I'm using terry's wpx hosting for my main moneysites these days and see they have a free/easy ssl setup for all domains...I've never done it before...a ticket into support should be easy enough, but also wanted to ask a few questions here

i would like to add ssl to all of my sites for the trust factor and the google ranking benefits..how does this affect site structure and how i backlink my site? does it 301 redirect the

Please login or register to see this link.

version to the new

version and do I start using the s version for the url that i backlink to from now on? How does that affect previous links built to the regular version?

I guess the best thing to do is have ssl added right from the very start for any/all new domains...but I have plenty of existing ones that I need to sort out here now.

Thanks

I did see this related post but was unsure if this was the best way to go about this 

I'm using terry's wpx hosting for my main moneysites these days and see they have a free/easy ssl setup for all domains...I've never done it before...a ticket into support should be easy enough, but also wanted to ask a few questions here

i would like to add ssl to all of my sites for the trust factor and the google ranking benefits..how does this affect site structure and how i backlink my site? does it 301 redirect the

version to the new

version and do I start using the s version for the url that i backlink to from now on? How does that affect previous links built to the regular version?

I guess the best thing to do is have ssl added right from the very start for any/all new domains...but I have plenty of existing ones that I need to sort out here now.

Thanks

I did see this related post but was unsure if this was the best way to go about this 

One of the videos at the top of the forum is a walk through showing how to add an ssl cert and it takes less than a minute

I would use secure urls going forward

When I used the redirect you linked to I did see some ranking fluxuations for about 10 days but then it settled down back to where it was before I made the change.

One of the videos at the top of the forum is a walk through showing how to add an ssl cert and it takes less than a minute

I would use secure urls going forward

When I used the redirect you linked to I did see some ranking fluxuations for about 10 days but then it settled down back to where it was before I made the change.

So is this kind of redirect the same as a 301 or does it replace it and works the same way?