• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

Terry Kyle

SEO Tools/Vendors Currently Used & Recommended By Terry Kyle

TOOL/SERVICE TYPE PRICES FROM
    6,000 Social Signals Social Gig $12
    SAPE Links Backlinks $13
    (5 Links Up To TF45)
    Gmail PVA Accounts Account Creation $5
    (5 Gmail PVA Accounts)
    YouTube Embeds YouTube SEO $15
    Cloudboss.pro (by TK) SEO Cloud Hosting
    & PBN Management
    $59.99
    Bluechip Backlinks (by TK) Expired Domain Locator $99.99
    (4 Crawlers)
    WP Botwatch Googlebot Tracking FREE
    WPX Hosting (by TK) WP Money Site Hosting $24.99
    (5 sites)
    SEMRush Competitor Analysis $99.95

TODAY’S BESTSELLING IM/SEO PRODUCTS ON JVZOO: MAY 29 2017

RANK PRODUCT VENDOR BASE PRICE
    1 ProfitBuilder - Template Club Sean Donahoe $29.99
    2 Viddyoze 2.0 Template Club Viddyoze $37.00
    3 Linkedtify - Personal jonathan oshevire $28.80
    4 Social Zen 3 Accounts - The Ultimate 100% Hands-free, Fully Automated Social Web App! OJ James & Austin Anthony $47.00
    5 Amazing Stock Video Firesale - Developer's Rights Paul Counts $27.95
    6 SociVideo Jukebox Pro Ben Murray $25.97
    7 Picture Perfect Profits Jason BTO $30.00
    8 VidBuilderFX - Multi Abhi Dwivedi [Vega6] $9.99
    9 Social Media Lead Magnet Kit Aurelius Tjin & Robert Bolgar $9.95
    10 Hijackrr Pro Glynn Kosky & Ariel Sanders $23.95

WordPress and WP Plugin PHP Compatibility Issues in 2017

• Please log in to reply
    7 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,589
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

Looks like there are going to be a couple of big issues to keep in mind when looking at using WordPress this year.

1. Going to be forcing people to move to secure connections to get "all" functions. (We really do not know what this means)

2. Looks like they may be requiring PHP 7. this year as well. This brings up a couple of problems. First off your hosting has to be PHP 7 ready and while most will be be it is something that needs to be checked. Also all your plugins and themes need to be ready. The "major" ones will probably be OK but if you are using a less used/active plugin that has not been updated in awhile you may have to deactivate it and replace it with something else.

Powering over 76 million websites and holding a 59% CMS market share, WordPress continues to dominate the web in 2017. However, with the new year comes new challenges. Since PHP 7 could be the minimum requirement for running self-hosted WordPress in 2017, updating your server’s version of PHP to PHP 7 could be a necessary step.

In this post, we’ll cover why you should upgrade to the latest version, how to upgrade your server to PHP 7, any new features, inconsistency fixes, its overall performance, any backwards incompatible changes, the compatibility checker, and a note on PHP 7 benchmarks.

Let’s get started!

Developer’s Checklist for PHP 7: 6 Things to Bear in Mind

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#2 Silver Fox

Silver Fox

• posts 87

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

I bet there are quite a few plugins and themes that are not going to be updated. Plugins are a problem but you can always find a replacement but themes are probably going to be more of a problem as most everyone with a site has adjusted them to look just like they want and starting over with a new theme is going to suck.

#3 SoRene

SoRene

• posts 15

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

Are all the hosting companies going to be ready with php 7.0? If not that will be a problem for a lot of people. 

#4 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,589
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

Are all the hosting companies going to be ready with php 7.0? If not that will be a problem for a lot of people. 

The newer versions of cpanel (58.+?) come with php 7.0 and allow php versions to be assigned per domain so a site not ready for php 7. can still use 5.4 or 5.6

Not every hosting company uses cpanel but most do and I am sure that the other options probably offer 7.0 as well. 

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#5 DannielD

DannielD

• posts 43

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

I just moved a couple of wp sites to php 7 and have not seen any problems. All the plugins I have installed and the theme I am using have been updated in the last few months. 

#6 Olivia 88

Olivia 88

• posts 10

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

My wordpress site is hosted on php7 and I have not had any problems. I am have not installed very many plugins so that probably helps. Is there a way to tell ahead of time whether a plugin or theme will work with php7?

#7 Digital 101

Digital 101

• posts 29

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

Has anyone had any problems moving to php 7? This has been coming for quite awhile and you would think that wordpress and the plugin creators would be ready for the change. 

#8 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,589
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:48 AM

My wordpress site is hosted on php7 and I have not had any problems. I am have not installed very many plugins so that probably helps. Is there a way to tell ahead of time whether a plugin or theme will work with php7?

I have a seen a few mention it in the change notes but not all of them.  Basically the more recent the plugin has been updated the more likely it should work but really you are going to have to test them to make sure if they do not mention it. 

Has anyone had any problems moving to php 7? This has been coming for quite awhile and you would think that wordpress and the plugin creators would be ready for the change. 

There are quite a few plugins and themes that have for all intensive purposes been abandoned. There are a lot of them out there that have not been updated in a year or two or even longer. That is one thing I always look at before installing a plugin, not so much because of php 7 but for security reasons, if a plugin is not being updated it is going to be less secure.  

All My Forum Topics