• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

WPX Hosting by Terry Kyle

WPX Hosting – owned by Traffic Planet founder, Terry Kyle - is the ONLY hosting service recommended by Thrive Themes) – use promo code WPX-LOVES-TRAFFIC-PLANET for $1 first month (‘Business Plan’)

10 Reasons Why WPX Hosting Should Be Your Managed WordPress Hosting Provider:

1. Staging Area w/- UNIQUE functionality – merge your Staging site version with the Live site version WITHOUT losing new blog comments or post/page changes on the Live site since the Staging version was created
    2. WPX Hosting’s 24/7/365 Support Team AVERAGE under 30 seconds response time, according to Live Chat Inc (the independent live chat platform used by WPX Hosting)
    3. “FIXED FOR YOU” Guarantee: Unlike old-school hosting company support that sends you a link to an article when you get into technical trouble & expects you to fix the issue, we do it for you, FAST & FREE (and we can still send you an article link if you want!). WPX Hosting is like your own F1 pit crew, ready 24/7/365 to get your technical problems resolved fast.
    4. SUPERFAST high-end new SSD servers deliberately UNDERloaded for high performance under extreme traffic loads (e.g. email marketing broadcasts, product launches)
    5. UNLIMITED Free Google-Sponsored SSL Certificates Installed & Active In Under 10 Seconds (Watch Video Here)
    6. PHP 7.X Enabled (Plus Earlier Versions) + http2 enabled + enterprise-level Incapsula DDOS protection on ALL plans
    7. Unlimited FREE Site Migration from your current host to WPX Hosting Within 24 Hours, 7 Days A Week
    8. Fully Managed WordPress Hosting With FREE Email Included (Unlike Many Others)
    9. US servers Located In The World's Largest Datacenter Along With America's Financial Infrastructure, UK servers in London too.
    10. WPX Hosting Is Trusted With 50 Million+ Page Views Every Month

10 Things to Convey Your Website Visitors in 30 Seconds

• Please log in to reply
    34 replies to this topic

#21 Supereagle

Supereagle

• posts 31

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

Dropping your bounce rate and having faster loading pages are good reasons by themselves to break things up a bit. However being able to track your traffic through your articles is an even better reason. 

When you start tracking where people are dropping off or what parts of the articles they are skipping you can take that information and change they way your are developing your content. This leads to better conversions and more money.

How do you decide how to break up your articles? Do you do it by length or??

Also a lot of sites that do product reviews list the different sections so you can skip around to the parts you are interested in or all the way to the conclusion section. Is this something you do? I am wondering if a lot of people like to skip to the end.

#22 The New Matt

The New Matt

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 138

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

How do you decide how to break up your articles? Do you do it by length or??

Also a lot of sites that do product reviews list the different sections so you can skip around to the parts you are interested in or all the way to the conclusion section. Is this something you do? I am wondering if a lot of people like to skip to the end.

I try to find natural break points rather than number of words. If you are writing a long article there are usually fairly obvious places where you can break it up. 

It depends on the type of article, if it is a review or something that has a conclusion where it may make sense for readers to jump to the end then yes I includes links so they can do so. 

#23 JeffTibbs

JeffTibbs

• posts 91

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

Sweet they have a free plan 2k pages a day. Not enough for a busy site but should work for new ones and testing landing pages. Thanks

#24 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Sweet they have a free plan 2k pages a day. Not enough for a busy site but should work for new ones and testing landing pages. Thanks

Hotjar does a pretty good job and can be very useful in identifying confusing aspects of your site or parts that your visitors are not interacting the way you thought they would. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#25 Webrockers

Webrockers

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 106

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Earlier, people used to upload lengthy pieces of content to describe their products or services, with the purpose of keyword stuffing. Now-a-days, trends have changed, and I can see that the text part of on most of the e-shops seldom exceed 4-5 lines. They want it to keep sharp and crisp.  

#26 The New Matt

The New Matt

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 138

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:01 AM

Earlier, people used to upload lengthy pieces of content to describe their products or services, with the purpose of keyword stuffing. Now-a-days, trends have changed, and I can see that the text part of on most of the e-shops seldom exceed 4-5 lines. They want it to keep sharp and crisp.  

