• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Can you generate targeted traffic from reddit?

reddit targeted traffic

• Please log in to reply
    7 replies to this topic

#1 xixna

xixna

• posts 5

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

Can you generate targeted traffic from reddit? Do you use reddit to generate traffic to your website? Do you have a strategy? 

Get 10 FREE eBooks With Resell Rights => http://www.cIasoy.com/optin <= Discover The Secrets To Unlocking Your Earnings Potential Through Resell Rights Products.

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,031
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:18 PM

Can you generate targeted traffic from reddit? Do you use reddit to generate traffic to your website? Do you have a strategy? 

While I do not personally use reddit for traffic I know that some people do. It is one of those things that are on my list but that I have not had time to dig into yet.

Here are a few articles I have ran across and saved recently on using reddit.

http://www.prdaily.com/marketing/Articles/7_ways_marketers_can_use_Reddit__18262.aspx

http://www.skyword.com/contentstandard/marketing/how-reddit-marketing-can-fuel-a-passionate-fanbase/

http://tweakyourbiz.com/marketing/2015/11/20/10-tips-using-reddit-successfully-business/

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 CanCrusher

CanCrusher

• posts 5

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

try out to find out google untapped keyword and create post according to these keywords. 

Can Crusher | Can Recycling

#4 vanillablueskyy

vanillablueskyy

• posts 29

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:28 AM

Yes, you can generate traffic from Reddit. But the strategy is - not to market. Redditors don't like people who self promote and they know a marketer when they see one. They will actually try to get you banned. I've seen for myself how Reddit marketers are treated harshly.

Don't behave like a marketer. Behave like a Redditor. Interact, post relevant content. Upvotes posts you like. Tailor to your subreddit. Don't something too broad. If you post in a subreddit and it's a hit, wait for a month (in my opinion) before you post another link. Don't get too greedy.

Again, you have to try to be a normal reddit user, be one of them, not a marketer. What's so hard posting about your favourite topics and some funny gifs? They will actually go through your history is they sense a marketer.

Don't let you first few posts be a promotio and don;t over promote your site. Your site wide activity can be seen. And when you do post whatever it is that you're going to promote, explain why you posted it and address their concerns. Then you can post. Be honest, genine and helpful.

#5 Seokiddo

Seokiddo

• posts 10

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

Of course you will get traffic from Reddit..

#6 jainteq

jainteq

• posts 36

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

If you want to get large amounts of traffic from reddit, you have to keep your posts highly relevant to the users. Even if you do not have a team, you should still have a group of people or a network that you can share your content with.

#7 Dewlance

Dewlance

• posts 10

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:06 PM

I was generated a targeted traffic from Reddit by joining my niche related group but traffic was not convert easily in customer so I can say it is only good for getting real traffic and you can earn via advertisement or affiliate, etc.

Reddit is really good source for getting traffic from 50 to 200+ visitors however its depend on your article. If goes viral then you will get lots of traffic.. ;)

#8 contentranked

contentranked

• posts 5

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:42 AM

On a previous site I operated, I was able to get traffic from Reddit once before. The only problem was, it wasn't targeted. It drove a lot of traffic, but people barely stayed on the post for 20 seconds. So, while it's great for getting traffic on a blog, I think it depends on the niche for it to be worth your wild.