Sign in to follow this  
jackdorsey

What are the best tools for checking backlinks?

I think most SEOs would say that Ahrefs and SEMRush are one of the best tools out there. 

However, like everything good, these tools do cost quite a bit (subscription).

Having said that one tool that is free and not too bad (though it has ads everywhere and it not the prettiest) is backlinkwatch.com

i think this all are the top back link checker tools,i am using google search console and SEMrush.

Top 10 Backlink Checker Tools

1. Majestic SEO

2. Ahrefs

3. Open Site Explorer

4. Google Search Console

5. SEMrush

6. Backlink Watch

7. Rank Signals

8. Open Link Profiler

9. Buzz Sumo

10. Kerboo

Which is the best tools for the backlink checker..?

There is no true best one in my experience because many different programs will give you different results. So its best to have a couple of programs for checking backlinks to your site.

A free and essential one is Google Web Master Tools, in the search console you can click "Links to your site" to view a variety.

If I had to decide one paid back link program, I would go with Ahrefs as it can really help your ranking if you know what your doing SEO wise. The one con with Ahrefs is they don't pick up everything especially if your website has a low domain rating.

If you have the money I would recommend Ahrefs, SemRush & Moz Pro.

I have tried many free tools but they are not showing the actual metrics. As i have got various data showing form particular tools.

That is confusing.

Please recommend some Free tools that would work correctly.

Agreed,

Does anyone have any free tools of value to recommend? 

There are both free and paid options to help you to improve ranking of your website. Here are our picks for the top 7 backlink checker tools:

• Ahrefs
  • Google Search Console
  • Backlink Watch
  • Open Link Profiler
  • Buzz Sumo
  • Kerboo
  • Majestic SEO

In my experience, I would recommend using SEO Spyglass. It helps you to gain a strong knowledge of your competitor’s backlinks to get a feel for their strategy, identify that brand’s strengths and weaknesses, and determine where your links intersect. This knowledge puts you in a much better position to build quality links to your own website.