• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: SEPT. 20 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 EZ Review Videos Matt Bush $26.95
    2 Proven Profit Package Eric Holmlund $30.36
    3 Promoyze Club Andrew Darius - Explaindio LLC $37.00
    4 Nicheology Membership Special Paul Counts $27.00
    5 Wp Ebook Maker Gold Robert F Bandas $19.40
    6 Big Traffic Firesale - Private Label Rights Edmund Loh $18.25
    7 Viddyoze TC Viddyoze $37.00
    8 Goal Crusher Premium Robert F Bandas $19.30
    9 Irresistible You - Complete Sales Funnel With PLR PLR Sales Funnels $9.95
    10 Deadbeat Super Affiliate (Reloaded) Dan Brock $17.00

Google just announced new algorithm changes to come in next few days, targeting keyword stuffing and spun content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    360 replies to this topic

#21 Glassy

Glassy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 206

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

I don't really see from that article that they are going to be able to target spun content. Unless they do a manual review, I doubt that their bot is going to be able to pick out poorly spun content from normal content. Something I picked out in this article is "Notice that if you try to read the text aloud you’ll discover that the outgoing links are completely unrelated to the actual content." That reminds me of services like LinxFish. They would stick your link in the middle of Wordpress posts on entirely different topics and where it made no sense in the sentence. I don't know how widespread this is, but I can see why Google wouldn't like it.

If MS Word can pick up spun content, then so can the Google bots. Spun content just doesn't work as good as it once did.

#22 seoguru

seoguru

Advanced Member

• posts 118

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

soon it will be nothing but name brands because they are the only ones who can really create buzz and backlinks "naturally"

seriously, who the F wants to link to my los angeles personal injury website... no one gives a sh!t

there needs to be defined legitimate ways to build backlinks that shows google that we are putting in efforts for the results and not just some spoon fed silver platter venture funded corporate b!tch. Us and our clients need to make a living too and just because amazon sneezed a word they dont give two sh!its about, doesnt mean they are the best website for the rankings. (like "talent singer"... serious amazon, are you the #1 source for a talent singer)

#23 Mark Leenheer

Mark Leenheer

• posts 9

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

I got hosed bad too, about 4 hours ago. I thinkk they are going to have to roll this one back it seems a "bit" extreme.

#24 MAV

MAV

• posts 18

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Let's see what's coming in the next few days.

#25 Catalyst

Catalyst

Advanced Member

• posts 152

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

I got hosed bad too, about 4 hours ago. I thinkk they are going to have to roll this one back it seems a "bit" extreme.

lolz google does not roll anything back.. ever heard the song .. "working 9 to 5 what a why to make a living" ?

#26 miked

miked

Advanced Member

• posts 124

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

If these SERP changes I'm seeing hold, we are gong to need to turn off that "profanity" filter because this is a blood bath!

#27 Walker2k10

Walker2k10

• posts 33

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Bah, will this madness never end. The fallout from this algorithm change is shaping up to be pretty messy
    Need Bookmarks Fast? Check out eazymarks.com for fast and affordable bookmarking!

#28 adamcm

adamcm

Advanced Member

• posts 141

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

I got hit too, for people who survived do you mind sharing methods? Did the Web 2.0 / High PR article tiered link methods work, blog comments? Like I said I got hit too and felt I had link diversity (blog comments, article links, web 2.0s, etc), but I did use ALN and FBL up to a couple of months ago. So i'm wondering if that is all it is. Would be nice to gather some idea of what is still working :).

#29 kacmi

kacmi

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 109

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

I have/work on many websites, from big brand sites with high-quality links (which took a fall a month ago), to crappy mfa sites with really crappy on-page content and spun content/duplicated content/forum profile backlinks STILL ranking 7 for competitive keyword. No changes in last 24h for any sites I own or work on.

#30 Robinlowemi7

Robinlowemi7

• posts 54

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Well this should be simple to sort out. So far all what google has done is try to make us do more manual work than automated.

If googlebot is going to look at the context of the page linking back to our sites, then I believe WE still have the control.

1. We can chose what kind of text to surround our links with.
    2. We can chose the title of the article that is linking to us.
    3. We can chose which elements of the page linking back to us should contain a relevant keyword.

This is the reason why bookmarks work. Think about it, a bookmark page is totally focused on our anchor, title, tags, the works....

A nuclear bomb has been thrown into the playing field. The unmovables have/will be blasted off unfortunately. Still, I really advice us to keep that predator attitude in this business. Time to come in and grab as much as you can. because the traffic is still there for the taking :D

I'll crawl back into my corner now. Wont want to say too much :)

Goodluck.

