• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: JULY 25 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 VideoBuilder App Paul Ponna $39.95
    2 BacklinkMachine Unlimited Sites License Ankur Shukla $19.93
    3 Viddyoze Template Club Viddyoze $37.00
    4 Converzly Simon Harries $57.00
    5 [PLR] Payment Defender - Prevent Your Paypal From Being Shut Down! Wealthy PLR $18.69
    6 Daily IM Alfredo Delgado $27.00
    7 Zen Titan 2 Memeplex Limited $7.00
    8 Healthy Meal Planning & Prep PLR Ruth Pound $7.69
    9 Builderall Internet Marketing Platform - Special Promo e-Business4us INC. $47.90
    10 #Gifzign Club Youzign $9.99
    11 Kindle Keyword and Self Publishing Software David Chesson $97.00

Colors & Conversions in e-Commerce Design

conversions Web Design eCommerce Conversion Rate Optimization

• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,897
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:23 AM

An interesting (at least I found it so) article on the use of color on your site and how it can affect conversion. 

The psychology of color is a subject of strong disagreement in marketing. We know we need it, and we’d like there to be a list of rules to follow that remain the same in all instances – but there isn’t. Color preference, associations, and color cause and effect, vary widely between individuals and cultures.

So, what we’re left with is what we’ve always been left with…

We have to design based on close research of our target audience – and that goes for colors too.

That’s not to say that there aren’t valuable guidelines for color selection that are grounded in science – there are (and they’re outlined below).

Here is what we know, what we think, and what has been proven to work when it comes to color and conversion in e-commerce design.

Colors & Conversions in e-Commerce Design

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#2 LexxJuan

LexxJuan

• posts 26

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

The problem with the whole color thing is that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there. When looking at other factors that affect conversions and the different aspects of web design you see a lot of tests that show similar results. When it comes to color that does not seem to be the case with conclusions all over the place. 

It does make it hard to figure out which way to go. 

#3 JoeB

JoeB

• posts 60

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

The problem with the whole color thing is that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there. When looking at other factors that affect conversions and the different aspects of web design you see a lot of tests that show similar results. When it comes to color that does not seem to be the case with conclusions all over the place. 

It does make it hard to figure out which way to go. 

Part of the problem with colors is that your niche and target demographic group make a big difference in what colors work better. There are some overall guidelines but once you start getting into specifics what color combos work best changes quite a bit. 

#4 Kali DJ

Kali DJ

• posts 40

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

In my testing I have not really seen any measurable difference in conversions with specific colors. In testing different button colors etc they all seemed to work about the same. However how much my ctas standout from the rest of the page do make a difference. Red, Orange, Green, even purple did not really matter as long as it stands out and the eye is drawn to it so the visitor knows it is something different from the rest of the page.  

#5 anastasia romanov

anastasia romanov

• posts 51

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

In my testing I have not really seen any measurable difference in conversions with specific colors. In testing different button colors etc they all seemed to work about the same. However how much my ctas standout from the rest of the page do make a difference. Red, Orange, Green, even purple did not really matter as long as it stands out and the eye is drawn to it so the visitor knows it is something different from the rest of the page.  

I have seen the same thing. As long as your CTA stands out and your colors are consistent on your site the actual colors seem to not matter all that much. 

#6 LexxJuan

LexxJuan

• posts 26

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

That is pretty much what I have seen when doing color tests. The specific colors do not seem to matter that much but the combination of them on your site and CTAs do matter so that you make sure the visitor sees what you want them to see and act on. 

#7 dndyer

dndyer

• posts 1

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

Very good sharing with us and i like to everything heard.

Edited by dndyer, 05 May 2017 - 07:15 PM.