• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed

• CloudBoss.pro

Ranking Multiple Domains to Own More SERP Real Estate

SEO Search Whiteboard Friday MOZ SERPs Search Engine Ranking

• Please log in to reply
    39 replies to this topic

#21 Kali DJ

Kali DJ

• posts 25

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:51 AM

Pretty much all there is to it. Just drop them an email and ask if they are interested. You will find that a lot of the sites on pages 2+ are not really monetized all that well so finding someone to sell you some link space is pretty easy. Now quite often you will not get a response or sometimes they are not interested so you just move on and contact the other sites. I usually do them in batches of five at a time rather than just one.

What percentage of site owners get back to you and are good with selling you a link or ad space?

#22 ALashayG

ALashayG

• posts 6

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

I am interested as well. I went ahead and sent out 10 requests last week and have not heard back from anyone. Is this something you have to do in bulk to get enough responses?

#23 hostmaster1234

hostmaster1234

• posts 6

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

I am interested as well. I went ahead and sent out 10 requests last week and have not heard back from anyone. Is this something you have to do in bulk to get enough responses?

It would depend on the niche really. IMO I could see some niches being quite fruitful whereas others probably nada !

https://www.cheapwebhosting-uk.co.uk - Hosting from £7.50 per year with discount code!!!

#24 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

What percentage of site owners get back to you and are good with selling you a link or ad space?

It does depend somewhat on the niche. You also have to look at the site, if it looks like there has not been any action on it for awhile the contact page might not be the best choice and you may need to find a direct email or maybe a social media account. 

It is somewhat a numbers game, if nobody gets back to you just keep on contacting other sites until you get the number you want. 

Also when contacting them make sure you are making it clear that you want to give them money as your email is less likely to be ignored. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#25 The Snap

The Snap

• posts 21

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:18 AM

It does depend somewhat on the niche. You also have to look at the site, if it looks like there has not been any action on it for awhile the contact page might not be the best choice and you may need to find a direct email or maybe a social media account. 

It is somewhat a numbers game, if nobody gets back to you just keep on contacting other sites until you get the number you want. 

Also when contacting them make sure you are making it clear that you want to give them money as your email is less likely to be ignored. 

How many sites do you usually get links from? Is there a certain number that works the best?

#26 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

How many sites do you usually get links from? Is there a certain number that works the best?

I look at it from an ROI standpoint. How much does it make sense to spend on a page to rank it vs how much income it is going to produce. There is no set number of links or dollar amount as that depends on how much income the site can produce. You want to keep your expenses lower than your income. 

This seems like a basic idea but I have run into many instances where it gets lost in the process of ranking a site. The biggest reason site owners fail is not because they could not find a way to have a site produce income but because they spent too much money to get too little income. People get focused on ranking a site and lose site of the primary purpose which is making an actual profit. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#27 D rocs

D rocs

• posts 26

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:03 AM

I usually end up with about 10% getting back to me and maybe half of those working out some kind of arrangement. The farther you go down the more likely the site owner is going to be willing to work something out since they tend to not be making any money off the site.

#28 Digital 101

Digital 101

• posts 17

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

I look at it from an ROI standpoint. How much does it make sense to spend on a page to rank it vs how much income it is going to produce. There is no set number of links or dollar amount as that depends on how much income the site can produce. You want to keep your expenses lower than your income. 

This seems like a basic idea but I have run into many instances where it gets lost in the process of ranking a site. The biggest reason site owners fail is not because they could not find a way to have a site produce income but because they spent too much money to get too little income. People get focused on ranking a site and lose site of the primary purpose which is making an actual profit. 

Is it really that widespread that it is the biggest reason people fail in seo? I would not think that would be the case. 

#29 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

Is it really that widespread that it is the biggest reason people fail in seo? I would not think that would be the case. 

Way more than you would think. 

The problem is that once someone gets invested in ranking a site they lose site of the main goal of making a profit and get fixated on what should be the secondary goal of ranking their site and keywords.

I see it on a regular basis. The problem is that people get emotionally invested in their sites and in the process of ranking and end up throwing good money after bad. The best way to stay profitable is to be very aggressive in culling failures, they happen to everyone but the people who end up making money recognize them early and cull them immediately. 

