• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed

• CloudBoss.pro

Update: 21 Feb 2017 Foot in the Door (non-SEO) Local Marketing Services

local marketing sms marketing mobile marketing loyalty marketing Birthday marketing Facebook marketing social media marketing

• Please log in to reply
    104 replies to this topic

#21 LaceyTaylor 007

LaceyTaylor 007

• posts 9

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:13 AM

I have some different scripts I use but my main workhorse is woot text.

By buffering your "link spam" from your money sites and making sure that all your tier one pages are of good quality and diversified.

Basically I have a sliding scale of quality. The farther away the link building is to the money site (as well as my PBN sites) the more the scale tips in favor of quantity over quality.

Is there really a benefit from all the low quality spam links? I thought Google had pretty much made that kind of link building worthless.

#22 SunTzu

SunTzu

• posts 15

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:51 AM

I had not really thought of that but you may be right. I will work in some of the things that work for me as well as what had not.

How much time do you normally have to spend on each client to get the sale done?

#23 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,383
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

Is there really a benefit from all the low quality spam links? I thought Google had pretty much made that kind of link building worthless.

That is what they have been trying to sell for years but there is a quite a difference between what Google says works and what actually works. What you can do has changed much over the last 5 years but it still works...

How much time do you normally have to spend on each client to get the sale done?

My "Sales Pitch" is ~30 minutes depending on what service I am showing them. Now before we get to that point I already have at least a couple of touches but that is mostly automated plus usually one short phone call. Call it an hour before I get a check in my hand. You really need to keep it pretty short or the (potential) client is going to lose focus, of that 30 minutes half is pitch and half is answering questions.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#24 nick442

nick442

• posts 23

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

My "Sales Pitch" is ~30 minutes depending on what service I am showing them. Now before we get to that point I already have at least a couple of touches but that is mostly automated plus usually one short phone call. Call it an hour before I get a check in my hand. You really need to keep it pretty short or the (potential) client is going to lose focus, of that 30 minutes half is pitch and half is answering questions.

What kind of closing rate do you have? An hour is not all that much unless you are wasting it on a lot of non buyers. 

#25 Kali DJ

Kali DJ

• posts 24

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

Just curious but how often do you plan on updating your post?

#26 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,383
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:15 AM

What kind of closing rate do you have? An hour is not all that much unless you are wasting it on a lot of non buyers. 

I close ~40% of the face to face meetings and I usually know within the first couple minutes 90%  of the ones that are not going to close.

I weed out a lot of them before it gets to that point, not as many as I would like and I am trying to figure out a way to weed out more without losing any that would close. You have to have a balance there between wasted time and lost sales.

I also close some via the sales funnel without a face to face which saves me some time.

Just curious but how often do you plan on updating your post?

I will answer questions every day and add to the main post a couple of times a week.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#27 nick442

nick442

• posts 23

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

I close ~40% of the face to face meetings and I usually know within the first couple minutes 90%  of the ones that are not going to close.

I weed out a lot of them before it gets to that point, not as many as I would like and I am trying to figure out a way to weed out more without losing any that would close. You have to have a balance there between wasted time and lost sales.

I also close some via the sales funnel without a face to face which saves me some time.

40% sounds pretty good. How do you know about the ones that are not going to close and how do you handle them? If you are positive that they are not going to buy it seems a waste to spend the time trying to sell them.

#28 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,383
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

40% sounds pretty good. How do you know about the ones that are not going to close and how do you handle them? If you are positive that they are not going to buy it seems a waste to spend the time trying to sell them.

It depends on why I think it is not going to work, there are generally two main reasons. One they are just not quite ready for more/different marketing. With them I go ahead and finish my pitch as there is always the chance they will decide later on to give it a try. The second is that they are not taking the time seriously. I try to weed them out before it gets to this point but the process is not perfect. For the most part I let them pick the time and place but even with that the number of people who expect to deal with me while doing other stuff is higher than you would think. They obviously are not really interested so why they would schedule the time is somewhat mind boggling. With them I just cut the meeting short with a "since you are so busy I will not take up any more of your time" and leave. My attitude is screw them my time is too important to be wasting it and it is their loss much more than mine as I have the ability to make them a lot more money. There is an opportunity cost to everything you do, if you are wasting it with someone who does not appreciate your time and what you have to offer then you are better off spending it with someone who does.

#29 mhiweb

mhiweb

• posts 36

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:02 AM

My attitude is screw them my time is too important to be wasting it and it is their loss much more than mine as I have the ability to make them a lot more money. There is an opportunity cost to everything you do, if you are wasting it with someone who does not appreciate your time and what you have to offer then you are better off spending it with someone who does.

The screw them seems a bit harsh when you are trying to sell someone a service. 

