• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  •  

WPX Hosting by Terry Kyle

WPX Hosting – owned by Traffic Planet founder, Terry Kyle - is the ONLY hosting service recommended by Thrive Themes) – use promo code WPX-LOVES-TRAFFIC-PLANET for $1 first month (‘Business Plan’)

10 Reasons Why WPX Hosting Should Be Your Managed WordPress Hosting Provider:

1. Staging Area w/- UNIQUE functionality – merge your Staging site version with the Live site version WITHOUT losing new blog comments or post/page changes on the Live site since the Staging version was created
    2. WPX Hosting’s 24/7/365 Support Team AVERAGE under 30 seconds response time, according to Live Chat Inc (the independent live chat platform used by WPX Hosting)
    3. “FIXED FOR YOU” Guarantee: Unlike old-school hosting company support that sends you a link to an article when you get into technical trouble & expects you to fix the issue, we do it for you, FAST & FREE (and we can still send you an article link if you want!). WPX Hosting is like your own F1 pit crew, ready 24/7/365 to get your technical problems resolved fast.
    4. SUPERFAST high-end new SSD servers deliberately UNDERloaded for high performance under extreme traffic loads (e.g. email marketing broadcasts, product launches)
    5. UNLIMITED Free Google-Sponsored SSL Certificates Installed & Active In Under 10 Seconds (Watch Video Here)
    6. PHP 7.X Enabled (Plus Earlier Versions) + http2 enabled + enterprise-level Incapsula DDOS protection on ALL plans
    7. Unlimited FREE Site Migration from your current host to WPX Hosting Within 24 Hours, 7 Days A Week
    8. Fully Managed WordPress Hosting With FREE Email Included (Unlike Many Others)
    9. US servers Located In The World's Largest Datacenter Along With America's Financial Infrastructure, UK servers in London too.
    10. WPX Hosting Is Trusted With 50 Million+ Page Views Every Month

How to Dominate in Search Marketing: The Case for Combining PPC & SEO

• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

While I do not personally do a lot of adwords (though it is really useful for testing) I am a big fan of multiple traffic sources so thinking about doing both and more is a good idea.

Throughout my time working in search marketing, one question inevitably comes up when pitching a new client: “Should we focus more on SEO or PPC?”

Consider that question for a moment.

Organic or paid search — they’re fundamentally different yet two sides of the same coin. Having tunnel vision for SEO or PPC doesn’t make much sense when they both help you get to where you want to go. What binds the two strategies together is their purpose: increasing visibility.

It might help to think about this in the context of a basketball team — mostly because I like to make basketball-related analogies.

Hear me out...

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#2 DaneSCorby

DaneSCorby

• posts 35

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

While I do not personally do a lot of adwords (though it is really useful for testing) I am a big fan of multiple traffic sources so thinking about doing both and more is a good idea.

What kind of testing do you use adwords for?

#3 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

What kind of testing do you use adwords for?

Mostly niche and landing pages.

For instance suppose I am looking at a niche but not 100% sure it will convert well. I put up a basic landing page and throw some adwords traffic at it using different keywords and see what happens. Then I have more info to use when deciding whether or not to build out a whole site or exactly what keywords to focus on before investing the time and energy in the link building etc to get it to rank.

Also lets say I have a landing page/sales funnel that I want to drill down on either before I throw a lot of traffic at it or just to get it tuned quicker because it is not getting a huge amount of traffic yet. I can throw some adwords traffic at it and do my testing and tuning.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

All My Forum Topics

#4 Chadrick

Chadrick

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 123

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:06 PM

You have to be careful with ppc in general and adwords in particular. You can waste a lot of money if you do not make sure you are targeting your ads properly. 

#5 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 7,475
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

You have to be careful with ppc in general and adwords in particular. You can waste a lot of money if you do not make sure you are targeting your ads properly. 

The key to not losing your shirt on ppc ads is to tweak them using lower spends and as you get them dialed in start ramping up your daily spend only after you are getting a positive ROI. 

All My Forum Topics