• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: SEPT. 20 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 EZ Review Videos Matt Bush $26.95
    2 Proven Profit Package Eric Holmlund $30.36
    3 Promoyze Club Andrew Darius - Explaindio LLC $37.00
    4 Nicheology Membership Special Paul Counts $27.00
    5 Wp Ebook Maker Gold Robert F Bandas $19.40
    6 Big Traffic Firesale - Private Label Rights Edmund Loh $18.25
    7 Viddyoze TC Viddyoze $37.00
    8 Goal Crusher Premium Robert F Bandas $19.30
    9 Irresistible You - Complete Sales Funnel With PLR PLR Sales Funnels $9.95
    10 Deadbeat Super Affiliate (Reloaded) Dan Brock $17.00

10 Things to Convey Your Website Visitors in 30 Seconds

• Please log in to reply
    34 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,225
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

You do not get very long to make that first impression when it comes to your website.

Good article and it gave me another excuse to watch the Dollar Shave Club video and point out that it is one of the best marketing pieces ever created.....

Do you remember your first job interview? Most people do because it was either extremely successful and they got the job or they stumbled through the entire thing. Often times, the outcome didn’t have anything to do with the interview itself, but from the employer’s first impression of you. Within seven seconds of meeting someone new, they’ve already judged you.

In a similar way, people judge your website. If it isn’t branded in an attractive way or its user experience is confusing, your users won’t take the time to learn about your product (even if it fits their solution).

A study shows that it takes less than two-tenths of a second for an online visitor to form a first opinion of your brand once they’ve perused your company’s website.

This means that you only have a finite amount of time to impress your visitors or give them an introduction about the kind of product/service you offer. Don’t worry a bit! I am here to help you make your first impression correct.

Here are lists of things which you can convey to your website visitors in 30 seconds so as to form a good first impression...

10 Things to Convey Your Website Visitors in 30 Seconds

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#2 jainteq

jainteq

• posts 36

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

There should be a brief description about your offerings, home page should describe about the product in the best possible way, and there should be no chance of guesswork.

#3 JeffTibbs

JeffTibbs

• posts 81

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

Visitors do not wait very long before backing out of a website if they do not see a reason to stay or if it loads slow. This is especially true on mobile it is like the whole world is going add on us. 

#4 Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 140

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

You do not get very long to make that first impression when it comes to your website.

Good article and it gave me another excuse to watch the Dollar Shave Club video and point out that it is one of the best marketing pieces ever created.....

That video was cool, I think I remember reading that he actually the company for something close to $1 billion which is a nice pocketful of money after only a few years. 

#5 MireySharpe

MireySharpe

• posts 65

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

You do not have much time. I was having a lot of fast bounces on my site and I spent a bunch of time making it load faster and the bouces were cut in half. 

#6 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,225
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:27 AM

That video was cool, I think I remember reading that he actually the company for something close to $1 billion which is a nice pocketful of money after only a few years. 

Yes he did so the video (which exploded the business) definitely paid off. 

You do not have much time. I was having a lot of fast bounces on my site and I spent a bunch of time making it load faster and the bouces were cut in half. 

Slow load times are a killer (especially on mobile) but you need to also look at what happens once the page loads and they are still around. You need to give your visitors a good reason to take action. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#7 The New Matt

The New Matt

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 112

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

A lot of it depends on the purpose of the website or page. If it is a targeted landing page then yes you need to make sure that your cta is really good in order to get them to do whatever action you are targeting. If you have a how-to or site with a lot of tutorials then you are going to get a lot of bounces no matter what  you do if all the info the visitor is looking for is on one page. The best case in that situation is to break up the steps on separate pages you see that all the time on review sites where each section is on a separate page This cuts down on bounces and also lets you track how far people go before falling off or skip to the conclusion. 

#8 Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 140

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

A lot of it depends on the purpose of the website or page. If it is a targeted landing page then yes you need to make sure that your cta is really good in order to get them to do whatever action you are targeting. If you have a how-to or site with a lot of tutorials then you are going to get a lot of bounces no matter what  you do if all the info the visitor is looking for is on one page. The best case in that situation is to break up the steps on separate pages you see that all the time on review sites where each section is on a separate page This cuts down on bounces and also lets you track how far people go before falling off or skip to the conclusion. 

Good point about using muiltiple pages and splitting them up will also make them load faster. 

#9 Etsane666

Etsane666

• posts 26

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:00 AM

Had not seen that video before he did a nice job on it. 

breaking stories up on to different pages so visitors have to click to see the rest is not something I had really thought about. I have seen it done a lot but had not really thought of why it was being done. Wordpress has an option built in so you only show the first part of the post I have not been using that option but I will be doing so going forward. 

