• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • How to get an indexed public profile on ebay?

• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 460
    • LocationSpare Oom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Looking at a personal sellers account it is noindexed...but I see tons of profiles indexed...only difference I see right off the bat on the public ones vs the nonindexed ones is a 'visit store' options vs just the 'items for sale'

Anyone know how to get mine indexed...not sure if I can get a live link or not but it would be nice for at least a text citation or something

Thanks

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Local Real Time Lead Gen Marketing - Youtube Channel - G+ - Linkedin

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,237
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Have you tried just building links to your profile? If you goal is just to get it indexed rather than try to "rank" it that seems like the simplest way to go about it. Build a bunch of links for the bots to follow....

If you are active with the account you could create social media accounts for it and post all your sales when you create them. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 460
    • LocationSpare Oom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

When I do a pagesource check it is set to noindex though whereas the ones coming in in googles searches dont have that

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Local Real Time Lead Gen Marketing - Youtube Channel - G+ - Linkedin

#4 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,237
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

When I do a pagesource check it is set to noindex though whereas the ones coming in in googles searches dont have that

Well that is odd. I did a couple of searches and did not really find anything helpful. There must be some qualification to get the noindex removed but I did not find it anywhere. I do know it is not an account age thing since I checked my account and it has noindex on it but I opened my account in 2000 so it is way older than the accounts I looked at that were indexed. 

I find  it odd that ebay would noindex profile pages since the more that are indexed the better off they would be. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#5 Jeffry Self

Jeffry Self

• posts 20

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

Have you done anything with your profile? The first couple of ones ranking are pretty busy, the top one has collections and basically a blog with the guides. 

She does not even have anything for sale and only 9 feedback in the last year. It has to be what she has done with the profile. I did not even know you could do all that but then I do not really use ebay all that much

#6 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,237
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Have you done anything with your profile? The first couple of ones ranking are pretty busy, the top one has collections and basically a blog with the guides. 

She does not even have anything for sale and only 9 feedback in the last year. It has to be what she has done with the profile. I did not even know you could do all that but then I do not really use ebay all that much

I am thinking along the same lines but trying to work out what the trigger is for getting the noindex changed could be pretty time consuming. I find it hard to believe it is done manually that would be a bit crazy. 

I have absolutely no use for this but now my brain is locking on what I need to do to get my profile indexed. Been swirling around my brain all day when I have been trying to get work done. 

Probably going to do some experiments. @googlealchemist if you find or figure anything out post it in the thread....

#7 Mysterious Marissa

Mysterious Marissa

• posts 13

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:44 AM

I never really thought about getting my ebay profile indexed or ranked. I wonder if google would rank them for actual search terms rather than just as ebay profiles. Have to solve the index problem first but it could be another page to use. 

#8 GlenWasHere

GlenWasHere

• posts 46

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Has anyone thought of just asking ebay support to see if they will tell you what needs to be done to get the noindex removed?

#9 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,237
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Has anyone thought of just asking ebay support to see if they will tell you what needs to be done to get the noindex removed?

It actually briefly crossed my mind but I did not give it serious thought. I guess I am so used to trying to figure out a way to game the system with Google that just asking Ebay never really seemed like an option. It really should have.....