PeterPan23

How to rank better for Google Places?

Question

Hey guys,

Have a potential client that will also wanna rank in the Google Places section when you search a local keyword term. Example San Francisco Jeans.

Is this any different from Local SEO? Very much appreciated! Thank you!

8 answers to this question

Google Places is one part of Local SEO as there are plenty of other ways to reach local audiences.

Of course, it's a rather significant part and there are certain steps you will need to undertake to make your client rank higher. You should start by checking what Google says about local ranking and how to start improving it: 

Please login or register to see this link.

You can't optimise Google Places anymore. There is nowhere to add a description of your business. Google Places are shown when the search is done from a Zip Code near to the one entered on the paces listing and is also influenced by how well your website is optimised

have listed on google my business?

Yes I have! Well at least I already see it show up for a few keywords, so that's good. Now I need to make blog with content for more keywords etc. Eventually I will be building their e-commerce store too with Shopify. I know about paid advertising but just trying to inform myself more on how to get organic traffic.

You can't optimise Google Places anymore. There is nowhere to add a description of your business. Google Places are shown when the search is done from a Zip Code near to the one entered on the paces listing and is also influenced by how well your website is optimised

I noticed it spits out places always surrounding your location (Google places). I assume the ranks change in one part of the city to the other etc . I want to test that soon from another region.

EDIT: I just moved the map to another part of the city and the Google Places listings changed! Oh well...it's good to be there at least, but not that great, as I thought it would have been.

Edited by PeterPan23

you can use your main keyword into Business Name while you add information. it will help you to rank in local listing while customers search for ex. "San Francisco Jeans".

Choose a proper category in business listing.

Hey guys,

Have a potential client that will also wanna rank in the Google Places section when you search a local keyword term. Example San Francisco Jeans.

have listed on google my business?

Hey guys,

To Rank organically, you have to Do on page and Off page activities.

Blog is a great idea. but take care of Keyword density.

Don't stuff keywords or else it will look spammy.!

Yes I have! Well at least I already see it show up for a few keywords, so that's good. Now I need to make blog with content for more keywords etc. Eventually I will be building their e-commerce store too with Shopify. I know about paid advertising but just trying to inform myself more on how to get organic traffic.

I noticed it spits out places always surrounding your location (Google places). I assume the ranks change in one part of the city to the other etc . I want to test that soon from another region.

EDIT: I just moved the map to another part of the city and the Google Places listings changed! Oh well...it's good to be there at least, but not that great, as I thought it would have been.