• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

WPX Hosting by Terry Kyle

WPX Hosting – owned by Traffic Planet founder, Terry Kyle - is the ONLY hosting service recommended by Thrive Themes) – use promo code WPX-LOVES-TRAFFIC-PLANET for $1 first month (‘Business Plan’)

10 Reasons Why WPX Hosting Should Be Your Managed WordPress Hosting Provider:

1. Staging Area w/- UNIQUE functionality – merge your Staging site version with the Live site version WITHOUT losing new blog comments or post/page changes on the Live site since the Staging version was created
    2. WPX Hosting’s 24/7/365 Support Team AVERAGE under 30 seconds response time, according to Live Chat Inc (the independent live chat platform used by WPX Hosting)
    3. “FIXED FOR YOU” Guarantee: Unlike old-school hosting company support that sends you a link to an article when you get into technical trouble & expects you to fix the issue, we do it for you, FAST & FREE (and we can still send you an article link if you want!). WPX Hosting is like your own F1 pit crew, ready 24/7/365 to get your technical problems resolved fast.
    4. SUPERFAST high-end new SSD servers deliberately UNDERloaded for high performance under extreme traffic loads (e.g. email marketing broadcasts, product launches)
    5. UNLIMITED Free Google-Sponsored SSL Certificates Installed & Active In Under 10 Seconds (Watch Video Here)
    6. PHP 7.X Enabled (Plus Earlier Versions) + http2 enabled + enterprise-level Incapsula DDOS protection on ALL plans
    7. Unlimited FREE Site Migration from your current host to WPX Hosting Within 24 Hours, 7 Days A Week
    8. Fully Managed WordPress Hosting With FREE Email Included (Unlike Many Others)
    9. US servers Located In The World's Largest Datacenter Along With America's Financial Infrastructure, UK servers in London too.
    10. WPX Hosting Is Trusted With 50 Million+ Page Views Every Month

Are People Getting Penalized From Deindexed ALN, BMR Links

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    25 replies to this topic

#1 finemoves

finemoves

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 290
    • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

There is lots of discussion about penalization from deindexed home page links.

Are people seeing this from BMR, ALN Linkvana type deindexing?

Appreciate insites

Marketleaderseo SEO Services & UK SEO Services By Smartrank SEO Company

#2 seriento

seriento

• posts 26

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

didn't know these type of links are being deindexed. I bloody hope not though!

how on earth are you meant to rank of nothing works anymore!?!? lol. but in all seriousness, hpbl are gone, bmr/aln are gone, WTF to do? only option is build your own net? are you best off building up web 2.0's since they won't get deindexed?
    OptinSkin.com | Add gorgeous opt-in forms & social share boxes to your blog in seconds| OptinSkin.com

#3 raven

raven

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 185

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

take this with a grain of salt... my site is a 7 yr old with multiple types of backlinking, its hit the penalty
    only have really done blog network links, social bookmarking, light pligg site sprinking, web 2.0 stuff and it tanked

Edited by raven, 29 February 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#4 Insurgo

Insurgo

Advanced Member

• posts 226

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

People have been saying it for while but build your own blog network or (even better) a network of sites related to your niche. That and unique content on Web 2.0 properties forms the basis of any SEO campaign for an important site that I own.

#5 sparkplug

sparkplug

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 196

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

take this with a grain of salt... my site is a 7 yr old with multiple types of backlinking, its hit the penalty
    only have really done blog network links, social bookmarking, light pligg site sprinking, web 2.0 stuff and it tanked

Were you in any type of blog networks like BMR, ALN, or FBL? Or, were you in a HPBL? I was in a HPBL and got hit when it was de-indexed.

#6 mofoe

mofoe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 349

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I have own blog net. Get your wallet out because it is going to cost you :)

As far as bmr etc blog nets our sites not hit. Go figure.

#7 raven

raven

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 185

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Were you in any type of blog networks like BMR, ALN, or FBL? Or, were you in a HPBL? I was in a HPBL and got hit when it was de-indexed.

i was in a hpbl network where the person hadnt taken the links off after my sub was over which is being dealt with now, and i didnt want to mention it by name but Aln.

#8 janetwren5

janetwren5

• posts 6

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hmnn this is not completely the case I think.I know of quite a few folks who use these networks but not in isolation which I think is the key. Don't ever rely on one type of SEO.

Edited by janetwren5, 29 February 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#9 Pirondi

Pirondi

• posts 43

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

One of the private networks i was a member got all sites deindexed (600) most of the keywords that i ranked using it lost rankings,but no site got penalized.

And i used it on more than 30 sites.

So if there is a penalty is not an algo for blog networks only,but it probably is something related with link building.

#10 pixelgrinder

pixelgrinder

• posts 73

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

One of the private networks i was a member got all sites deindexed (600) most of the keywords that i ranked using it lost rankings,but no site got penalized.

And i used it on more than 30 sites.

So if there is a penalty is not an algo for blog networks only,but it probably is something related with link building.

Have you been able to move up in the SERPs for any of the sites that were hit?

#11 Eric Conklin

Eric Conklin

Advanced Member

• posts 104

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

There is lots of discussion about penalization from deindexed home page links.

Are people seeing this from BMR, ALN Linkvana type deindexing?

Appreciate insites

I just talked to a guy that was using BMR and got penalized.

