• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: OCT. 20 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 Promoyze Club Explaindio LLC $37.00
    2 PLRXtreme: Expert Content Videos Edmund Loh $9.39
    3 Success Habits Pro Francis X Watson $19.70
    4 Quotamator PRO - 1 Click Automated Traffic-Getting Software Brett Ingram and Mo Latif $39.95
    5 [PLR] Binge-Proof Lifestyle Yu Shaun & Cally Lee $8.48
    6 Viddyoze TC Viddyoze $37.00
    7 Domainer Elite PRO Software And Marketplace Jamie Lewis $47.00
    8 2017 Converted Notes Tim Castleman $17.00
    9 SociOffer-Lite Daniel Adetunji $9.00
    10 Deadbeat Super Affiliate (Reloaded) Dan Brock $17.00

Want More Brand Searches on Google? Advertise on Bing or Facebook

SEO Search Bing Ads YouTube Ads Facebook Ads

• Please log in to reply
    14 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,359
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

From the data it looks like ads on Bing, Facebook, and other places effects how people are searching on Google. Interesting and informative read...

We keep it no secret around here that Google search is big business. With a healthy majority of the search market share across the globe, it’s critical for businesses to be present and successful when their prospects are searching on Google.

But as large as the search giant is, it’s not a monopoly on the media your customers consume!

Google’s most obvious competitor, Bing, makes up roughly 1/3 of the US market share. Showing up on the Bing SERP is certainly important in its own right, so you can reach those 5 billion searches a month, and advertising on Bing has plenty of additional benefits. Interestingly, most of Bing’s users aren’t exclusively searching on Bing. Over 100 million searchers rely on both Bing and Google to deliver their search results, so what they discover on Bing may later impact what, or who, they search for on Google.

Want More Brand Searches on Google? Advertise on Bing or Facebook

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#2 Mysterious Marissa

Mysterious Marissa

• posts 52

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

I have found that Bing ads can work well for certain niches. From what I have seen the demographic of Bing users tends to be older and less tech savy than the general population. Bing ads tend to be cheaper so if you are targeting the correct niche they can be profitable. 

#3 Pikagon

Pikagon

• posts 26

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

I have found that Bing ads can work well for certain niches. From what I have seen the demographic of Bing users tends to be older and less tech savy than the general population. Bing ads tend to be cheaper so if you are targeting the correct niche they can be profitable. 

Is there enough traffic to be had from targeting Bing? I had thought that its market share was small enough that it was a bit of a waste of time to work on it. 

#4 ValentinaZ

ValentinaZ

• posts 40

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

Is there enough traffic to be had from targeting Bing? I had thought that its market share was small enough that it was a bit of a waste of time to work on it. 

It depends on where you are. In the US Bing has around 30% of the search market so that is still a fairly substantial amount and because many people do not bother to target Bing the traffic you can get tends to be cheaper. In other parts of the world Google has a much bigger market share up to around 90%, in those locations targeting Bing is less attractive. 

#5 JoeB

JoeB

• posts 85

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:46 AM

Some of my sites get quite a bit of traffic from Bing. As MM said it is somewhat niche dependent as a lot of the people how use Bing just use it becuase it is the default and they never change it. So targeting tech niches do not do as well but craft niches do pretty good as well as health related niches.

#6 The New Matt

The New Matt

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 127

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

I have a few sites that get a decent amount of traffic from Bing and then others that get practically none at all. To be honest I have never dug into why the difference and just count the Bing traffic as a bonus. It does make sense that some niches and demographics would do better on Bing so that is probably what is going on. Other than doing ppc on Bing I am not sure there is a good way to target the search traffic other than doing what you would already do for Google. 

#7 AngelicCao

AngelicCao

• posts 7

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

The more searches on Gooogle aspect really seems to be people checking you out on Google after they find you on Bing. I bet that reviews would be a big part of whether or not that helps you or not. If you do not have any or have a bunch of bad reviews then you are not going to get any extra business. 

#8 Web Master Z

Web Master Z

• posts 51

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

The more searches on Gooogle aspect really seems to be people checking you out on Google after they find you on Bing. I bet that reviews would be a big part of whether or not that helps you or not. If you do not have any or have a bunch of bad reviews then you are not going to get any extra business. 

Well that is going to be true whether people are coming from Bing to check you out or just find your site via keywords on Google. A large percentage of searchers will check out a site's reviews before buying so having bad reviews is going to sink you no matter what. 

#9 MireySharpe

MireySharpe

• posts 79

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

Very true there is a reason that Yelp and other review sites get so much traffic. People want to check out who they are doing business with which is why you need reviews. In a lot of people's eyes having no reviews at all can be as bad as having bad reviews. 

#10 MentorsHouse

MentorsHouse

• posts 3

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

yah that,s right if you want to put your company ahead from all the companies in google then facebook advertising is the better way to get the lead for your business website

#11 Mysterious Marissa

Mysterious Marissa

• posts 52

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

It depends on your target demographic. I have a couple of sites that get quite a bit of traffic from Bing

#12 The Snap

The Snap

• posts 84

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

The article is more about Facebook ads and Bing causing people to basically check you out on Google. I am a bit surprised that a measurable number of people who use Bing would also check out companies on Google. Not so much after seeing ads on Facebook etc. 

I think the key takeaway here is that if you are going to be running ads you need to make sure that when people check out your specific company on Google they are going to like what they see. Otherwise you may be wasting your advertising budget. 

#13 JoeB

JoeB

• posts 85

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:42 AM

The article is more about Facebook ads and Bing causing people to basically check you out on Google. I am a bit surprised that a measurable number of people who use Bing would also check out companies on Google. Not so much after seeing ads on Facebook etc. 

I think the key takeaway here is that if you are going to be running ads you need to make sure that when people check out your specific company on Google they are going to like what they see. Otherwise you may be wasting your advertising budget. 

I would say that checking out the search results for different search terms using your company name is something you should be doing on a regular basis no matter what advertising you are doing. You do not want to be taken by surprise by a bad review or complaint that is showing up in the results. 

#14 JeffTibbs

JeffTibbs

• posts 84

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Joe is very much correct on this. If you are not checking "your company reviews" and similar search terms on a regular basis you need to start doing so. You want to find about any bad results for you and your company as soon as possible so you can address it and get your results cleaned up. Something like 70% of people run review checks before doing business with a company. Bad results can hurt your business a lot if not taken care of. 

#15 The Snap

The Snap

• posts 84

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

I would say that checking out the search results for different search terms using your company name is something you should be doing on a regular basis no matter what advertising you are doing. You do not want to be taken by surprise by a bad review or complaint that is showing up in the results. 

Very good point it is something that we should do regardless of what ads or seo we are running.