks at all!

There're many more SERPs similar to this that has ZERO relevancy.

The interesting point to note about this result is that Google seems to rank urls with no backlinks based on "relevancy" factors. The fact that it got ranked #5 within 24 hours is interesting. Anyone up to do negative SEO on the top few results to see if this post can raise to the top? It would be a testament to the failed penguin update.

Based on all of this, I don't really see how webmaster could fix anything, since most of the mess is google made

all my sites got hit, i am near destroyed by the Penguin and I even received a reply to my reconsideration request in GWT saying I had not be flagged by spam but there is nothing that can be done

Based on all of this, I don't really see how webmaster could fix anything, since most of the mess is google made

all my sites got hit, i am near destroyed by the Penguin and I even received a reply to my reconsideration request in GWT saying I had not be flagged by spam but there is nothing that can be done

Absolutely! We can not fix anything without knowing the Problem. My site got badly hit when I did not build much links to it and other sites with too many links are still ranking ok..

Everyone here is assuming here I afraid.

search for the term "something" on google. www.something.com ranking number 1 , please open it, it is very helpful information in there brought to you by google

Now I know the right SEO strategy. Make blank pages!

Why are blank pages better?

1) You don't have to write anything

2) You cannot do anything wrong

3) You don't over-optimize your on-page SEO

4) Blank pages load much faster

5) No need to worry about keyword density, H1 tags, images and videos in the article etc.

6) Less distractions on your website

7) No need to hire expensive writers

8) Blank pages are much easier to proofread

9) Blank pages need much less storage on your hosting account, they are also easier to backup

10) People don't read long articles anyway. But everyone will read through a blank page, it is guaranteed.

11) You pages will never get outdated, so you don't have to update and revise them constantly

12) Blank pages rank as good as full content pages

So what are you waiting for? Start creating blank pages now!

Edited by Charybdis

search for the term "something" on google. www.something.com ranking number 1 , please open it, it is very helpful information in there brought to you by google

This is unbelievable results.