• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Restaurant specific marketing advice

• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 457
    • LocationSpare Oom

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Other than ranking first in the local maps section of Google and keeping the biz facebook page active...can anyone suggest some restaurant specific marketing advice. Online, offline, google, non-google, paid, free...WHATEVER!

Whatever puts more buts in the seats.

I'm finding managing and marketing for this industry to have it's own unique challenges vs most other markets I've worked in.

Thanks all

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Local Real Time Lead Gen Marketing - Youtube Channel - G+ - Linkedin

#2 Broland

Broland

• posts 4

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

Work on getting the restaurant menu out on different platforms that are made for this. You can get a menu to display for the restaurant in Google searches eventually as well as in the knowledge panel. Sites like opentable, allmenus, openmenu, singleplatform, menupages, locu, etc. might be worth checking out.

You can use restaurant schema and help to identify a menu page on the website.

Work on hooking up with other platforms for take out/delivery orders such as UberEats, Delivery.com, etc. There are lots of local specific ones that only operate in their own cities or specific cities.

Work on capturing customer emails and run some email marketing campaigns with discounts/specials etc. Engage with your customers. Most restaurants seem to neglect this form of powerful marketing, but people love discounts, specials and pictures when it comes to food.

Local reddit threads and instagram for promotion, food pics etc.

Work on review campaigns. Hand out cards at the restaurant and/or send emails guiding people to popular review sites like Yelp, FB, G+, Trip advisor etc. Positive reviews go a very loing way in the food industry.

That's a few things off the top of my head. Been a while since I've worked on a restaurant site but there is definitely plenty you can do to keep building up business.

Superior Local SEO, Business Branding and Consulting Services at DirectoryBug.com

#3 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,031
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

Other than ranking first in the local maps section of Google and keeping the biz facebook page active...can anyone suggest some restaurant specific marketing advice. Online, offline, google, non-google, paid, free...WHATEVER!

Whatever puts more buts in the seats.

I'm finding managing and marketing for this industry to have it's own unique challenges vs most other markets I've worked in.

Thanks all

Birthday marketing via Facebook and sms marketing was made for the the restaurant industry.  Seriously low hanging fruit....

Think of local sms lists like the IM equivalent of an email list, sure you can make money without one but you can make more and make it easier when you have one. It is really even better as 90+% of all text messages are opened within 5 mins. 83% of millennials read their texts within 90 secs. We can only dream of email open rates like that.   The response to sms coupons and specials blows emails out of the water....

The great thing is if they are already doing any kind of print (newspaper ads, box toppers, receipt coupons, etc) and most are, you can piggyback on them and ramp up in a hurry. 

I have started putting down some of what I have been doing in the following thread. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/10983-update-5-jan-2017-foot-in-the-door-non-seo-local-marketing-services/page-2#entry107362

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#4 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,031
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

I have updated the post with some additional ideas on targeting restaurants if you are interested.

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/10983-update-11-jan-2017-foot-in-the-door-non-seo-local-marketing-services/?p=107071

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................