Length of the article and keyword stuffing are 2 completely separate things. While keyword stuffing is not good long articles actually tend to rank better than short ones. If you look at the pages that rank for most keywords you will find that most of them are over 1000 words. 

#27 Webrockers

Webrockers

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 106

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Length of the article and keyword stuffing are 2 completely separate things. While keyword stuffing is not good long articles actually tend to rank better than short ones. If you look at the pages that rank for most keywords you will find that most of them are over 1000 words. 

Well, I simply typed 'women apparel' in Google search bar, and here are the links that appeared in top 3 positions:

https://www.snapdeal.com/products/women-apparel

http://www.shopclues.com/fashion/womens-apparel.html

http://www.limeroad.com/women-clothing

Only Snapdeal has a lengthy content. Not many site owners loose the ranking because of scarcity of content on their sites, although it is necessary to describe all about the products and services offered by them. What do you say?   

#28 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

Well, I simply typed 'women apparel' in Google search bar, and here are the links that appeared in top 3 positions:

https://www.snapdeal.com/products/women-apparel

http://www.shopclues.com/fashion/womens-apparel.html

http://www.limeroad.com/women-clothing

Only Snapdeal has a lengthy content. Not many site owners loose the ranking because of scarcity of content on their sites, although it is necessary to describe all about the products and services offered by them. What do you say?   

Well eCommerce sites are a bit different as nobody expects 2K word product descriptions. 

However all the studies I have read show that most top ranked pages are longer articles. However I have improved the rankings of many eCommerce and blog category pages by adding content to pages with little or none. 

There are always going to be exceptions to every rule, the fact that some pages rank without a lot of content does not mean that having more content will not help you rank better. You are more likely to rank better with more content does not mean it is impossible to rank without long content. 

Here is the top ranked article on the subject 

We Analyzed 1 Million Google Search Results. Here’s What We Learned About SEO

In fact, the average word count of a Google first page result is 1,890 words.

02_Content-Total-Word-Count_line.png

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#29 Webrockers

Webrockers

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 106

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

When I posted the last comment on this topic, I was speaking about the success of e-commerce sites. Exceptions are always there. 

#30 MireySharpe

MireySharpe

• posts 84

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

Nice share I signed up and started testing it a few days ago and seeing what people are doing on the site showed me some changes that need to be made to my site design. 

#31 Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 165

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:48 AM

Nice share I signed up and started testing it a few days ago and seeing what people are doing on the site showed me some changes that need to be made to my site design. 

Pretty common. The thing I see the most is people trying to click on non-clickable parts of the site. The things that seem obvious to use is not so obvious to the visitors. 

#32 Supereagle

Supereagle

• posts 31

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:13 AM

It looks like you need to be careful when breaking up or hiding part of your content. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/11430-how-does-google-handle-css-javascript-hidden-text/

#33 The New Matt

The New Matt

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 138

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

It looks like you need to be careful when breaking up or hiding part of your content. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/11430-how-does-google-handle-css-javascript-hidden-text/

Actually a good argument for longer content as you can break your article up and still have enough content on each page.

#34 SharonPG

SharonPG

• posts 73

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

I am going to second using hotjar it is awesome for finding out what people are doing on your site. Just because your site makes sense to you does not mean it does to your visitors

#35 JeffTibbs

JeffTibbs

• posts 91

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:51 AM

Well eCommerce sites are a bit different as nobody expects 2K word product descriptions. 

However all the studies I have read show that most top ranked pages are longer articles. However I have improved the rankings of many eCommerce and blog category pages by adding content to pages with little or none. 

There are always going to be exceptions to every rule, the fact that some pages rank without a lot of content does not mean that having more content will not help you rank better. You are more likely to rank better with more content does not mean it is impossible to rank without long content. 

Here is the top ranked article on the subject 

We Analyzed 1 Million Google Search Results. Here’s What We Learned About SEO

There was a lot of good info over and above the article length on all the different correlations they found.  Also the sample size was very large which gives the findings a lot more credability in my mind.