Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself as this is my first post, but as it is not directly related I will keep it short :)

My name is Karl and I am a young, self made online entrepreneur. After having run many sites in the past, I decided to start up a blog to share what I've learnt and hopefully help others starting out.

I wrote a list of what I find to be the top 5 ways of generating traffic right now (eg within the hour or so), completely for free - I know this is something many starting out (including myself a few years ago) struggle with.

Here is the list, please check it out and let me know what you think! - 

Please login or register to see this link.

Please don't think this is a way for me to spam advertise my website, I genuinely think this list will bring value to those new to the field, and I'd love to get some feedback on my blog!

I am looking forward to what you have to say!

Thanks,
Karl  :D

5-ways-boost-traffic-right-now-622x320.p

I agree about the more content part, but as I can see your site is still under construction so you got that covered. 

I like your post any your writing style, it's casual with some real tips. 

Maybe you should just consider shortening sentences a bit, for example this one: 

"I know first hand how hard it can be starting out trying to generate traffic on a new website, because these days competition is high with how easy it has become to build a website."

If you break it into 2-3 shorter sentences it could help with readability. :D 

You need some more content, two articles really does not cover much. Other than that the site looks nice and it put together well. 

Thank you very much! I am adding more content soon, I only just launched it yesterday :)

I agree about the more content part, but as I can see your site is still under construction so you got that covered. 

I like your post any your writing style, it's casual with some real tips. 

Maybe you should just consider shortening sentences a bit, for example this one: 

"I know first hand how hard it can be starting out trying to generate traffic on a new website, because these days competition is high with how easy it has become to build a website."

If you break it into 2-3 shorter sentences it could help with readability. :D 

Thank you! I will keep that in mind for the future!

Thank you very much! I am adding more content soon, I only just launched it yesterday :)

Coming from someone who believes in more promotion than content  you should really go ahead and bump up your starting content fairly quickly. I usually seed a site with 5-10 articles to start and for a site like yours I would have gone 10.

The IM niche is pretty brutal and you are going to lose out on a lot of return visitors when they come to the site and only see two articles.

Hi Karl,

Have checked out your article and you really have some great content in those 5 bullet points. I posted a comment for you which needs approval. I noticed while browsing through the other sections of the website that you only really have 2 articles on your website at the moment. I would definitely be looking at adding more content to drive some SEO traffic to your blog and to keep visitors on your website. Just my 2 cents but thought I would let you know.

Kind regards,

Gustavo

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By John_Vianny

Hi, i wanna share with you some traffic sources i found to be good.

===================================
      Traffic Sources and Traffic Ideas ===================================

Plenty of Fish - Please login or register to see this link.
        Facebook - Please login or register to see this link.
          Twitter - Please login or register to see this link.
          Youtube - Please login or register to see this link.
        Note: You can also simply create your own youtube videos and upload them, with your opt-in page link embedded in the video, or below in the description.  Try producing several of these for best results.     SiteScout - Please login or register to see this link.
      (formerly AdBrite) - You can buy a lot of traffic here.  Great place to start.     BuySellAds -Please login or register to see this link.
      - Paid traffic from a ton of different publishers.  Excellent site to get started with.     Bing / Yahoo Search - Please login or register to see this link.
      - 2nd tier PPC network.  Not as much traffic as Google, but less strict and cheaper prices     AdMarketPlace - Please login or register to see this link.
      - Self Serve Text Ads     EZineArticles -Please login or register to see this link.
      - Publish relavant articles about the topic of your niche and link to your opt-in page domain for List Building.  You will generate floods of free traffic.     TrafficVance - Please login or register to see this link.
      - I believe they require a $1000 deposit, but well worth it.  They are a PPV/CPV ad network and have a very nice interface.     Lead Impact - Please login or register to see this link.
      - Another CPV ad network with a good reputation.  Lots of international inventory.     Ask - Please login or register to see this link.
      - Go here and answer questions related to your niche, while mentioning  your opt-in page as a good source of information.  Great way to generate free traffic.     Chech also this site, lots of sources of traffic: Please login or register to see this link.

• By _Richard
      If you are considering using Facebook Groups or have tried using it to market your business without much success this article is  a good place to start.

​
      Please login or register to see this link.

• By Steve146
      Hey Guys, 

I would like to share the method of getting super targeted traffic that worked well for me and thought it will be a good idea to share it with you so you can benefit from it. it works. 

Basically what I do is I go to google alert and create an alert on the topic that I'm targeting I'm in internet marketing niche this what I'm familiar with so let say it will be on affiliate marketing or make money online. You want this keyword to has the largest amount of traffic possible don't make alerts on keywords that has low amount of traffic. so what next. 

For the potions of the alert I like to make it like that

How often : as it happens
      Source : Blog or Discussions. you can create one for blog and another one for discussion I don't miss with other. just this two.
      Region : any region
      language : English
      How many : only the best results. 

After that, what will happen is google will send you an alerts of the blog posts and forum discussions that are new and updated and recently indexed by google. this are the most hot today and will get a lot of traffic. what you will do then. if it's a blog you will comment on it by your link or if it's a forum discussion. you will join and post with your signature. it's that simple.

it worked well for me. let me know what do you think and if I can help you with this.  

• By Drivica
      Hi! fellow IM 
      I want to quickly highlight 5 advantages derived from video marketing. 

Is no doubt that video marketing is taking over the internet of things when it comes to promoting products and services.
      every optin pages, every sales page or better still every landing pages has video as the first thing. that's because it converts.

WHY

1. YOU WATCHED A VIDEO TODAY?
      Customers watch videos a lot, i do, of course i am a customer to someone out there. i will always prefer watching a video of the product(s) that i want to buy than reading a long content description. many people nowadays have little or no time for reading long tailed articles. everyone is opting for  a video.
      "The video they watch, is it yours? 

2. Video Is Mobile Friendly
      Every marketer understands that phrase "mobile Friendly". The reason why you are advertising in the first place is to make sales. that means, where ever the traffic that converts to sales is, there we will go.

3. Video Help Increase your Competitions
      Let say you are Bidding for a keyword on Google Adwords Campaign and your PPC is $30/click. and as a startup with no huge capital to throw away. you find out the Big players eat you up. you spend $200 a day with no single conversion on your sales page. men, that's frustrating you know. But with video, one can easily increase conversion speedily.

"It helps you increase your competition"   4.  Video Sharing is Easy to Do. 
      "700+ YouTube videos shared on twitter every minutes
      500+  years Videos are watched on Facebook every day

This could be your marketing video been shared for free over and over again, driving targeted traffic to your product or sale page

5. Videos Do the Selling. with a "BUY NOW BUTTON" on it
      One can actually embed almost anything on their landing page video. starting from a call-to-action button, to a BUY NOW button, to an optin form, and anything at all. many many other things. And that is instant sales for you.

SO I WILL SAY IF YOU ARE YET TO START VIDEO MARKETING, THEN GET GOING NOW
    • By profitpursuits
      I'm getting ready to launch a case study where I'll be building a new niche site from scratch. 

I'll be sharing all the strategies I use to build and grow the site over time.

I just wanted to make this post to get your input on how you'd like to see a niche case study like this proceed.

I'm even open to suggestions on the niche to target.

The main point is to test out some of the popular strategies for social media, and seo to see if we can build a site naturally.

Let me know if this is something that you'd be interested in following.

Cheers!