#30 RogerTheRabbit

RogerTheRabbit

• posts 7

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Great information I look forward to your updates

#31 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,383
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

The screw them seems a bit harsh when you are trying to sell someone a service. 

Maybe but my time is just as valuable as theirs so why waste it on someone who is not interested in letting me help them make more money?

#32 TheTechDude

TheTechDude

• posts 20

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

It depends on why I think it is not going to work, there are generally two main reasons. One they are just not quite ready for more/different marketing. With them I go ahead and finish my pitch as there is always the chance they will decide later on to give it a try. The second is that they are not taking the time seriously. I try to weed them out before it gets to this point but the process is not perfect. For the most part I let them pick the time and place but even with that the number of people who expect to deal with me while doing other stuff is higher than you would think. They obviously are not really interested so why they would schedule the time is somewhat mind boggling. With them I just cut the meeting short with a "since you are so busy I will not take up any more of your time" and leave. My attitude is screw them my time is too important to be wasting it and it is their loss much more than mine as I have the ability to make them a lot more money. There is an opportunity cost to everything you do, if you are wasting it with someone who does not appreciate your time and what you have to offer then you are better off spending it with someone who does.

Do you do anything  to keep in contact with the not quite ready businesses in case they change their minds later on?

#33 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,383
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

Do you do anything  to keep in contact with the not quite ready businesses in case they change their minds later on?

Yes but it depends somewhat where the lead came from.

#34 JeffTibbs

JeffTibbs

• posts 60

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

Yes but it depends somewhat where the lead came from.

Do you only follow up with leads from certain places rather than all of them?

#35 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,383
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

Do you only follow up with leads from certain places rather than all of them?

Yes....

If they came from a method that gave me an email address then I have a follow up sequence. If they were a referral or other face to face "live"  lead then I give them a way to sign up for the email info and if they do then I follow up with them. If they were one of the "time wasters" I do not bother and just drop them no matter where the lead was generated.

For you guys following the thread I have just updated the OP with one of my lead gen methods.

#36 kokoathome

kokoathome

• posts 17

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

How are you promoting your worksheet?

#37 The Snap

The Snap

• posts 17

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

Is there really that much of a different mindset on the part of the prospect? I mean he has to know that you are trying to sell him something and not just helping him for no reason. 

#38 SunTzu

SunTzu

• posts 15

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

The above 2 questions also interest me but I wonder if you could expand on what happens between them looking at the worksheet realizing they are clueless and you having a sit down with them. Is it all email, phone, skype?

#39 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,383
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:26 AM

How are you promoting your worksheet?

Mostly on social media, I just have a link listed in my profiles and then every once in awhile I will include it in a post. 

Is there really that much of a different mindset on the part of the prospect? I mean he has to know that you are trying to sell him something and not just helping him for no reason. 

Yes there is. The difference between the first contact being the potential client asking for help or me contacting him to try and sell him something is HUGE.....

Of course they know I am going to charge them but the fact is business owners have no problems paying to fix something that is costing them money and in most cases I end up being free as they end up paying me less than they were wasting. 

The above 2 questions also interest me but I wonder if you could expand on what happens between them looking at the worksheet realizing they are clueless and you having a sit down with them. Is it all email, phone, skype?

It depends, generally the first contact or two is usually email at which time I schedule a phone call.

What happens after that is open. Is the client actually local to me? Since I am distributing this particular lead gen tool on social media I get quite a few that are not in my area, those obviously never move to an in person meeting.  Sometimes the client wants to get started before a face to face, sometimes they want to do that first, I stay flexible on that. 

The big factors is how good they are at gathering the info we need and what kind of marketing they are already doing. I know where I want to get them but the starting points are all over the place so some of the voyages are going to be longer than others. 

The other thing is how serious they are about doing something. You get a lot of tire kickers that are not going to close at this point and you do not want to waste any time on them. The phrase "let me think about it" means I am not ready to do this but do not want to say no.  What I do in that case is try and get them into an educational email sequence and drop them from the active list. Most never come back but I have had them call me out of the blue a year plus later ready to do something so keeping in touch with an automated sequence (completely educational zero selling) is worth doing. 

The key for me is to make sure I am not wasting time on people who are not going to buy today. I do not "sell" I tell them what I think is the best path, answer any questions, and then we pull the trigger. If for some reason they are not willing to do so then I do not try to convince them. Going down that road is just wasted time and mental energy. 

#40 Kassandra

Kassandra

• posts 7

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

The key for me is to make sure I am not wasting time on people who are not going to buy today. I do not "sell" I tell them what I think is the best path, answer any questions, and then we pull the trigger. If for some reason they are not willing to do so then I do not try to convince them. Going down that road is just wasted time and mental energy. 

So you are selling but not selling? That seems like a contradiction to me, not sure I understand what you mean.