PR Whirlwind

PRWhirlWind: Press Release Distribution Service to Reuters,CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX & Affiliated News Sites

Order Review

Let me start this off by saying that I have recommended Joe and his service far and wide because of the results people have had.   As you read this review you might think I am being overly critical, that is not my intention.

I am simply writing this to outline my experiences with the entire order process, delivery, and results.

So here is goes:

I ordered on 14 December later in the day.  The order process is actually pretty easy, however you are going to need your URL's and keywords ready before you start or you will end up fumbling around collecting every thing up like I did.  Also, if you are getting the bonus link building package, have url's and keywords ready for that as well.

I received a thank you for ordering email on the morning of the 15th of December from Joe.

I received the draft of my PR late the night of the 15th, I didn't see it in my inbox until the 16th so we will call that a 24 hours turn around from order submission to written press release.

The press release was actually written really well and I didn't have to make one change to it.  Before I sent my approval email, I added the press release to my website and made sure it was indexed.  I have a particular "Press Room" layout for all my clients sites and doing this adds some legitimacy to your press releases (should read you don't look like a douche SEO lol).

I replied to the draft email saying yes it was approved.

By 1 PM that day I received an email from my client noting that they found a press release, they loved it, and wondered if I had created it.  So far, so good!

On the morning of the 18th I recieved an email containing a search result for my press release indicating that it was in Google News!  Pretty exciting right? 

Well, let's not get too carried away. 

Sure the press release was in Google News for the title on exactly ONE website.  This one to be exact:

Please login or register to see this link.

Now, don't get me wrong, to the uneducated client who doesn't know any better, their content is in Google News and that's all that matters to them.  However, as a marketer, I am left quite underwhelmed, only one site, really???

The part of the submission report contained links to the rest of the places my PR was syndicated to.   This is where things get a bit interesting.

You see on my report there were some 350 urls, give or take, that are pretty much locked into a word document.  So I had to save the document as an HTML file and use Link Gopher to extract them.

Of those 350 links, a whole whopping ZERO were indexed in Google.

Needless to say I was a bit irritated.

So I dug deeper.

It didn't take me long to figure out that Joe is using Marketers Media to syndicate, which explains his pricing right lol.  That is not the negative here.

75% of the links in my report were from syndication sites, kinda like this one:

Please login or register to see this link.

The rest were from news and television stations.

Now, the link structure you get in your report is actually WAY different than the structure the news and TV sites use. 

So when you look at the report you get, you see that nothing is indexed, when in fact most of those TV and news sites are indexed under a different URL.

Bringing us to use Google to find them.

I used an exact match search for the title to find the syndication of my PR.

The first day, there were 79 instances of my PR in Google search.

Today, as I write this, there are 112, a far cry from hundreds or thousands some claim to be getting in their reviews.

Ranking Results

After the press release landed, I actually got a decent boost in the search rankings.   Now, its not anything earth shattering, moved up and average of 3-4 spots in Google and 5-8 in Google Maps.  So those 112 links were decent quality and they did help do what I was looking to do.

Suggested Courses of Action

1) Identify two pages on your site to link to in the PR, don't use the same URL.
2) In the bonus linking package, use a manual T1 site that links to the page your targeting in your PR, don't use the same page URL.

3) When you get the report, strip out the URL's and get them indexed.  I have a tool to do it that is broken right now and I don't feel like doing it manually or more than 112 would be indexed right now.

4) Don't expect more than 3-4 hundred links from your submission.  Thousands would be cool, and having way more in Google News would be even better, but these seem to be doing their job.

Final Review

I have to say that I will be using Joe's service again, and continuing to recommend it as well, however I will have to caveat in my recommendations not to expect to get into super cool news sites.

This service is more for a great way to get some authority to your websites from trusted domains and to diversify your anchor text if you or a client goes crazy with exact match.

You won't see significant rankings boost, nor get a lot of dofollow links you can boost.

You won't see traffic from these PR's either, so keep that in mind.

Hopefully my review helps someone out and brings the results expectations more into reality.

Edited by Clint Butler

Hey Joe,

I'd like to order my first press release. If everything goes well, it'll be followed by 4 more.

Just wanted to double check if its ok to order one?

Thanks.

Yes of course you can order, we are always open:)