• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

WPX Hosting by Terry Kyle

WPX Hosting – owned by Traffic Planet founder, Terry Kyle - is the ONLY hosting service recommended by Thrive Themes) – use promo code WPX-LOVES-TRAFFIC-PLANET for $1 first month (‘Business Plan’)

10 Reasons Why WPX Hosting Should Be Your Managed WordPress Hosting Provider:

1. Staging Area w/- UNIQUE functionality – merge your Staging site version with the Live site version WITHOUT losing new blog comments or post/page changes on the Live site since the Staging version was created
    2. WPX Hosting’s 24/7/365 Support Team AVERAGE under 30 seconds response time, according to Live Chat Inc (the independent live chat platform used by WPX Hosting)
    3. “FIXED FOR YOU” Guarantee: Unlike old-school hosting company support that sends you a link to an article when you get into technical trouble & expects you to fix the issue, we do it for you, FAST & FREE (and we can still send you an article link if you want!). WPX Hosting is like your own F1 pit crew, ready 24/7/365 to get your technical problems resolved fast.
    4. SUPERFAST high-end new SSD servers deliberately UNDERloaded for high performance under extreme traffic loads (e.g. email marketing broadcasts, product launches)
    5. UNLIMITED Free Google-Sponsored SSL Certificates Installed & Active In Under 10 Seconds (Watch Video Here)
    6. PHP 7.X Enabled (Plus Earlier Versions) + http2 enabled + enterprise-level Incapsula DDOS protection on ALL plans
    7. Unlimited FREE Site Migration from your current host to WPX Hosting Within 24 Hours, 7 Days A Week
    8. Fully Managed WordPress Hosting With FREE Email Included (Unlike Many Others)
    9. US servers Located In The World's Largest Datacenter Along With America's Financial Infrastructure, UK servers in London too.
    10. WPX Hosting Is Trusted With 50 Million+ Page Views Every Month

OK, Google: How Do I Optimize My Site for Voice Search?

Voice Search Mobile Search Mobile SEO SEO

• Please log in to reply
    34 replies to this topic

#21 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Funny as that was it is not going to be all that long. I recently watched a video where they had kids (12-16 years old) trying to use computers and games from the 80's and it was pretty amusing. The same thing is going to happen over the next couple of decades where your children or maybe grand children are going to be completely lost trying to use a keyboard and mouse from current computers. 

That is almost certainly going to be the case. AI, VR, and voice recognition are in the very early stages like computers in the 80's. It is only going to get much better and cheaper than it is now. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#22 Chadrick

Chadrick

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 123

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

Funny as that was it is not going to be all that long. I recently watched a video where they had kids (12-16 years old) trying to use computers and games from the 80's and it was pretty amusing. The same thing is going to happen over the next couple of decades where your children or maybe grand children are going to be completely lost trying to use a keyboard and mouse from current computers. 

I have seen similar videos and you are probably right. The iPhone is only 10 years old and look how fast smartphones change everything in such a short time period. Now it is hard to think about what it was like without them. Pretty crazy

#23 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

In 10 years computers and the way we interact with them is going to be much different, 

I just read an article within the last couple of days about a headset that Microsoft has in beta test. Super light, fairly cheap and is the equivalent of of a 75 inch monitor. It is not going to be for games since it does not have all the motion tracking sensors but more for business where you can replace your monitors in a work environment.   I currently have a three monitor setup and it would be nice to replace all that and the big desk that it takes to hold it with a headset. Might be enough to move me back to Windows for my primary machine. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#24 The New Matt

The New Matt

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 138

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

I have seen similar videos and you are probably right. The iPhone is only 10 years old and look how fast smartphones change everything in such a short time period. Now it is hard to think about what it was like without them. Pretty crazy

In 10 years computers and the way we interact with them is going to be much different, 

I just read an article within the last couple of days about a headset that Microsoft has in beta test. Super light, fairly cheap and is the equivalent of of a 75 inch monitor. It is not going to be for games since it does not have all the motion tracking sensors but more for business where you can replace your monitors in a work environment.   I currently have a three monitor setup and it would be nice to replace all that and the big desk that it takes to hold it with a headset. Might be enough to move me back to Windows for my primary machine. 

