• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: JULY 21 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 Converzly Simon Harries $47.00
    2 SyndRanker: Link Indexer Neil Napier $17.00
    3 Daily IM Alfredo Delgado $27.00
    4 Co Embed John Gibb And Mo Miah $47.00
    5 Viddyoze Template Club Viddyoze $37.00
    6 The Warrior Mindset - Complete Sales Funnel With PLR PLR Sales Funnels $9.95
    7 WebCopyCat Devon Brown $34.95
    8 My Bitcoin Bot Monthly Trading Software Pro $39.00
    9 FB Live Massive Traffic Firesale 2.0 -- Henry Gold (PLR) Henry Gold $19.16
    10 The Commission Machine 2017 Michael Cheney $19.95
    11 Kindle Keyword and Self Publishing Software David Chesson $97.00

Facebook ADs - Do they Work?

• Please log in to reply
    171 replies to this topic

#21 eXe

eXe

• posts 1

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

It works very well. I like using it for leadgen. Facebook is a site where (even smart) people go to chill out and waste time. So if you give something away you can build a pretty good list to follow up on later and sell them something, affiliate or your own product.

Persistence is key

#22 rodelio.lagahit

rodelio.lagahit

• posts 69
    • LocationCebu, Philippines

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

it surely does! been doing it for the last 2-3 years.
    Hire a virtual assistant or a social media manager doing what they're told to do!

#23 Pete15

Pete15

• posts 43

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Does anyone here have a recent experience with FaceBook ads?

I tried that about 5 years ago, just when FaceBook ads came out.

I was advertising seduction related product for young men.
    I loved the fact I could select the demographics so well.

I spend $500 and got about 2000 clicks to my website with no sale!
    While traffic from other sources was converting at about 1%.

FaceBook was a total bust for me, and I have never repeated it since then.

I just assumed that FaceBook people are in the mood of kicking tires, not purchasing products.

So do you guys have a different experience?

Have you tried advertising on PlentyOfFish? http://www.pof.com/

Its got a massive user base, and if you enjoyed targetting your demographics on facebook, you are going to love POF because you can target just about anything. Plus its a dating site, so perhaps your seduction ads will come in handy there.

I have had a tiny dabble with about $50 but never bothered optimizing my campaign.
    Just thought you could look into it as an alternate traffic source.

#24 Pete15

Pete15

• posts 43

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Fyi, heres the advertising link:
    https://ads.pof.com/

#25 webby

webby

• posts 46

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

nevermind

Edited by webby, 29 May 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#26 ahmedbd

ahmedbd

• posts 66

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Yeah same here as well, tried it at the end of last year with some weight loss cpa offer,i got around 900 clicks in 4 days but not a single sale!Spending money on facebook ad is a big waste of money & time :(.

Edited by ahmedbd, 05 June 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Customized & powerful multi tier tier backlink services(web 2.0,wiki,doc,article directories,videos,social bookmarks,social signals & many more...) for only $30!Pm me Here!

#27 BlackIrish

BlackIrish

• posts 19

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Facebook was a total bust for me too - perhaps we are not in the right niche for FB traffic. At least that's my excuse :D

#28 Education Masters

Education Masters

• posts 53

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

GM withdrawing their $40 million from Facebook advertising has the answer to this question!

Also, it is worth noting that Facebook is great to create brand awareness. However, instant sales might not occur there because people go to Facebook to spend the leisure time. Not to search for something to buy.
    education-maniac

#29 webby

webby

• posts 46

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

I think most FB gurus use the ads to try to get people to like their page. Once they build an audience for their business page, they post affiliate links or advertise products (occasionally...do it a lot and people will unlike your page) to their audience. I think most successful FB pages center around topics people can be passionate about...family, pets, politics, certain hobbies, etc.

Anyway, I'm not a FB guru...just have watched a webinar or two on it.

#30 Zarrak Designer

Zarrak Designer

• posts 46
    • Locationdubia

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

It was reported today that automaker GM will no longer be spending $10M of its annual $40M Facebook marketing budget on paid advertisements. The reason? According to Joel Ewanick, GM’s CMO, after months of analysis, he and his team came to the conclusion that the ads’ impact on consumers wasn’t great enough and didn’t warrant such an expensive investment. In short, users just haven’t been clicking through. Today’s announced cutback doesn’t mean GM’s overall commitment to Facebook has waned or that its other investments on the social site aren’t still providing healthy ROI — clearly they are, as GM will continue to allocate $30M toward maintaining its corporate page.

