• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Want More Brand Searches on Google? Advertise on Bing or Facebook

SEO Search Bing Ads YouTube Ads Facebook Ads

• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,237
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

From the data it looks like ads on Bing, Facebook, and other places effects how people are searching on Google. Interesting and informative read...

We keep it no secret around here that Google search is big business. With a healthy majority of the search market share across the globe, it’s critical for businesses to be present and successful when their prospects are searching on Google.

But as large as the search giant is, it’s not a monopoly on the media your customers consume!

Google’s most obvious competitor, Bing, makes up roughly 1/3 of the US market share. Showing up on the Bing SERP is certainly important in its own right, so you can reach those 5 billion searches a month, and advertising on Bing has plenty of additional benefits. Interestingly, most of Bing’s users aren’t exclusively searching on Bing. Over 100 million searchers rely on both Bing and Google to deliver their search results, so what they discover on Bing may later impact what, or who, they search for on Google.

Want More Brand Searches on Google? Advertise on Bing or Facebook

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#2 Mysterious Marissa

Mysterious Marissa

• posts 13

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

I have found that Bing ads can work well for certain niches. From what I have seen the demographic of Bing users tends to be older and less tech savy than the general population. Bing ads tend to be cheaper so if you are targeting the correct niche they can be profitable. 

#3 Pikagon

Pikagon

• posts 4

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

I have found that Bing ads can work well for certain niches. From what I have seen the demographic of Bing users tends to be older and less tech savy than the general population. Bing ads tend to be cheaper so if you are targeting the correct niche they can be profitable. 

Is there enough traffic to be had from targeting Bing? I had thought that its market share was small enough that it was a bit of a waste of time to work on it. 

#4 ValentinaZ

ValentinaZ

• posts 5

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

Is there enough traffic to be had from targeting Bing? I had thought that its market share was small enough that it was a bit of a waste of time to work on it. 

It depends on where you are. In the US Bing has around 30% of the search market so that is still a fairly substantial amount and because many people do not bother to target Bing the traffic you can get tends to be cheaper. In other parts of the world Google has a much bigger market share up to around 90%, in those locations targeting Bing is less attractive. 

#5 JoeB

JoeB

• posts 39

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:46 AM

Some of my sites get quite a bit of traffic from Bing. As MM said it is somewhat niche dependent as a lot of the people how use Bing just use it becuase it is the default and they never change it. So targeting tech niches do not do as well but craft niches do pretty good as well as health related niches.