xixna

Can you generate targeted traffic from reddit?

Can you generate targeted traffic from reddit? Do you use reddit to generate traffic to your website? Do you have a strategy? 

While I do not personally use reddit for traffic I know that some people do. It is one of those things that are on my list but that I have not had time to dig into yet.

Here are a few articles I have ran across and saved recently on using reddit.

Please login or register to see this link.

Yes, you can generate traffic from Reddit. But the strategy is - not to market. Redditors don't like people who self promote and they know a marketer when they see one. They will actually try to get you banned. I've seen for myself how Reddit marketers are treated harshly.

Don't behave like a marketer. Behave like a Redditor. Interact, post relevant content. Upvotes posts you like. Tailor to your subreddit. Don't something too broad. If you post in a subreddit and it's a hit, wait for a month (in my opinion) before you post another link. Don't get too greedy.

Again, you have to try to be a normal reddit user, be one of them, not a marketer. What's so hard posting about your favourite topics and some funny gifs? They will actually go through your history is they sense a marketer.

Don't let you first few posts be a promotio and don;t over promote your site. Your site wide activity can be seen. And when you do post whatever it is that you're going to promote, explain why you posted it and address their concerns. Then you can post. Be honest, genine and helpful.

If you want to get large amounts of traffic from reddit, you have to keep your posts highly relevant to the users. Even if you do not have a team, you should still have a group of people or a network that you can share your content with.

I was generated a targeted traffic from Reddit by joining my niche related group but traffic was not convert easily in customer so I can say it is only good for getting real traffic and you can earn via advertisement or affiliate, etc.

Reddit is really good source for getting traffic from 50 to 200+ visitors however its depend on your article. If goes viral then you will get lots of traffic.. ;)

On a previous site I operated, I was able to get traffic from Reddit once before. The only problem was, it wasn't targeted. It drove a lot of traffic, but people barely stayed on the post for 20 seconds. So, while it's great for getting traffic on a blog, I think it depends on the niche for it to be worth your wild. 

Reddit can be hit or miss.

You have to be EXTREMELY cautious. Redditors will tear you a new

one if you don't use etiquette (Rediquette) ...just made that up ;)

From personal experience the traffic can come hard n' fast.

Ultimately it really comes down to your approach and your offer.

Focus on your approach and capturing leads. Reddit is definitely not a

source for driving traffic directly to sales pages / affiliate offers.

While I do not personally use reddit for traffic I know that some people do. It is one of those things that are on my list but that I have not had time to dig into yet.

Here are a few articles I have ran across and saved recently on using reddit.

Thanks going to have to check them out as I have tried a couple of times to drive some traffic using reddit and failed rather badly.