It is actually pretty interesting if you think about it. For hundreds of years people used the same types of tools in their daily lives and now people have problems using tools just a couple of decades old. The rate of change is increasing rapidly. 

#25 Chadrick

Chadrick

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 123

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

My problem with all the voice and IOT stuff is that all the info is sent off somewhere to be processed rather than local. The security of most of these devices is abysmal and they are getting hacked and taken over all the time. A lot of the IOT devices are being turned into huge botnets. 

I am really waiting until we have the processing power available to have these devices work without sending my information to who knows where. Just not really safe or secure at this point. 

#26 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

My problem with all the voice and IOT stuff is that all the info is sent off somewhere to be processed rather than local. The security of most of these devices is abysmal and they are getting hacked and taken over all the time. A lot of the IOT devices are being turned into huge botnets. 

I am really waiting until we have the processing power available to have these devices work without sending my information to who knows where. Just not really safe or secure at this point. 

The whole IOT thing is going to implode because of lack of basic security. That is too bad because while some of the devices are useless there are quite a few promising and useful ones. However the companies making them are being completely negligent when it comes to security and that is going to come back and bite them on the ass and hurt the industry as a whole. 

All My Forum Topics

#27 Chadrick

Chadrick

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 123

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

The whole IOT thing is going to implode because of lack of basic security. That is too bad because while some of the devices are useless there are quite a few promising and useful ones. However the companies making them are being completely negligent when it comes to security and that is going to come back and bite them on the ass and hurt the industry as a whole. 

Yes the security is a joke on most of these devices but if more was done locally instead of sending it off somewhere to be processed then the security would not matter as much. 

#28 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

Yes the security is a joke on most of these devices but if more was done locally instead of sending it off somewhere to be processed then the security would not matter as much. 

Yes and no. The fact that a lot of the IOT appliances phone home (usually unencrypted) is a problem but it goes way past that. A lot of them are not secured at all or have hard coded passwords in them. This allows pretty much anyone to do an easy hack so all that having more processing power local would do is give the hackers more powerful appliances to turn into botnets. 

All My Forum Topics

#29 DannielD

DannielD

• posts 70

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

Do you really think voice search is going to take over quickly? It seems like it is going to be quite awhile before people are talking to their computers like in Star Trek. 

Keep in mind that Apple only came out with the smart phone 10 years ago and look how quickly it has overtaken the desktop. The key here is convenience and it does not more convenient than just talking to  your computer, phone, or smart appliance. Also it does not have to get as good as Star Trek to make a difference. 

#30 Chadrick

Chadrick

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 123

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:41 AM

Yes and no. The fact that a lot of the IOT appliances phone home (usually unencrypted) is a problem but it goes way past that. A lot of them are not secured at all or have hard coded passwords in them. This allows pretty much anyone to do an easy hack so all that having more processing power local would do is give the hackers more powerful appliances to turn into botnets. 

Good point on the very bad security that is being used but if they were not all created to phone home then it would not be as bad or as big a deal. What makes it worse is that they all or most of them anyway have to access the internet to work. If they did not have to be online they would not need as much security. 

#31 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

Good point on the very bad security that is being used but if they were not all created to phone home then it would not be as bad or as big a deal. What makes it worse is that they all or most of them anyway have to access the internet to work. If they did not have to be online they would not need as much security. 

Good point but even if they did not need internet access most of them would still access to your network. This does lower the risk but still leaves your network vulnerable. 

All My Forum Topics

#32 Justin22

Justin22

• posts 26

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

I was thinking there was another voice search thread and I found it to go along with the others. 

#33 Randy Crosby

Randy Crosby

• posts 18

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

I was thinking there was another voice search thread and I found it to go along with the others. 

There does seem to be quite a few of them. A list of all the related threads would help. 

#34 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

I have gone ahead and created a master thread with links to all the voice search threads I have found. You can find it at. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/11598-the-master-list-of-voice-search-threads/

All My Forum Topics

#35 Randy Crosby

Randy Crosby

• posts 18

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

I have gone ahead and created a master thread with links to all the voice search threads I have found. You can find it at. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/11598-the-master-list-of-voice-search-threads/

Thanks much this will make it easier to gather all the voice search info.