I doubt it's a coincidence based on their recent closing to new members.

#12 AdamWB

AdamWB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 404

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Some sites got penalized that use BMR (or similar networks), and some sites didn't get penalized for using BMR. Conclusion?

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I don't think BMR caused the penalties. Unless every site that used BMR got penalized, there is no way you can blame them. I'm not a huge fan of BMR, but I feel sorry for them right now as I'm sure they are getting a lot of flack for something that isn't entirely their fault.

If you're like me, and you visit a lot of SEO and link building forums - you'll notice that a lot of the SAME people use the exact SAME link building methods, from the SAME sources, with the SAME patterns, using them on the SAME types of sites. Call me crazy, but it just seems that the folks that lost their sites are suffering from Darwinism at it's finest.

And just because your website has a "diverse" link portfolio, does not necessary mean it's diversified if tens of thousands of other people are doing the exact same thing.

I'm not saying these methods don't work, but anyone can see that the days of forced links are dwindling fast - and those that evolve and adapt will be the survivors =)

#13 good people

good people

• posts 7

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

I was using mostly BMR links for about a year. All the KWs that were built using BMR just fell off the map. Was page 1 for a few links, now I can't find it in the top 10 pages. Sites didn't get deindexed though. Not sure if I should continue using it.

#14 MarkAse

MarkAse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 258

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Adam,

Too many people and sites used BMR without incident for G to have penalized everyone on it. The theory of the penalty just isn't holding up, especially when some people, myself included have used similar link building techniques on multiple sites only to see one or two get hammered, while others seemingly ended up higher in SERPS after the adjustment.

I keep asking myself, what type of sites are especially heavy on BMR or similar? What do they have in common from the perspective of a computer?

#15 good people

good people

• posts 7

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

One thing I can say is that the kw rankings built using other methods in the past haven't got hit. the same site with other inside pages using mostly BMR got hit badly. Coincendense? I don't know. I am willing to bet that they figured out either the network or pattern and devalued the links.

#16 a1b2

a1b2

• posts 514

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

I'm not still agreeing that any of this is a "penalty".

Lose links, particularly valuable links = lose rankings

Sites are not getting penalised, they are just dropping due to link loss

Is Google hunting networks like BMR harder than they have in the past? Maybe, but that's the same with all blog networks. Domains get deindexed, there is nothing that can be done about that. Constant growth of the networks is what saves them.

#17 RealEcon

RealEcon

• posts 549

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Its Link Loss. It only looks like some sites are getting penalized and hammered because they were relying too heavily on blog posts or HPBLs. When sites in the network get deindexed your site takes a major hit.

Other sites in the network dont get hit so hard because they have a more diverse backlink profile going to their site than you do.

The reason why this is such a big deal right now is because Google has probably made their algo more sensitive to sites that lose links. Go blast one of your competitors that doesnt have an old domain or many diverse links, with scrapebox or xrumer for a few days, ping all the links at the same time and wait for them to get ghosted.

Google Bowling is back on! And when you are building "deleteable" "deindexable" links to your site you are just bowling your own site.

#18 PR Whirlwind

PR Whirlwind

• Active Seller
    • posts 987
    • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'm not still agreeing that any of this is a "penalty".

Lose links, particularly valuable links = lose rankings

Sites are not getting penalised, they are just dropping due to link loss

Is Google hunting networks like BMR harder than they have in the past? Maybe, but that's the same with all blog networks. Domains get deindexed, there is nothing that can be done about that. Constant growth of the networks is what saves them.

Agreed Pat. As I've said before some people got hit and are convinced it's a penalty because of BMR others are convinced it's HPBL and now we have a froup that are blaming ALN. I have used all of these methods and only one of my sites has been hit ever. There is no correlation because IMO the people who got hit lost rankings because of either a loss of links or Panda none link building related updates.

====> White Hat Authority Building Press Release Service <====

Distribute Your Press Release to 300+ sites!!!

#19 Daniel

Daniel

• posts 90

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Agreed Pat. As I've said before some people got hit and are convinced it's a penalty because of BMR others are convinced it's HPBL and now we have a froup that are blaming ALN. I have used all of these methods and only one of my sites has been hit ever. There is no correlation because IMO the people who got hit lost rankings because of either a loss of links or Panda none link building related updates.

Reading all the different postings the last days I'm getting more and more the impression that Google cleaned up a lot of their own data in their databases and we now see the results.

But the results came from general SEO rules we already know. Just to name two of them - Positive Link Velocity and Diverse Backlinking Profile.

#20 Retina

Retina

• posts 30

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

I've been tracking customers sites who subscribe to my network, and they normally take a rankings drop of at least 10 places within a couple of days of me removing their links if they cancel a subscription. Thats only 30 high PR sites, now imagine the damage it would do if you had 200+ posts on high pr sites removed from the index all of a sudden(BMR or ALN for instance). It doesn't take a genius to realise that the site is going to take a masive hit in terms of ranking.

That said looking through one of my customers sites who was on a bunch of HPBL networks that got de-indexed, it seems most of the sites dropped about 50 places which does seem more like a penalty than a coincidence....

Best advice is choose your HPBL network carefully and if you do decide to cancel perhaps make sure that you sign up to another first so you dont suffer negative link velocity.