Rob

#31 WebMagic

WebMagic

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 122

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Looks like the change went through a few hours ago. http://twitter.com/#!/mattcutts

So far so good for me. Knock on wood

#32 JasPets

JasPets

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 299
    • LocationKansas

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

Almost all of my rankings have TANKED! Sheesh! I've got pages on my site that I've never built backlinks for, and never done any onpage optimizing for, that are out ranking what had previously been well optimized pages!

#33 Glassy

Glassy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 206

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

I got hit too, for people who survived do you mind sharing methods? Did the Web 2.0 / High PR article tiered link methods work, blog comments? Like I said I got hit too and felt I had link diversity (blog comments, article links, web 2.0s, etc), but I did use ALN and FBL up to a couple of months ago. So i'm wondering if that is all it is. Would be nice to gather some idea of what is still working :).

My main site got hammered back in early Feb and hasn't recovered. Only the main page was effected, the inner pages were unaffected. I've tried all kinds of link diversity and tiered services which have rave reviews - to no effect, it's like the page is completely frozen and wont move up or down from it's position. I also went crazy on social signals and this increased traffic which still holds today, but no SERP movement. I also have a network of 30 domains with PR between 1 and 4 which are hosted on different hosts and registrars and have their original content on the pages, plus the anchor texts are varied and there is unique related text surrounding the links. I also built web 2.0 links to the target page, so I've tried just about everything.

The page did have loads of ALN and Easy Blog Comments links pointing at it, so it could still be suffering from negative link velocity from those networks getting deindexed and there possibly could be a delayed reaction which is still rolling out.

I also tried changing things on the page to see if it was content, but that did nothing. There are no affiliate links or cloaked links on the page, so it can't be that.

If it was a 3 month penalty, then the 3 months is almost up, as it was hit on the 6th of Feb, but I'm not holding my breath.

#34 runlkepre3

runlkepre3

• posts 57

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

well, looks like google has been doing their homework

http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2012/04/another-step-to-reward-high-quality.html

here is the "webspam" site mentioned

http://profitmonarchs.com/

who owns this domain? you are in BIG trouble... you ruined it for the rest of us!

Ok. He didn't ruin it for you. No offense. You did and everyone did. If you didn't know types of links are like types of stocks, then you were/are sorely mistaken. High risk links, links in unrelated, spun garbage were bound to be caught. Now, I'm not saying spun content is bad, but linking from a health article to a mechanic website or a sports/baseball website to barbie dolls is quite ridiculous! I know people who ranked with that stuff for upwards of a year! I never subscribed to that.

I'm not trying to be "holier than thou" in this, but I thought it'd seem logical to not link to something completely unrelated. Related content (even spun) is better than unrelated linking. Period.

I don't really see from that article that they are going to be able to target spun content. Unless they do a manual review, I doubt that their bot is going to be able to pick out poorly spun content from normal content. Something I picked out in this article is "Notice that if you try to read the text aloud you’ll discover that the outgoing links are completely unrelated to the actual content." That reminds me of services like LinxFish. They would stick your link in the middle of Wordpress posts on entirely different topics and where it made no sense in the sentence. I don't know how widespread this is, but I can see why Google wouldn't like it.

I think people are missing the most important part of this post

The image he's referencing is of a terribly spun article with 3 links. He makes a comment about the spun content, but the part where he mentions those links are used in an unusual pattern is what got my attention. The spun content would be harder to identify through machine learning, but linking patterns is something easy to identify with a very large sample.

What could they be using to define "unusual"? Sentence to Link ratio? Word Count to Links ratio? 3 link pointing to the same site?

I agree here. It's not so much the spun content. It's the unrelated link in the content. I mean come on man? Seriously? What are/was anyone thinking? And, if you knew it was low quality, I hoped you know/knew it'd catch up with you.

dancin out of the top 100......

I'm dancing for terms I've been in the top 15 for, for 9mo-12 months. I heard that Google is doing some "rollback" as well.

For instance, look up "make money for beginners" or "make money online for beginners"

The top URL is : http://makemoneyforbeginners.blogspot.com/

I mean look at that URL! What the....??!?!?! No content? The title and h1 only have "make" in them. Yet, my site(s), with 100% unique content, informative content over 750-1k words just went to page 8-11? Makes no sense.

Well, something is going on. My main site that has been in the top 3 for it's main keyword for 5-6 years now has dropped to number 12 for that keyword, and my second best keyword that fluctuated between 9-12 has dropped to 64. This site has made it through pretty much every update for the past 6 years unscathed, never received one of those illegal backlink warnings, but this one got it. Funny thing is it's not even getting links from sites like the ones described at the google blog.

