Camtasia is the top of the line choice but it is pretty expensive. You might look at CamStudio which is an open source free alternative. It is actually pretty good though a little clunkier.

TechSmith (makers of Camtasia) also make a lower priced screen capture called snagit that sells for $50 which you can try for free for a couple of weeks. 

It really depends on whether you are going to be importing any video or just doing screen captures. The more you plan on doing the more complicated the software is going to be which increases the learning curve.

Thanks

Camtasia is pretty pricy. I will try Camstudio and if that does not work probably go with snagit for $50

How many videos do you guys create on a weekly or monthly basis? I have been working on creating some but it seems like it is taking more time than I thought it would. 

They get quicker after you have been doing it awhile. I try to 1-2 a week but they are usually short sub 5 min videos and I probably spend about an hour each getting them put together. 

How many videos do you guys create on a weekly or monthly basis? I have been working on creating some but it seems like it is taking more time than I thought it would. 

Also do not over think them. Your videos do not have to be some perfect "made in Hollywood" quality  video. People do not expect that, what you do need to do is get your point across in a way that the viewer will understand. 

They get quicker after you have been doing it awhile. I try to 1-2 a week but they are usually short sub 5 min videos and I probably spend about an hour each getting them put together. 

I seem to be spending too much time on them if that is the case. 

Also do not over think them. Your videos do not have to be some perfect "made in Hollywood" quality  video. People do not expect that, what you do need to do is get your point across in a way that the viewer will understand. 

And this is probably why. I might need to relax a bit on getting them perfect and rethink my process. 

A really good article over on the Conversion Sciences website on creating high converting videos. If you are using videos in your marketing it is something you should take a look at.

Please login or register to see this link.

That is some great info on videos. Glad you posted it.