Sign in to follow this  
Jackmathew

Domain Authority vs Page Authority

Question

20 answers to this question

Are there any kinds of links that are best for building your DA and PA?

Pretty much any kinds of links will do. It is fairly easy to build up your numbers even using lower quality links if you build them in volume. You just have to balance this against what those links will do to your rankings on Google.

Are there any kinds of links that are best for building your DA and PA?

Like Drocs said just about any links will do, DA is much easier to game then PR was. However....

You have to be careful because if you build too many questionable links to raise your DA you can hurt yourself in the serps. 

The best thing to do is focus on things that actually make you money. Having a high DA site is not going to make you any money unless you plan on selling links but ranking well is going to get you traffic and make you money. 

Never lose site of the goal. 

Do you guys spend much time on DA and PA numbers? I have never really thought they were very important. They really are just made up numbers by a company that has nothing to do with Google so how much can they really matter?

Like Drocs said just about any links will do, DA is much easier to game then PR was. However....

You have to be careful because if you build too many questionable links to raise your DA you can hurt yourself in the serps. 

The best thing to do is focus on things that actually make you money. Having a high DA site is not going to make you any money unless you plan on selling links but ranking well is going to get you traffic and make you money. 

Never lose site of the goal. 

So basically ignore it unless I plan on selling links. 

Do you guys spend much time on DA and PA numbers? I have never really thought they were very important. They really are just made up numbers by a company that has nothing to do with Google so how much can they really matter?

I do not really consider them at all. I am not really a big fan of the thought that the numbers from third parties with no connection to Google and a completely different business model mean all that much. 

So basically ignore it unless I plan on selling links. 

Very much yes....

I do not really consider them at all. I am not really a big fan of the thought that the numbers from third parties with no connection to Google and a completely different business model mean all that much. 

What numbers do you usually look at when deciding on how much a domain or links are worth?

What numbers do you usually look at when deciding on how much a domain or links are worth?

I look at the links themselves and the sites they are coming from. 

Now you can (and probably should?) use the PA/DA numbers as a sorting tool. There is no sense in spending time looking at a bunch of domains with really low numbers. However I do not assume that just because a domain has high numbers that it is worth buying.

Also I am not currently buying many domains and when I do I have been buying websites that are up and running and somewhat ranked (usually pages 2-10) rather than dropped domains that I have to rebuild from scratch.  

Domain Authority

Domain authority is calculated on the basis of age and size of complete domain.Search engine will gave domain authority on scale of (1-100)

Page Authority

Page authority is calculated on the basis of relevancy of a particular page.

Now you can (and probably should?) use the PA/DA numbers as a sorting tool. There is no sense in spending time looking at a bunch of domains with really low numbers. However I do not assume that just because a domain has high numbers that it is worth buying.

Also I am not currently buying many domains and when I do I have been buying websites that are up and running and somewhat ranked (usually pages 2-10) rather than dropped domains that I have to rebuild from scratch.  

I would think that would more expensive than buying expired domains. What is the benefit?

I would think that would more expensive than buying expired domains. What is the benefit?

Time and the knowledge that there is no risk involved. 

I do not have to waste time putting together a website because it is already up and running. 

I do not have to worry about the chance that Google is not going to like the domain for one reason or another because it is already indexed and sort of ranking. 

Time and the knowledge that there is no risk involved. 

I do not have to waste time putting together a website because it is already up and running. 

I do not have to worry about the chance that Google is not going to like the domain for one reason or another because it is already indexed and sort of ranking. 

Do you buy many domains this way> How much do you normally pay?

Do you just buy domains like this for links or do you also try and make some money off them. 

Do you just buy domains like this for links or do you also try and make some money off them. 

Usually when I am looking for sites it is for the links. However if I run across a site that looks like I could easily monetize then I am always up for doing so. 

domain authority is primarily important as it considers whole of your domain but not only the page.. To increase your DA, make sure that you should give more backlinks on different websites

Don't care about outdated metrics, only focus on boosting your authority in the eyes of Google. Get backlinks from locally or niche relevant websites that receive traffic, promote your website online through social media channels, write kick-ass content, engage with your users, make sure that they love your site and stay long enough to send a positive signal to the SERPs. That's how you boost your authority.