pointSEOshot

Is Adding Business to Wikipedia Reasonable Request?

Hello,

I work in SEO company as entry level SEO and working with a client of physical goods company.

I was asked by my manager to make Wikipedia page dedicated to that physical goods company.

My question is how reasonable such a request is for someone who is an entry SEO?

Is it something that is a project in itself and must be handled by senior SEO? 

Also, since Wikipedia is an encyclopedia and heavily moderated website I am not sure of how

long the page will stay there after being successfully created. Is such a request legit in itself?

14 hours ago, doankimchi2006 said:

No, it's too hard, from what I have experienced :(

Is it too hard for beginner SEO or senior SEO as well?

Can you describe your experience with it?

Are you working in SEO agency and how many years of experience do you have?

Edited by pointSEOshot

On the other hand, company's competitors are on Wikipedia.

I don't know how they got on it but manager noticed this and wanted me to bring out client on Wikipedia as well

because if they can be on Wikipedia, why can't we? We are competing in the same space after all.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:10 PM, pointSEOshot said:

On the other hand, company's competitors are on Wikipedia.

I don't know how they got on it but manager noticed this and wanted me to bring out client on Wikipedia as well

because if they can be on Wikipedia, why can't we? We are competing in the same space after all.

I want to do the same but my TL told me that he tried it but after few days google delete the page when he added links.!

Can you provide the wiki-links of your competitor which are on wiki? 

maybe we can get something from their page!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ohioguitarman
      RoamTheRock.Com

BIN $85

1st Reg 2002
      Expires: 2/1/18
      Reg Name.com
      GLOBAL RANK:    14363423
      DOMAIN WEBZYRANK: 2.63
      DOMAIN LINKS: 14
      Domain Authority: 10
      Page Authority: 24
      mozRank: 4.5
      Domain mozRank: 3.07
      Backlinks (EDU / GOV): 425 (2 / 0)
      Domains (EDU / GOV): 51 (1 / 0)
      IP addresses (Class C subnets):    45 (42)
      Fake PageRank Checker: PR is valid

Things To Consider:
      1. Travel websites have a wide range of topics to include in their content. Hotel reviews, airfare prices, and accommodation choices are obvious examples, but really only scratch the surface.
      2. Well-written, helpful content is what separates the average online travel website from the exceptional. One of the unchanging rules of the Internet is to offer good content, and eventually search engines and site visitors will recognize your efforts.
      3. If you include a sign-up newsletter on your site, you can include snippets of new site content in the newsletter with links to the full online articles.

Search Overview:
        Avg Search Results (keyword):    7,540
        Avg Search Results (sld):    5,140

BIN $85

Free push to Name.com account.
      ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED!
      Paypal, Payza, Visa & Mastercard
    • By ohioguitarman
      worldtiger.net - created: August 2008
      GLOBAL RANK: 8698909
      DOMAIN WEBZYRANK: 4.34
      DA - 11
      PA - 24
      DOMAIN LINKS: 582
      Backlinks (EDU / GOV): 2116 (0 / 0)
      Domains (EDU / GOV): 561 (0 / 0)

.net represents the word "network," and is most commonly used by Internet service providers, Web-hosting companies or other businesses that are directly involved in the infrastructure of the Internet. Additionally, some businesses choose domain names with a .net extension for their intranet Websites.

Overall, your domain is going to increase with value as more and more people find your information online. This means the weight your domain plays in your business’s/organization’s marketing is critical. Does your domain make sense? Does it sound fun, cool, interesting, descriptive, flowing? Not just to you but to your mom, uncle, kids, neighborhood barber? Try a test, clearly tell a few people the proposed domain name; then wait one week, and ask them if they can repeat the domain back to you. Reg@Name.com

Please login or register to see this link.

BIN/Make Offer: Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By ohioguitarman
      AUNT.BE IS FOR SALE

REGISTERED WITH GODADDY

SEE AD AT ECRATER: Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By stevejones003
      This website is 7 letter  brandable domain.
      USA approved Google News for months.
      Niche is Business/Finance but name is generic enough for many niches.(starts with "money")

Website is not monetized. 

Best for someone who wants to get started quickly and does not have to wait for months to know whether site got approved or not.

Payment through Escrow.

You can make offers starting from $2.7k.

Price rational: It takes at least 500-600+ news articles with at least 3-5 months of regular publication history to have a good chance of approval. Even then there is almost decent chance of rejection on various grounds. This will help you to get started in instant and you will get thousands of visitors as soon as you start publishing content,

You can monetize using adsense or CPA/affiliate in business/finance niche.

Background: It was a JV. The original plan was to use this news portal to grow email list in financial niche. But,the other partner is not able to give enough time for the conversion funnel due to personal issues. Ideally,I would look for another JV partner but I decided to let it go.

Contact: PM me with your offer or question. You can add stevejones003 in Skype. 
    • By profitpursuits
      I'm getting ready to launch a case study where I'll be building a new niche site from scratch. 

I'll be sharing all the strategies I use to build and grow the site over time.

I just wanted to make this post to get your input on how you'd like to see a niche case study like this proceed.

I'm even open to suggestions on the niche to target.

The main point is to test out some of the popular strategies for social media, and seo to see if we can build a site naturally.

Let me know if this is something that you'd be interested in following.

Cheers!