#30 ShelbyLaurance

ShelbyLaurance

• posts 3

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

This is something you generally do once you have a site at the top or at least very close to it. Most of the time you want to already want to be at #1 but then again sometimes that is not really possible. For instance there is a large old site that has the #1 spot locked down but you are pretty solid in the #2 spot. If at that point  your chances of getting that #1 slot is slim to none then the next best thing is getting extra spots on the front page. 

That is one thing that ranking videos is great for. Searches will drop down a few spots and skip the spots above it to click on a video. Getting a video ranked at 3-4 will sometimes get you more traffic than the #1 spot normally get (as long as it is above the fold so people see it). It just sucks traffic away from the spots above and below it. 

That is some good info. I have been thinking about trying to rank some videos and was trying to decide if it would be worth doing or not and this makes it seem like a very good idea. 

#31 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

That is some good info. I have been thinking about trying to rank some videos and was trying to decide if it would be worth doing or not and this makes it seem like a very good idea. 

Youtube videos are most definitely worth ranking

#32 landofthefallingsun

landofthefallingsun

• posts 29

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

Yes ranking youtube videos is worth doing and seem to be from my experience fairly easy to rank. The only time I have had trouble is when there are already videos ranked because then you have to beat out a video that is more established. 

#33 Agent Smith

Agent Smith

• posts 20

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

Youtube videos are most definitely worth ranking

Yes ranking youtube videos is worth doing and seem to be from my experience fairly easy to rank. The only time I have had trouble is when there are already videos ranked because then you have to beat out a video that is more established. 

When there are already videos ranking is there anything in particular you look at to see if you are going to be able to beat the existing video? I have been checking and a lot of my target keywords already have videos ranking and I really have no idea what it would take to beat them. 

#34 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

When there are already videos ranking is there anything in particular you look at to see if you are going to be able to beat the existing video? I have been checking and a lot of my target keywords already have videos ranking and I really have no idea what it would take to beat them. 

I look at the video itself to see who much action it is getting and then at the channel it is on. I have not done any real testing but from what I have seen the channel seems to matter more than the video itself. If the channel is a popular one with a lot of action it is going to be much harder to beat the video. 

#35 Bennett Cooper

Bennett Cooper

• posts 2

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

Another way to use sites that rank in your niche is for the links.  You can find sites that are either at the bottom of the first page or even because you can buy them cheaper down a page or two and then link to your main site. Having several sites in the first few pages linking to your site can give you a big boost in the rankings. 

How much do you usually have to pay for sites farther down off the first page or 2?

#36 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

How much do you usually have to pay for sites farther down off the first page or 2?

It varies a lot depending on niche and position. I have paid as much as $500 and as little as $25. I prefer to keep it under $150 if possible, I generally prefer to buy a domain for a cheaper amount and  build the domain up than spend a lot for a domain. 

#37 Morrill

Morrill

• posts 1

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

It varies a lot depending on niche and position. I have paid as much as $500 and as little as $25. I prefer to keep it under $150 if possible, I generally prefer to buy a domain for a cheaper amount and  build the domain up than spend a lot for a domain. 

Are you buying these domains just for the links or are you buying domains that are making money?

#38 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

Are you buying these domains just for the links or are you buying domains that are making money?

Most of the time for the links but I do monetize them when I can. In fact even some of my PBN sites rank well enough to throw off some income. 

#39 Agent Smith

Agent Smith

• posts 20

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

I look at the video itself to see who much action it is getting and then at the channel it is on. I have not done any real testing but from what I have seen the channel seems to matter more than the video itself. If the channel is a popular one with a lot of action it is going to be much harder to beat the video. 

When you are talking about action you mean views, likes, and comments correct? So even if a particular video does not have much if the account does than that makes it harder to beat?

#40 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,413
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

When you are talking about action you mean views, likes, and comments correct? So even if a particular video does not have much if the account does than that makes it harder to beat?

Yes and yes. You can sometimes see videos ranking and you look at them and they are new and without much in the way of like, views, comments yet but then you look at the channel and it is pretty stout. Now obviously a video that has both is going to be even harder to beat but from what I have seen a strong channel makes a big difference.