I think my days as an internet marketer are numbered too.

I want to give you some advice, if you're willing to hear it. I read this in a book and have heard to numerous times in my life. Never make life altering decisions on Mountain tops or in Valleys. Why? Because those times are marred by emotion. Weight this out. I've been online for 5 years and the last 2 have been the most brutal as far as changes, but I've made the most I ever have.
    Just think, if you can't keep up with this, how is the business owner, dr, lawyer who needs leads and exposure going to?

If MS Word can pick up spun content, then so can the Google bots. Spun content just doesn't work as good as it once did.

Uhm, the computing power to do this for the WHOLE internet? Pretty massive. One day maybe, but right now, it's more about links and anchors. I do, from observations, see google picking up on LSI/relevancy better. Of course, the next step is spun content and grammar.

Wait it out. Read my other comments to others.

lolz google does not roll anything back.. ever heard the song .. "working 9 to 5 what a why to make a living" ?

Disagree. Read my above comment about a site that hasn't ranked for terms in forever, but has no content, title, or h1 tag and is #1 for 2 keywords for "make money for beginners" and "make money online for beginners". Crazy. Their "refreshes" sometimes seem more like "system restores" and then they work back to where they want the algo to go.

We'll see. 3.1% of queries is pretty sizable compared to 1%-ish that other "refreshes" and "updates" had.

If these SERP changes I'm seeing hold, we are gong to need to turn off that "profanity" filter because this is a blood bath!

Too funny. Maybe be. Indeed. Maybe my friend.

#35 runlkepre3

runlkepre3

• posts 57

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Well this should be simple to sort out. So far all what google has done is try to make us do more manual work than automated.

If googlebot is going to look at the context of the page linking back to our sites, then I believe WE still have the control.

3. We can chose which elements of the page linking back to us should contain a relevant keyword.

This is the reason why bookmarks work. Think about it, a bookmark page is totally focused on our anchor, title, tags, the works....

A nuclear bomb has been thrown into the playing field. The unmovables have/will be blasted off unfortunately. Still, I really advice us to keep that predator attitude in this business. Time to come in and grab as much as you can. because the traffic is still there for the taking :D

Rob

These points:

Really? I've been doing this since ever. I'm still getting hit. lol smh.

#36 mrclean

mrclean

• posts 60

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Looks like the change went through a few hours ago. http://twitter.com/#!/mattcutts

So far so good for me. Knock on wood

The changes are minimal for me...the funny thing is that I have multiple SPAMMY sites, all with the same backlinks. 1/2 of which took a dump, the other half are still performing fine. As always, there is no rhyme or reason to this update. These sites literally have the same backlinks and are basically the same page structure. Very odd.

PRIVATE BLOG NETWORK! 36 HIGH PR LINKS! PR6'S + MORE - CLICK HERE FOR MORE

#37 kirahster

kirahster

• posts 18

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

I wonder if Matt Cutts has a personal bodyguard?

My site is completely legit that I use to promote my business as a real estate agent.
    It is now nowhere to be found.

#38 Robinlowemi7

Robinlowemi7

• posts 54

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

These points:

Really? I've been doing this since ever. I'm still getting hit. lol smh.

This is a response to googles point below:

"Of course, most sites affected by this change aren’t so blatant. Here’s an example of a site with unusual linking patterns that is also affected by this change. Notice that if you try to read the text aloud you’ll discover that the outgoing links are completely unrelated to the actual content, and in fact the page text has been “spun” beyond recognition:"

Unfortunately with these changes, 3-10 things are blasted at the same time. Anyway you cut it, a filter catches you anyway :(

I took a hit too. Except on a new site with the above style linking and no too much SEO done to it.

We'll all see how it goes in the coming days.

Rob

Edited by Robinlowemi7, 25 April 2012 - 01:12 AM.

#39 baggs

baggs

• posts 53
    • LocationCalifornia.....For now

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

FML

Posted Image

Oh well, some of my sites actually went up a bit, so w/e.

#40 AdamWB

AdamWB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 404

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Lovin' this update so far!

Sorry to all those that tanked. I know the gut wrenching feeling of losing a big income earner overnight. It seriously depresses you for a few days.

All I can say is this update was actually pretty good depending on how you look at it.

It should open a lot of doors for people that want to take the time and do things right, and now that Poogle has killed a lot of spam, it opens up more doors to find legit link building tactics (which do exist).