PeterPan23

What happened to Google Keyword Planner?

Hey guys,

My software stopped working and cannot seem to find the Google Keyword Planner to manually check for search volume etc.

Does anybody know what's going on? 

How are you checking for keywords and their approx search volume?

Thank you!

Edited by PeterPan23

Hey guys,

My software stopped working and cannot seem to find the Google Keyword Planner to manually check for search volume etc.

Does anybody know what's going on? 

How are you checking for keywords and their approx search volume?

Thank you!

I believe that Google shut down access to it around the first of the year unless you are running an adwords campaign. 

I believe that Google shut down access to it around the first of the year unless you are running an adwords campaign. 

First of the year?

I was using it about a month or 2 ago with no problem. It must have happened sometime late summer or something. It was awesome to see approx. monthly search volume for longtails keywords etc.

Now I have no clue what keywords get what!

It does seem like they have discontinued Keyword Planner which some softwares used also

Anyhow thank you for your reply!

First of the year?

I was using it about a month or 2 ago with no problem. It must have happened sometime late summer or something. It was awesome to see approx. monthly search volume for longtails keywords etc.

Now I have no clue what keywords get what!

It does seem like they have discontinued Keyword Planner which some softwares used also

Anyhow thank you for your reply!

Google  announced it back in late Dec early Jan that they were going to shut down access which is probably when she heard it. They usually take awhile when they shut down services to give people a chance to move to something else. 

Google  announced it back in late Dec early Jan that they were going to shut down access which is probably when she heard it. They usually take awhile when they shut down services to give people a chance to move to something else. 

Thank you for your reply JeffTibbs. 

Do you recommend anything else where we can measure search volume etc?

EDIT: I see KWFinder working not too bad...

There is a few actually. Which do you find is the best?

Also, if Google does not release this information any longer how will 3rd parties measure their search volume ?

Thank you!

Edited by PeterPan23

I have been using these

Please login or register to see this link.

browser extension  

Thanks! I see there is several! Gonna dig deeper. Many thanks to your advice!

Was easier to see search volume, CPC, Competition etc within some free tools. Guess gotta pay monthly more less now to get all the features

Edited by PeterPan23

I have been using these

browser extension  

Recently tried keywords everywhere, not 100% sure if I will keep it but I like it so far.