#10 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,225
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:28 AM

Just make sure you do not lose track of your real goal. While it is good to lower your bounce rate by getting visitors to do something you want to make sure they are doing the "right" something. 

You should really have an ideal action for every page of your site. You want to make sure that the visitor is completely the action that is going to make you the most money......

All My Forum Topics

#11 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,225
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:09 AM

We spend a large amount of time focusing on optimizing our sites for high conversions and low bounce rate but one thing that a lot of us do not think about enough is the traffic coming to our sites. If that is not targeted properly then nothing we do on-page is going to help us keep our bounce rate low. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/11067-why-your-landing-page-conversions-depend-on-better-ads/

All My Forum Topics

#12 mandylopez

mandylopez

• posts 2

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

Organic traffic is the best inexpensive way and great compelling content is the most attractive. Know your audience, know your purpose, and create with that knowledge. Promote your website. There is no instant traffic. Once the framework is built it will  continue to grow and reward you through your effort.

#13 Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 140

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

Just make sure you do not lose track of your real goal. While it is good to lower your bounce rate by getting visitors to do something you want to make sure they are doing the "right" something. 

You should really have an ideal action for every page of your site. You want to make sure that the visitor is completely the action that is going to make you the most money......

I think this gets lost some times. Site owners get wrapped up in thinking about bounce rates and getting visitors to do anything to bring it down that they lose focus on the whole point of the visitors which is to make money off of them. If they are not going to help you make money getting them to do something is not really going to help you any. 

#14 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,225
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

I think this gets lost some times. Site owners get wrapped up in thinking about bounce rates and getting visitors to do anything to bring it down that they lose focus on the whole point of the visitors which is to make money off of them. If they are not going to help you make money getting them to do something is not really going to help you any. 

Losing site of the main goal happens fairly often and causes people to spend too much time on the wrong things. For instance the purpose of SEO is to get traffic to your site but very often people get too focused on the rankings as the main goal rather than a method of reaching the real main goal of traffic and sales. 

It happens a lot more than most people probably realize. 

All My Forum Topics

#15 The New Matt

The New Matt

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 112

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

Good point about using muiltiple pages and splitting them up will also make them load faster. 

Had not seen that video before he did a nice job on it. 

breaking stories up on to different pages so visitors have to click to see the rest is not something I had really thought about. I have seen it done a lot but had not really thought of why it was being done. Wordpress has an option built in so you only show the first part of the post I have not been using that option but I will be doing so going forward. 

Dropping your bounce rate and having faster loading pages are good reasons by themselves to break things up a bit. However being able to track your traffic through your articles is an even better reason. 

When you start tracking where people are dropping off or what parts of the articles they are skipping you can take that information and change they way your are developing your content. This leads to better conversions and more money. 

#16 markwilliams

markwilliams

• posts 7

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

Finding out what your customers want is the beginning and end of your marketing efforts. Get this right, and you can make mistakes with the rest of this list and still make sales. Get it wrong, and you will struggle no matter how well you execute the rest.If you’re a service provider working closely with clients, this is relatively easy since clients will tell you about their problems, challenges, loves, and hates. They’ll let you know when you’re giving them what they want  and vice versa! So pay attention to what they tell you and use it to improve your service and develop new offerings.

I'm Mark Williams living at San Francisco, USA, associated with 31west global services as a creative writer & Digital analyst. 31west is one of the leading Outsourced Call Center Solutions & Even provide Outsourced call center services at UK.

#17 JeffTibbs

JeffTibbs

• posts 81

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:05 AM

You guys might want to check out this thread Richard posted. 53% of visitors leave at the 3 sec mark. 

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/11330-how-to-beat-google%E2%80%99s-mobile-page-speed-benchmarks/

#18 Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 140

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

Dropping your bounce rate and having faster loading pages are good reasons by themselves to break things up a bit. However being able to track your traffic through your articles is an even better reason. 

When you start tracking where people are dropping off or what parts of the articles they are skipping you can take that information and change they way your are developing your content. This leads to better conversions and more money. 

Very true the more information you have about what your visitors are doing the better off you are. One thing that helps with that is heat maps so you can see where your visitors are scrolling to and clicking. It is a great way to see if anything is confusing your visitors. Nothing quite opens your eyes like seeing that visitors are clicking on an item on your site that is not clickable. 

#19 JeffTibbs

JeffTibbs

• posts 81

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

Very true the more information you have about what your visitors are doing the better off you are. One thing that helps with that is heat maps so you can see where your visitors are scrolling to and clicking. It is a great way to see if anything is confusing your visitors. Nothing quite opens your eyes like seeing that visitors are clicking on an item on your site that is not clickable. 

What are you using to create heat maps for your site?

#20 Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 140

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

What are you using to create heat maps for your site?

Hotjar

https://www.hotjar.com/