RobertR

Facebook ADs - Do they Work?

Facebook Ads aren't work greatly and not a much effective. Facebook Ads haven't succeed to bring traffic on the website as search engine do.

And you know this how? How many niches have you tested?

There is very rarely a one size fits all answer to these types of questions.

While face book ads do not work for a lot (maybe most) niches there are some niches that do convert fairly well. You have to really do a good job of matching the offer to the demographic you are targetting. I know of a couple of people doing fairly well on facebook but I know a lot more people making little or no profit.

I think facebook likes and shares work more than FB ads if it is done in organic way and natural likes as we do in social bookmarking. and also Twitter followers also helps you getting more brand awareness and increasing sales.

I tested ads at the FB during 3 days, promoting bag products - there was no sales. But I got many likes for my FB page, I call this as list building. I will try to promote another items to my FB page which has many likes (without the ads) and hope to make sales. :)

Edited by himanuzo

Facebook ads do work.

Your trying to shove your product or service down their throats, of course your not going to make any money.

It's all about them, not you.

First find out what the people want, then find a offer that matches, then give it to them simple

Test, test , test

not the other way around which is what your trying to do now.

Nigel

I tested ads at the FB during 3 days, promoting bag products - there was no sales. But I got many likes for my FB page, I call this as list building. I will try to promote another items to my FB page which has many likes (without the ads) and hope to make sales. :)

that's a good start keep it up and you will get viewers then facebook also has to take time but not too long like other marketing ways

I too had tried facebook ads but it did'nt work for me too.The reason beyond that might be, all the people who uses facebook are interested only in contacting and chatting with their friends or other people.I mean people use facebook platform for just a relaxation by playing games or chatting with their friends.From that kind of platform generating a sale is highly impossible as i feel.I realized this and had given up the facebook ads campaign as they did'nt work for me.

I too had tried facebook ads but it did'nt work for me too.The reason beyond that might be, all the people who uses facebook are interested only in contacting and chatting with their friends or other people.I mean people use facebook platform for just a relaxation by playing games or chatting with their friends.From that kind of platform generating a sale is highly impossible as i feel.I realized this and had given up the facebook ads campaign as they did'nt work for me.

it just needs a lot of effort and the outcome will be more than great.

Hi guys

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am interested in running some Facebook PPC ads.

I have an 'amazon style' affiliate site and am currently running Google adwords fairly successfully.

Are any of you aware of any case studies, videos etc which would give a good understanding of how to set up a successful FB PPC campaign?

I'm entirely new to this (Facebook, not affiliate marketing) but am trying to diversify my traffic as much as possible, even if the cost per order works out a little higher on FB than a Googler.

Thanks

I just noticed something pretty important on my news feed...

For all the 'fan' pages... Facebook is trying to squeeze profit since they are losing a lot from mobile users who don't see as many ads compared to being on a computer. So, they are now going to charge you to post updates. This is huge for a lot of people who either have fake users as if you don't pay 7% of the followers will get your post, and only if you update your facebook repeatedly to let people know that they will only get a non paid for update if they set their newsfeed settings to show them. So, if you have fake facebook followers, then you now are getting that 7% of people who may actually only be like 1% of your actual people following. Not sure about the prices, but this is pretty big for people who thought Facebook was just a nice free way to repeatedly send out updates.

I know this only from research. But there are several different ways to monetize FB traffic. Marketeers mostly use it as a community development tool or a list building tool. It is very similar to owing a forum, but without overhead of having stuff, maintenance, spam cleaning etc. Downside is that if FB does not like your face they can shut you down as they please. FB is very sensitive about type of product, so get rich quick, hot dating, e-cigs, gambling etc. are off the table.

Some people use it like SEO. They never buy any FB ads, they just keep on being useful and entertaining to their members. Each time they produce a new FB post, that post is shown on every subscriber's page, so their friends can see it. Practically, your subscribers become your promoters and you can get lots of traffic that way.

Than some marketeers send traffic from banner ads to a FB fan page, with 'Like-me-to-get-freebie' squeeze and than they build the list. That with combination of site with opit-in box. You loose advantage of accurate demographic targeting, but there is less compliance agro.

It seems, that marketeers who are successful on FB are not promoting offers involving payments. More like email, ZIP etc. submits.

Yeah, you are right, they may not be willing to give you credit card, but they will probably give you email for exchange for the free info.

Or take some kind of "Social Action"

:D Yeah, I love those.

The thing is that I've seen so many people say "Facebook Ads can be really profitable these days."

but with no real proof whatsoever.

I have seen success with physical products. Sold a lot of t shirts.

Yep.. I was going to try out Facebook ADs, but after all i have read enough here in this thread about it. And i think, I changed my mind!

Edited by SEOman