• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • How to Find and Fix 14 Technical SEO Problems That Can Be Damaging Your Site

• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,237
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

A good article from over at Moz covering on-site SEO factors (well all but one he does mention backlinks) you need to check out on your site.

Who doesn’t love working on low-hanging fruit SEO problems that can dramatically improve your site?

Across all businesses and industries, the low-effort, high-reward projects should jump to the top of the list of things to implement. And it’s nowhere more relevant than tackling technical SEO issues on your site.

Let’s focus on easy-to-identify, straightforward-to-fix problems. Most of these issues can be uncovered in an afternoon, and it’s possible they can solve months' worth of traffic problems. While there may not be groundbreaking, complex issues that will fix SEO once and for all, there are easy things to check right now. If your site already checks out for all of these, then you can go home today and start decrypting RankBrain tomorrow.

Real quick: The definition of technical SEO is a bit fuzzy. Does it include everything that happens on a site except for content production? Or is it just limited to code and really technical items?

I’ll define technical SEO here as aspects of a site comprising more technical problems that the average marketer wouldn’t identify and take a bit of experience to uncover. Technical SEO problems are also generally, but not always, site-wide problems rather than specific page issues. Their fixes can help improve your site as a whole, rather than just isolated pages.

You’d think that, with all the information out there on the web, many of these would be common knowledge. I’m sure my car mechanic thought the same thing when I busted my engine because I forgot to put oil in it for months. Simple oversights can destroy your machine.

The target audience for this post is beginning to intermediate SEOs and site owners that haven’t inspected their technical SEO for a while, or are doing it for the first time. If just one of these 14 technical SEO problems below is harming your site, I think you’d consider this a valuable read.

This is not a complete technical SEO audit checklist, but a summary of some of the most common and damaging technical SEO problems that you can fix now. I highlighted these based on my own real-world experience analyzing dozens of client and internal websites. Some of these issues I thought I’d never run into... until I did.

This is not a replacement for a full audit, but looking at these right now can actually save you thousands of dollars in lost sales, or worse.

How to Find and Fix 14 Technical SEO Problems That Can Be Damaging Your Site Now

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#2 Damsu

Damsu

• posts 31

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

A good article from over at Moz covering on-site SEO factors (well all but one he does mention backlinks) you need to check out on your site.

How to Find and Fix 14 Technical SEO Problems That Can Be Damaging Your Site Now

some good info it seems like on page factors have become more important over the last few years. 

#3 DaveV

DaveV

• posts 10

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

some good info it seems like on page factors have become more important over the last few years. 

As Google keeps trying to lock down what links it finds acceptable the trend is going to continue. 

#4 mhiweb

mhiweb

• posts 33

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

As Google keeps trying to lock down what links it finds acceptable the trend is going to continue. 

True but links are always going to matter.