• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed

• CloudBoss.pro

Facebook ADs - Do they Work?

• Please log in to reply
    171 replies to this topic

#161 HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly

• posts 59
    • LocationRomania

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:52 AM

I remember when I first tried Facebook ads. I had an online shop that sells mountain bike parts. I invested about 500$ in the campaign and the results were similar to yours: 0 conversions.

Four years later, I know what I did wrong: I didn`t have experience and I didn`t do a great targeting job (region, time of day to display the ads, even the selected ages were wrong, I also did not test multiple scenarios).

One more thing: When you invest money in these kind of campaigns you aren`t loosing money, even if you don`t get any leads, you ARE BUYING DATA that will help you later.

HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused

#162 Engineer2Blogger

Engineer2Blogger

• posts 6

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

It takes a long time to get things right with FB ads.

Your targeting and products/service combination needs to be a great fit for you to be profitable.

I've spent almost 200k on them, they definitely work and work very well for many businesses.

At end of the day, that's how FaceBook earns its revenue and considering it's a billion dollar company, it definitely works.

--> 0 - $1,000/m Blogging Challenge <--

#163 braveit

braveit

• posts 2

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:39 AM

I was going to try the facebook ads but reviews here have discouraged me. Perhaps I should try twitter ads instead.

#164 HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly

• posts 59
    • LocationRomania

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

I was going to try the facebook ads but reviews here have discouraged me. Perhaps I should try twitter ads instead.

The problem is not necessarily with Facebook ads, the problem is with people not knowing how to use Facebook Ads.

For example, OP said she targeted "young male adults", I wouldn`t say this is a group that converts too well.

HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused

#165 traffic

traffic

• posts 28

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

NO!

#166 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,408
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

NO!

​Facebook ads can and do work for a lot of people. However buying likes is not really the best way to spend your ad dollars. While I find the info in the video a bit disturbing it only affects buying likes so if you spend your money on other types of ads you will not be affected by the problem.

Even if you want to buy likes you can probably cut out a lot of the problem by targeting your audience better. Using the promote button on the main page of your account is the worst way to buy ads, always use the ad manager that will allow you to really dig into targeting your ads to the right people. Facebook allows you to really dig into a target demographic, not doing so when running ads is throwing away money and time.

Having said that I have had mixed results with Facebook ads, I have had good results when targeting local demographics but when going after non-local niches my results have been decidedly mixed.   .

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#167 rsp_delhi

rsp_delhi

• posts 2

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

Facebook is one of the best option to run social media campaign. One must be well verge of knitty gitty of media campaign procedures.

#168 high ranker

high ranker

• posts 33

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:40 AM

Facebook is one of the best social media to get more traffic.In my opinion Facebook ads works better only to get views but it take long time to bring on customer to site or product that you are selling.

#169 igl00

igl00

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 313

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:04 AM

FB works decent. If you have stuff that converts great on socials its worth putting money into this. I have made a post with decent tricks for FB to oprimize ads cheap lately - http://blackhatpwnage.com/facebook-blackhat-growth-tricks-without-spending-alot-of-money/

im sure it will help you alot

BLACKHAT SEO BLOG RUNNING SINCE 2009 - unique methods, to the point articles. READ and SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

#170 vanillablueskyy

vanillablueskyy

• posts 29

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

The CTR for Facebook ads can be pretty abysmal. The people over at PCworld tried it out and got 25 clicks from 253,207 impressions which is a 0.01% clickrate. It's great for exposure but more often than not, not for actual sales.

From my actual experience, Google Adwords is the best form of advertising. They are very targeted and sales conversion can be fantastic if you target the right keywords and have a great landing page. However, cpc these days unlike 10 years ago can be very high indeed.

#171 Millydelev

Millydelev

• posts 1
    • LocationAhmedabad

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

This is all well and good, but the issue is the vast majority of FB users have ad blindness and don't even pay attention to these ads. They view FB more as what Zuckerberg created it to be - a social utility. No one wants advertisers disrupting their socializing. The only reason I pay attention to the ads is because I'm in online marketing. Sometimes the targeting is spot on. Sometimes it's not. I don't think I've ever converted off a FB ad. Liked something? Sure. Purchased something? Nope.

#172 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,408
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

This is all well and good, but the issue is the vast majority of FB users have ad blindness and don't even pay attention to these ads. They view FB more as what Zuckerberg created it to be - a social utility. No one wants advertisers disrupting their socializing. The only reason I pay attention to the ads is because I'm in online marketing. Sometimes the targeting is spot on. Sometimes it's not. I don't think I've ever converted off a FB ad. Liked something? Sure. Purchased something? Nope.

Just because you have failed to make something work does not mean that other people can not be successful at it. It just means that they are doing something you are not or are selling something you are not.

For facebook ads (and social media ads in general) I have personally found that the best way to convert them is to use a two step process rather than try to get them to buy directly from the ads.

Give away a lead magnet to get them on your list and then do the direct selling to them from there rather than selling directly from the ad.

Lots of people ARE finding Facebook ads profitable so yes it can be done.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................