• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • 16 Local SEO Fixes to Ramp Up Your Rankings in 20 Days

• Please log in to reply
    14 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

Probably not going to take you 20 days to knock these out if for no other reason you are already doing at least a few of them.

Local SEO has always been the saving grace of mom and pop stores when it comes to establishing their online presence. But, the local SEO landscape is changing at lightning fast speed. With Google reducing the Snack Pack to a three-pack and more ads eating the local results, local SEO is becoming a battleground for businesses that want to be relevant in their target area.

The best you can do is to keep on experimenting and adopting strategies until your site gets to that coveted position.

To give you a head start, we’ve compiled 16 local SEO fixes that will help you ramp up your ranking in 20 days...

16 Local SEO Fixes to Ramp Up Your Rankings in 20 Days

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#2 claysmithpc

claysmithpc

• posts 2

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

I have also wrote more about SEO techniques that can be used in 2017, but I liked the biref decsription that you give here, and then give the whole bunch article to read.

#3 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

I have also wrote more about SEO techniques that can be used in 2017, but I liked the biref decsription that you give here, and then give the whole bunch article to read.

It is what I generally do. It is not really cool to post the whole thing without linking back to the post itself, this way I get to share the article and the writer/site gets the credit and some traffic.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#4 The Snap

The Snap

• posts 8

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

Probably not going to take you 20 days to knock these out if for no other reason you are already doing at least a few of them.

16 Local SEO Fixes to Ramp Up Your Rankings in 20 Days

I noticed that you have a lot of threads about local seo. Do you do a lot of it compared to niche sites and regular seo?

#5 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:46 PM

I noticed that you have a lot of threads about local seo. Do you do a lot of it compared to niche sites and regular seo?

I actually have been focusing on local marketing the last ~2 years. Not just SEO but a range of different marketing channels. In fact I generally do not open up with SEO as I have found that other marketing works better as a "foot in the door" service.

#6 The New Matt

The New Matt

• posts 33

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

I actually have been focusing on local marketing the last ~2 years. Not just SEO but a range of different marketing channels. In fact I generally do not open up with SEO as I have found that other marketing works better as a "foot in the door" service.

What type of services do you offer and why do they work better than seo?

#7 RetaX77

RetaX77

• posts 7

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

I would be interested in what you are offering as well.

#8 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:40 AM

Mobile marketing (sms), loyalty programs, birthday marketing, connecting their print to mobile, and Facebook ads is what I usually open with. Then I move to converting websites to mobile friendly ( I generally try to move them to my servers when doing web dev), making sure their information is setup correctly in the directories (especially the big ones), and then SEO if needed.

I do not open with SEO for a couple of reasons. First most small businesses I talked to have been burnt by "SEO Experts" in the past and talking SEO to them makes them twitchy. Second is that it takes awhile to see any kind of response when doing SEO, it is a slow burn which makes it harder to keep the client relaxed about what you are doing. 

All my opening services have a quick turn around as far as results go. I can go in and setup a mobile or Facebook campaign and they will be seeing trackable (very important) results in a few weeks. Once I have delivered results like I promised it is much easier to sell additional services that have a slower payoff like SEO because they now trust me to deliver the results.  

A good thing about local is referrals, once you have a few happy local business clients adding more through referrals gets pretty easy which cuts down the selling part which for me is good as that is not something I really like doing.

I have been going to do a post on the best way to approach local. I have started it a few times but other stuff got in the way. I will see if I can finish knocking it out.

#9 ALashayG

ALashayG

• posts 4

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

I would find a post on your local marketing useful if you do find the time to do it.

#10 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

I would find a post on your local marketing useful if you do find the time to do it.

I will try and get one posted later this week. Might be the weekend before I find the time.

#11 JulioDMan

JulioDMan

• posts 3

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

A decnet list some of the I already knew but there were a couple of new ones.

#12 SunTzu

SunTzu

• posts 14

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:30 PM

I will try and get one posted later this week. Might be the weekend before I find the time.

That would be cool. you have mentioned the various services  you offer a few times a nice layout of what you are doing would be helpful

#13 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,048
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

That would be cool. you have mentioned the various services  you offer a few times a nice layout of what you are doing would be helpful

In case you guys and gals missed it I went ahead and started a thread on my local marketing.

https://trafficplanet.com/topic/10983-update-29-dec-2016-foot-in-the-door-non-seo-local-marketing-services/

#14 MarketingSayWhat

MarketingSayWhat

• posts 1
    • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

Can I just say: Stay away from YEXT. Not only are their sales staff awful, terrible people to work with - They make claims that simply aren't true, and their platform is a mess. They don't "fix wrong citations" they delete them and create new ones, causing age to disappear, oh yeah then you have to reindex. Its a whole nightmare, I'll let you read the whole case study here...

https://whitespark.ca/blog/what-happens-when-you-sign-up-for-yext/

Then read the link "What happens when you cancel Yext". Mind blowing. God I hate them.

Edited by MarketingSayWhat, 10 January 2017 - 08:27 PM.

Marketing, Say What??

Digital Growth Marketer - Web Designer

http://www.seolosangeles.marketing

#15 The New Matt

The New Matt

• posts 33

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Can I just say: Stay away from YEXT. Not only are their sales staff awful, terrible people to work with - They make claims that simply aren't true, and their platform is a mess. They don't "fix wrong citations" they delete them and create new ones, causing age to disappear, oh yeah then you have to reindex. Its a whole nightmare, I'll let you read the whole case study here...

https://whitespark.ca/blog/what-happens-when-you-sign-up-for-yext/

Then read the link "What happens when you cancel Yext". Mind blowing. God I hate them.

The cancel article was horrible, they actually go back and remove good info when you cancel. What a scam

What service do most of you guys use or do you do it manually?