• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    12 replies to this topic

#1 karlswa

karlswa

• posts 3

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself as this is my first post, but as it is not directly related I will keep it short :)

My name is Karl and I am a young, self made online entrepreneur. After having run many sites in the past, I decided to start up a blog to share what I've learnt and hopefully help others starting out.

I wrote a list of what I find to be the top 5 ways of generating traffic right now (eg within the hour or so), completely for free - I know this is something many starting out (including myself a few years ago) struggle with.

Here is the list, please check it out and let me know what you think! - http://karl.im/5-free-ways-boost-traffic-right-now/

Please don't think this is a way for me to spam advertise my website, I genuinely think this list will bring value to those new to the field, and I'd love to get some feedback on my blog!

I am looking forward to what you have to say!

Thanks,
    Karl  :D

5-ways-boost-traffic-right-now-622x320.p

My Internet Marketing Blog - http://karl.im  :D

#2 SunTzu

SunTzu

• posts 15

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

You need some more content, two articles really does not cover much. Other than that the site looks nice and it put together well. 

#3 Anamarija

Anamarija

• posts 13

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

I agree about the more content part, but as I can see your site is still under construction so you got that covered. 

I like your post any your writing style, it's casual with some real tips. 

Maybe you should just consider shortening sentences a bit, for example this one: 

"I know first hand how hard it can be starting out trying to generate traffic on a new website, because these days competition is high with how easy it has become to build a website."

If you break it into 2-3 shorter sentences it could help with readability. :D 

#4 karlswa

karlswa

• posts 3

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

You need some more content, two articles really does not cover much. Other than that the site looks nice and it put together well. 

Thank you very much! I am adding more content soon, I only just launched it yesterday :)

#5 karlswa

karlswa

• posts 3

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

I agree about the more content part, but as I can see your site is still under construction so you got that covered. 

I like your post any your writing style, it's casual with some real tips. 

Maybe you should just consider shortening sentences a bit, for example this one: 

"I know first hand how hard it can be starting out trying to generate traffic on a new website, because these days competition is high with how easy it has become to build a website."

If you break it into 2-3 shorter sentences it could help with readability. :D 

Thank you! I will keep that in mind for the future!

#6 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,153
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:09 AM

Thank you very much! I am adding more content soon, I only just launched it yesterday :)

Coming from someone who believes in more promotion than content  you should really go ahead and bump up your starting content fairly quickly. I usually seed a site with 5-10 articles to start and for a site like yours I would have gone 10.

The IM niche is pretty brutal and you are going to lose out on a lot of return visitors when they come to the site and only see two articles.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#7 jainteq

jainteq

• posts 36

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

Great article. More inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

#8 Digital 101

Digital 101

• posts 7

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

I have to agree. nice enough looking site but very light on the content. 

#9 gustavowoltmann

gustavowoltmann

• posts 9

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi Karl,

Have checked out your article and you really have some great content in those 5 bullet points. I posted a comment for you which needs approval. I noticed while browsing through the other sections of the website that you only really have 2 articles on your website at the moment. I would definitely be looking at adding more content to drive some SEO traffic to your blog and to keep visitors on your website. Just my 2 cents but thought I would let you know.

Kind regards,

Gustavo

#10 Kassandra

Kassandra

• posts 6

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

I came back for another visit and content wise it is still looking pretty bare. 

#11 Seth Kumarin

Seth Kumarin

• posts 12

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

5 weeks later and still only those 2 articles. seems like a waste of a good looking site. 

#12 DaneSCorby

DaneSCorby

• posts 13

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

Dead link your site is not loading at all.

#13 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,153
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:55 AM

Well that was short lived....

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................