GM’s pullout isn’t likely to cripple or even cause much of a cramp in Facebook’s multi-billion dollar revenue. What it could do, and significantly if others follow GM’s example, is cast doubt on the site’s reportedly $100B+ valuation, set for IPO this Friday. Further complicating Facebook’s case is a new AP/CNBC poll out today that confirms on the user-end what GM discovered: paid advertisements and sponsored content on Facebook aren’t very popular with consumers. With more than 1,000 Facebookers ages 18 and over surveyed, the poll showed an overwhelming 83 percent of respondents “never” or “hardly ever” clicked on brands’ Facebook ads and sponsored content. 12 percent reported they “sometimes” did, and just 4 percent said “often.” Given these numbers, it’s no surprise that GM made the decision it did today. Now, we’ll just have to wait and see if other heavy ad hitters follow suit (Chrysler and Ford have already publicly stated they have no intention of joining GM), and how, if this is the case, a wide-scale retreat will affect the social networking site.

Edited by nouman.zarrak, 08 June 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#31 lsargent

lsargent

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 204
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

the problem with facebook Ads from the brief experience I had with them is that they're just not very targeted, which is why conversions suck. Even if you can pick keywords present on people's profiles for targeting (which if I recall is how you do any type of targeting with a campaign), that doesn't mean they're in the market to buy something related to that necessarily, or at the immediate time.

It's probably better suited for building a list or lead generation than converting sales (in general).

Edited by Logan Sargent, 10 June 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#32 uni379

uni379

• posts 6

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have tried Facebook a couple of times and it has never worked for me. I see many people advertising their facebook fanpages.  Also one thing I have learned is, there are so many other places you can get website traffic from and this is what works for me. Facebook has not worked for me at all whereas other places have.

Enjoyed reading the comments here on this subject.

Edited by uni379, 01 March 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#33 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Noah Kagan from appsumo.com spends around $60,000 a week on Facebook Ads.

If you search Google Images with the term, appsumo ads on facebook

you'll see some of them.

#34 lsargent

lsargent

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 204
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

you'll see some of them.

There's obviously a market for it or people wouldn't be spending that much money if they weren't getting a reasonable ROI for that amount of ad spend. Most of us are probably under-educated about how to put together campaigns effectively. Does anyone have suggestions for a good course/guide they've reviewed that helped with this type of marketing strategy?

#35 VHSEO_Mike

VHSEO_Mike

Advanced Member

• posts 110

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

It depends on a lot of things, but you could use Pinterest. It has been very good for many internet marketers.

#36 NatashaNixon

NatashaNixon

• posts 28
    • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

If you have the capital, time and patience to play the game with facebook ads then you may see some success but it will take a lot of testing, took me over $2000 before I ever made a profit, but it is possible, because I'm doing it.

#37 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

the problem with facebook Ads from the brief experience I had with them is that they're just not very targeted, which is why conversions suck. Even if you can pick keywords present on people's profiles for targeting (which if I recall is how you do any type of targeting with a campaign), that doesn't mean they're in the market to buy something related to that necessarily, or at the immediate time.

It's probably better suited for building a list or lead generation than converting sales (in general).

Something that Brad Gosse said works for him with FB ads is targeting by favourite TV shows rather than stated interests e.g. wannabe entrepreneurs like Dragons' Den, Shark Tank etc.

#38 Derek

Derek

• posts 82

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Something that Brad Gosse said works for him with FB ads is targeting by favourite TV shows rather than stated interests e.g. wannabe entrepreneurs like Dragons' Den, Shark Tank etc.

I'm guessing he's building a community page around that and more or less using it as his list?

I've got a little experience with FB Ads. Better than Adwords regarding cost, but conversions can be a bit of trouble. I'll have to dig around a bit more on this idea. It's definitely a bit of lateral thinking going on...

#39 junkdna

junkdna

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 261
    • LocationLondon

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

you'll see some of them.

Hmmm, I've read so much about AppSumo and Noah Kagan during last week. This must be serendipity. That Noah Kagan had collected 650,000 emails during the period of one year for his software shop and now employs some 5 people in New York, not Taiwan!

Anyway, Marketing on FB is not for nerds (like us, or at least myself). People on FB are in FUN MODE, FB is like a party place. You can not pitch business on party. On a party, you just introduce yourself and try to give something. I had no success with FB, but path seems to be: give them a freebee > get email > keep them amused > than pitch them with a sale.

On Google people are in TASK MODE, actively trying to find something and get over with it. That is why just simply presenting an offer, with zero engagement, converts at 1-2%.

Another thing, you must have solid Disclosure and T&C or FB will shut you down in no time. Be careful not to abuse other people trademarks as well, because that can get FB in trouble.
    Guys With Brains Work For Guys With Balls,
    Guys With Balls Work For Luck.

#40 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,233

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

It works very well. I like using it for leadgen. Facebook is a site where (even smart) people go to chill out and waste time. So if you give something away you can build a pretty good list to follow up on later and sell them something, affiliate or your own product.

Persistence is key

A lot of it is getting the free bribe right - through experimentation of course.